ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can benefits be claimed?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

joolsinlondon
Newly Registered

When can benefits be claimed?

Post by joolsinlondon » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:08 am

Hi,

Circa 2003-2009, can anybody confirm when benefits can be claimed by a non-EU spouse visa please?
Would this only be permissible once ILR or naturalisation occurred?

Cheers, Jools

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: When can benefits be claimed?

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:12 am

Once ilr has been received.

May I ask why you are asking in different questions in different sub forums about historical visas and conditions etc??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

joolsinlondon
Newly Registered

Post by joolsinlondon » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:12 am

Hi CR001 - many thx for your reply. I tried to ask in the right forum :-)
I'll PM you.

joolsinlondon
Newly Registered

Post by joolsinlondon » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:17 am

Oh I cannot access PM's - so I can't PM you!
It's background info on a very sneaky mother in law I might need :shock:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:41 am

Presumably this person already has ilr granted a long time ago, which renders your queries slightly irrelevant and appears to be a bit vindictive.

Certain benefits could be claimed depending on nationality and specific circumstances.

If you feel there are issues, you should raise the complaint or report it to the relevant benefit department if you have proof/evidence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

joolsinlondon
Newly Registered

Post by joolsinlondon » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:15 pm

There's nothing irrelevant or vindictive - it's understanding the circumstances and what was applicable at the time. Thank you for your time & responses (except your last one).

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:26 pm

I thought you were writing a book about the evolution of immigration law in the 21st century :)

Nobody is going to question the immigration status of a mother in law because she worked illegally in 2003 or perceived some benefits in 1972.

Comparing her history to the legal framework of the time to spot occurrences of substandard compliance is not going to lead anywhere.

If you have a mother in law from hell, just keep your distance from her and put boundaries around yourself.

Sometimes there are waves of people trying to bring their mother in law from the other side of the world (which I personally discourage) then again other trying to ship the same mother in law as far as possible :(