ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

MzJayjay
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by MzJayjay » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:30 pm

Evening all
I have a question pls, I have checked gov. Uk & have been granted settled status.. God is great!! Can I exercise free travel without Schengen visa with this status?
Thank you in advance for help

MyRights
Newly Registered

Post by MyRights » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:44 pm

At long last settled status granted after a long wait. I was married to an EU national but was separated for so many years. In February 2019, we initiated divorce and after receiving COA caseworker called to say i must submit a copy of decree absolute which i told her i didn't have because divorce was not finalized. She told me to send it in immediately i receive it.

i eventually got it on August 28th 2019 and uploaded immediately as agreed. Since then i have been calling the resolution center every week without any good news.This morning i called them again and it was the same story that everything is okey. Your file is at the final stage and under consideration. After about 2 hours, i received my status via email. My timeline is below.

Timeline
Application online 31/03/2019
Biometric captured 31/03/2019
COA 05/04/2019
Decision (Settled status granted) 07/02/2020

Good luck guys

AnimaultimaX
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by AnimaultimaX » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:12 am

Hello everyone, new member here.
I found these message boards to be somewhat informational as I am trying to get residency here in UK as a non-Eu spouse (American) of an EEA citizen. I recently applied for an EEA FM BRC through the post about 2 weeks ago and still not received a reply for biometrics request. After reading most of the replies on this thread it seems that people are applying for the settlement status rather than applying for the EEA FM route for the BRC that I have taken. My EEA spouse has arrived here in UK previously and received a pre settled status so before I applied for the EEA FM, I tried to apply for the pre settled status as a family member for an EEA citizen online but was asked for my brc which I didn't have. With no solicitor guidance or anyone else to give us advice we just looked at the information at the Home Office website and decided to just apply for the EEA FM brc at that time. My question is how do you even apply for pre settled status as a family member of an EU citizen who already has pre settled status here in UK? Can I apply for this while waiting for a response to my EEA FM application? We are completely new to this country with no other family or support system in UK and unfamiliar with any of the laws. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Dk seema
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Dk seema » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:00 am

MzJayjay wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:30 pm
Evening all
I have a question pls, I have checked gov. Uk & have been granted settled status.. God is great!! Can I exercise free travel without Schengen visa with this status?
Thank you in advance for help
Hello my friend
I think you still need visa even though u have settled status

Dk seema
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Dk seema » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:56 am

Dk seema wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:54 pm
Hi everyone
Is anyone here who got status
Who’s eu partner hasn’t applied yet
Or is this must that eu partner has to have status first
Please let me know thanks
Anyone has knowledge for my question
Please reply me thanks

Zynmalikkkk

Post by Zynmalikkkk » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:09 am

This can be helpful but not compulsory.
Don't worry if your EU partner has not yet applied.

beatleperson
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by beatleperson » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:56 am

Pre settled status.

Non EEA applicant, transfering from tier 1 entrepreneur.

Married to EEA national with settled status.

Application: 13 jan
COA: 20 jan
Granted: 6 Feb

Very happy with timelines.

beatleperson
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by beatleperson » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:57 am

Apply at the same time is best

Saa123
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Saa123 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:20 pm

MyRights wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:44 pm
At long last settled status granted after a long wait. I was married to an EU national but was separated for so many years. In February 2019, we initiated divorce and after receiving COA caseworker called to say i must submit a copy of decree absolute which i told her i didn't have because divorce was not finalized. She told me to send it in immediately i receive it.

i eventually got it on August 28th 2019 and uploaded immediately as agreed. Since then i have been calling the resolution center every week without any good news.This morning i called them again and it was the same story that everything is okey. Your file is at the final stage and under consideration. After about 2 hours, i received my status via email. My timeline is below.

Timeline
COA 05/04/2019

Good luck guys

Congratulations bro I believe you been waiting for longgggge time
Never give up

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:52 pm

Dk seema wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:56 am
Dk seema wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:54 pm
Hi everyone
Is anyone here who got status
Who’s eu partner hasn’t applied yet
Or is this must that eu partner has to have status first
Please let me know thanks
Anyone has knowledge for my question
Please reply me thanks
Its not mandatory

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:44 pm

AnimaultimaX wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:12 am
Hello everyone, new member here.
I found these message boards to be somewhat informational as I am trying to get residency here in UK as a non-Eu spouse (American) of an EEA citizen. I recently applied for an EEA FM BRC through the post about 2 weeks ago and still not received a reply for biometrics request. After reading most of the replies on this thread it seems that people are applying for the settlement status rather than applying for the EEA FM route for the BRC that I have taken. My EEA spouse has arrived here in UK previously and received a pre settled status so before I applied for the EEA FM, I tried to apply for the pre settled status as a family member for an EEA citizen online but was asked for my brc which I didn't have. With no solicitor guidance or anyone else to give us advice we just looked at the information at the Home Office website and decided to just apply for the EEA FM brc at that time. My question is how do you even apply for pre settled status as a family member of an EU citizen who already has pre settled status here in UK? Can I apply for this while waiting for a response to my EEA FM application? We are completely new to this country with no other family or support system in UK and unfamiliar with any of the laws. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
If I were you I would apply through the EU Settlement Scheme instead of applying through EEA FM.
So basically when you start the application online choose prove my identity by post in which case you only need your passport and not brc.
After filling the form, you'll be directed to book an appointment for your biometrics.
Most of the biometric appointment chargeable but if you keep checking on the site you'll surely find a free appointment depending on how lucky you are, I was lucky to get a free one within one week of applying.
So once you book a biometrics appointment, at the appointment venue they'll need to scan your passport or if you don't have it you can go with a valid ID and let them know your passport is with home office remember when you're filling the form you'll type in your passport details.
Now after the biometrics appointment, if the caseworker handling your case requires you to post your passport they'll let you know by email but in most cases they won't need to cos you've already provided it during the biometric appointment.
In my personal opinion I think this is the best thing to do instead of applying through EEA FM.
I hope my little opinion will help you and I wish you the best.
I'm still waiting for my CoA, did my biometrics on the 27th of January

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:47 pm

beatleperson wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:56 am
Pre settled status.

Congrats
That was very quick

LineLove85
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by LineLove85 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:02 pm

lisa193 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:37 am
LineLove85 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:58 pm
lisa193 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:06 pm
BrunoK1441 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:59 am

Congratulations!

Shouldn’t you have been granted Settled status though? (Over 5 years residence and married for 5 years)
Same question here

Thanks!! :D
I got married in September/2015 so still a few months until I qualified for settle status.
But... I don't think it depends on how long you've been married for - because unmarried partners qualify for (pre-)settlement as well. We got married only in November 2019 but moved to the UK together in September 2017 and have evidence of residence from October 2017, so I assumed this is the month from which they start counting my residence here for the settlement? I.e. i'd be eligible for settled in October 2022?

From what I’ve read the clock starts from the day you became a family member of an EU citizen for married couples, unmarried couples is from the day you got your residence card as a partner of an EU citizen. If you married in November/2019 I think you’ll qualify for settle status in November/2024.

LineLove85
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by LineLove85 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:06 pm

BrunoK1441 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:41 pm
LineLove85 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:58 pm
lisa193 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:06 pm
BrunoK1441 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:59 am

Congratulations!

Shouldn’t you have been granted Settled status though? (Over 5 years residence and married for 5 years)
Same question here

Thanks!! :D
I got married in September/2015 so still a few months until I qualified for settle status.
Can I ask if you received a letter in the mail to allow you to book your biometrics appointment? Did you select the ‘apply by post’ option?
Yes I’ve selected “apply by post” and the website directed me to book an appointment for biometrics.

beatleperson
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by beatleperson » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:17 pm

eke123 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:47 pm
beatleperson wrote:
Pre settled status.

Congrats
That was very quick
Thanks, yes I think the reason was that my wife had already been granted settled status and I referenced her application and I already have a valid visa.

lisa1933
Newly Registered

Post by lisa1933 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:50 pm

beatleperson wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:17 pm
eke123 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:47 pm
beatleperson wrote:
Pre settled status.

Congrats
That was very quick
Thanks, yes I think the reason was that my wife had already been granted settled status and I referenced her application and I already have a valid visa.
Very happy for you!
Just to let you know though, most people who report their timelines here did have a valid visa and have their partners with the (pre)settled status already granted. So your timeline is a true miracle.

I’m on Tier 4 (doing a PhD over here).
Married to an EU who has pre-settled status.
Applied on 28.12.2019.
COA: 15.01.2020.

No decision made yet.

Called the Resolution centre a week ago, they told me what they tell everyone - all the docs are in order, it’s with a caseworker. No estimate for the decision timeline that they could give me.

Dk seema
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Dk seema » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:07 pm

Zynmalikkkk wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:09 am
This can be helpful but not compulsory.
Don't worry if your EU partner has not yet applied.
Thanks very much

DanielD1980
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DanielD1980 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:56 pm

LineLove85 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:54 pm
Got my pre settle status today!!!
My timeline:

Application Online: 28/11/2019
Biometrics: 2/12/2019
COA: 16/12/2019
Email from home office asking me for my EU husband’s ID and proof of residence: 2/1/2020 , even tho I’ve linked his application to mine :roll: . I sent a photo of his passport and one payslip.
Decision email: 5/2/2020 status granted!

My history:
I moved here in 2009 on Tier 4 visa, got married in 2015 and never applied for residence card as I didn’t need to work. My student visa expired in 2017.

I know the waiting is awful but just be patient guys!! Everything is gonna be ok :) :P
Wow, I wish my case were as easy to determine as yours! My partner is an Irish citizen and despite including our joint bank account statements at the start, I must have forgotten his passport. They got back and asked for more information about two weeks ago and I uploaded loads more bank statements and a photo of his Irish passport and.......nothing since.

BrunoK1441
Australia

Post by BrunoK1441 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:06 pm

DanielD1980 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:56 pm
LineLove85 wrote:
My timeline:

Email from home office asking me for my EU husband’s ID and proof of residence: 2/1/2020 , even tho I’ve linked his application to mine :roll: . I sent a photo of his passport and one payslip.

My history:
I moved here in 2009 on Tier 4 visa, got married in 2015 and never applied for residence card as I didn’t need to work. My student visa expired in 2017.

I know the waiting is awful but just be patient guys!! Everything is gonna be ok :) :P
Wow, I wish my case were as easy to determine as yours! My partner is an Irish citizen and despite including our joint bank account statements at the start, I must have forgotten his passport. They got back and asked for more information about two weeks ago and I uploaded loads more bank statements and a photo of his Irish passport and.......nothing since.
Did you apply through your partners settled status / application number?

DanielD1980
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DanielD1980 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:13 pm

BrunoK1441 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:06 pm
DanielD1980 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:56 pm
LineLove85 wrote:
My timeline:

My history:

Did you apply through your partners settled status / application number?
My partner and I are resident in Northern Ireland and as he's from the Republic he isn't required to register.

Kadesh123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belgium

Post by Kadesh123 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:16 pm

Hi I’m EU citizen being living on UK more than 5 years i got already the settle status. 
My partner has applied for her Pre settle status As unmarried couple with two years evidence living together here on UkUtilities bills, with Both and separate names, (pic &Conversation)
Her application is linked with my Number of my application!,
Biometric done last October 2019
Receive the COA ! 21 November
Her immigration status overstayer! Atm
because we were not sure on what to apply
(FM BRC /or EU Settlement Scheme) I have call HO and they still saying same that the case is on final stage:(
Any idea? Or Legal advice for all this headache . Many thanks.

raume
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Post by raume » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:15 pm

Hi everyone, I have a question about the application process for non-EEA family members.

My Non-EEA unmarried partner has pre-settled status, end is eligible to apply for settled status in December 2020. The timing is tricky because we are planning to go abroad over the Christmas period for a month or so, about 2 weeks after he is eligible to apply.

So the question is - is there a deadline to attend the biometrics appointment and also to post the BRC and/or passport to the home office if requested? And I guess also to upload any supporting documents to the system, which I think is likely to be requested since we're unmarried partners.

So for example can he book a biometrics appointment to a date that is roughly 45 days after the date of application, or is there a deadline for this before the application gets cancelled? This is in case there are no appointments available near us before we travel out.

If the home office requests that he sends his identity documents or upload any proof of residency or our relationship, is there a specific amount of time within which he needs to take action, or would this be ok to send out after we're back, so again about 45 days after submitting the application?

Of course he can always start the application after he's back in the UK, but we're thinking why loose time...

Thanks in advance for any advice.

april123
Newly Registered

Post by april123 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:31 pm

Hello everyone, I received my decsion today! Non eu married to Eu, valid BRP holder

Timeline:

First application EEA FM cancelled in November,2019
Reason: nothing received since September, 2019.
Eu Settlement Scheme submitted:11.13
Posted passport:11.13
Passport back & Biometrics letter received:11.20
COA received by post:12.2
Decision received by email :2.10, granted pre-settled
BRC on its way....

Wish all of you will get your decision soon! Be patient and positive!

asadaqeel
Mood:

Post by asadaqeel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:32 pm

MyRights wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:44 pm

Timeline
COA 05/04/2019

Good luck guys
Hi, please can you advise how long were you seperated for and what evidence did you provided them? Did yoy have her as ID ?

Many Thanks

soul101
Newly Registered

fresh application , pls help ,complicated case

Post by soul101 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:24 am

husband in prison for fraud , he has not applied for settle status , he is an eu citizen , am a non eu , we got married 2015 , l want to apply for settle status , his passport is with the police l only have photocopy of his passport that expired last year december , pls help how do l go about the application, am so confused , ....
i have all his other document up to date ,