ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canadian Tourist visa for Spouse of British National

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Corw

Canadian Tourist visa for Spouse of British National

Post by Corw » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:24 pm

Hi could you please assist me how to obtain Canadian tourist visa for Spouse of British National ?

I and my non eu husband planning to visit Montreal for couple of days We will be travailing to-gether and i am well aware about the Canadian tourist visa for British national which is simple and smooth through eTA online

but i have no idea how to obtain Canadian tourist visa for spouse of British national ?.

Please assist me.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Canadian Tourist visa for Spouse of British National

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 am

Hello

The visa application will be evaluated on its own merits. There is no status of "Canadian tourist visa for Spouse of British National".

But usually Canada is not too complicated with people who legally reside in the UK and are employed.

My wife (non-EEA) got a 10 year visa from Canada with minimal hassle.

Corw

Post by Corw » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 am
Hello

The visa application will be evaluated on its own merits. There is no status of "Canadian tourist visa for Spouse of British National".

But usually Canada is not too complicated with people who legally reside in the UK and are employed.

My wife (non-EEA) got a 10 year visa from Canada with minimal hassle.
wow thats great
Sound your wife got a good job and making ample money thats why they granted 10 year visa entry .
if you dont mind can you please state what documents and saving she had when she applied Canadian tourist visa ?

avro1959
Mood:
Canada

Post by avro1959 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:34 am

The ease of getting a Canadian visa depends solely on your nationality, residency, and financial means. I've had wealthy relatives and friends from India and Afghanistan who have applied for a Canadian visitor visa and been denied because, even with crazy high incomes, the Canadian visa officers were not satisfied that the person will return home after their trip.

You will need to prove financial stability for any visa application. This doesn't necessarily need to be in your wife's name - if you have an income and can provide proof (bank statements, payslips, letter from employer), that would be sufficient.

If your wife is legally resident in the UK and you are applying from the UK, this will greatly improve her chances. Ultimately a visa national who is legally resident of an OECD country (like UK) is viewed as less of risk for overstaying, and they're more likely to be granted a visa.