ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adult application based on residence for UK, EU/EEA & Swiss nationals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vinizs
Newly Registered
Italy

Adult application based on residence for UK, EU/EEA & Swiss nationals

Post by vinizs » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:43 am

Hello everyone! Please, looking for people (UK, EU/EEA & Swiss nationals) who started/finished the Irish citizenship by naturalization process recently for some clarification…

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizen ... /#Adult-EU
"UK, EU/EEA and Swiss nationals do not need to use the residence calculator.
You must send us 3 different documents for each year you claim you were resident here to use as proof of residence. You should submit photocopies of each document and ensure that each document shows your name and address."

Just 3 different documents per YEAR, regardless the date, will they count for the whole year? I moved to Ireland in May 2015… But I don’t have documents from May… the first valid document is from July… the second from August… The third from December…. Will they be valid as proof for the whole year? Or will the initial date of my residence be July? Or even December (the latest doc of that year)….

Thanks for helping!
vinizs

ibsp
Newly Registered

Re: Adult application based on residence for UK, EU/EEA & Swiss nationals

Post by ibsp » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:27 pm

I just read the requirements as meaning I had to produce three proofs of residence dated from any month within each of the five years prior to applying.

In fact I provided three proofs with a date in 2014, 3 for 2015, ... up to 2018 - the numerical year prior to my application.

I thought afterwards that I should really have made sure to submit three documents dated within the 12 months prior to my application in August 2019, but then figured that I was probably covered anyway because I'd additionally submitted a 2019 P60 and a number of 2019 bank statements covering the three months prior to my application.

I was never asked to provide additional documents, and was approved (subject to final fee) within six months.

vinizs
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by vinizs » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:23 pm

Hey, so you are saying that, if I apply today, it should be fine? Considering that I moved in May 2015, and the first doc I have is from July?

I mean, if I provide 3 docs from any months within each year 2015-19 (I’ll add 2020), I should be fine?
Thanks!

ibsp
Newly Registered

Post by ibsp » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:10 pm

If you moved here in May 2015 then you would have to declare that on the application form, so you would need to wait at least until May this year to complete the required 5 years' residence before applying.

My experience tells me that your three proofs from year one needn't all be from May 2015 - they could be dated later that year.