ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application some questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

MN1 Application some questions

Post by hina_pirzada » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:25 am

Dear Members,

I am planning to apply Naturalization for 2 of my children on behalf of my ILR which I awarded on 21.10.2019.

I have a few questions related to this:

Q1. Can I apply online OR via paper form ( which one is better)
Q2. I want to apply both of my children at the same time so I need to fill 2 different forms and any supporting documents can I send in the same envelope with cover letter OR I am only able to apply one child at a time ??
Q3. Is there any documents list which I need to prepare my file to send to the Home Office?
Q4. Should I need to send my original BRP OR If I send verified copies to them Should be fine?

Please let me know and documents list as well.

Many Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: MN1 Application some questions

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:31 am

I assume your children were born in the UK.

The application would be for registration under section 1(3) BNA 1981 not naturalisation.

You must make the application online - MN1.

You upload the documents via the UKVCAS portal or at an enhanced UKVCAS centre.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:32 am

Hi you can use the online form that’s is really easy and once finished the application there is an option to add another applicant so you can use that to add the other child. You need to make an appointment with UKVCAS at the end of application and then you will go there for biometrics and they will scan all the documents. You do not need to send any documents as they will scan the original. I don’t think there is difference in time if you use paper or online. I had used both and it does not make any difference. I would say use Mn1 online form it’s simple and easy.I hope this will help or other experienced moderators can help too.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:36 am

Dear Amber and Sand6 many thanks for the reply. I am going via online process. There is a question for passport. One of my child has passport which is going to expire on 25th Feb 2020 and other child has no passport at all. So the first one it is mandatory to send Valid passport or its okay if i submit the application with current one which is very short days to renew.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:52 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:36 am
Dear Amber and Sand6 many thanks for the reply. I am going via online process. There is a question for passport. One of my child has passport which is going to expire on 25th Feb 2020 and other child has no passport at all. So the first one it is mandatory to send Valid passport or its okay if i submit the application with current one which is very short days to renew.
Can any one answer pls

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:07 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:52 pm
hina_pirzada wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:36 am
Can any one answer pls
Hi as far as I know that’s ok as children born in UK are entitled to register as British citizens and passport is not mandatory for it.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:50 am

Hi All,

I have one more question. In Refree part, can director (who is british) of limited company can sign as professional??

Can anyone pls advise

bhai86
Pakistan

Post by bhai86 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:24 am

hina_pirzada wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:50 am
Hi All,

I have one more question. In Refree part, can director (who is british) of limited company can sign as professional??

Can anyone pls advise
Yes if it's a VAT registered company.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:44 pm

Dear All,

Thanks for the reply. Want another calrification with regards of Professional Refree.

My both children have Social Worker for last one year. I spoke with her and she is willing to sign the form. I just want to.çonfirm is there any obligations for professionals to know the children for 3 years OR her referral should be fine.

Also, she cant disclose her home address, she only can provide her council office address. Is that Okay???

Please confirm

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:57 am

Social worker is fine.

Work address is fine!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:21 pm

Thank you for all for their reply.

I have submitted my 2 children application on line today. With regards to supporting documents .

1. They asked to submit the proof of parental responsiblity. I have only their Birth Certificates to submit. So its sufficeint to submit birth certificates OR there is anything else which I need to proof. ??

2. In Consent form, they asked parents to sign with their full address , however the address only mention in Guardian section. Can I add my details in Guardin section OR type same tempelate on word and sign .

Looking forward

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:32 pm

Can anyone answer the above

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:41 am

hina_pirzada wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:21 pm
Thank you for all for their reply.

I have submitted my 2 children's application online today. With regards to supporting documents.

1. They asked to submit the proof of parental responsibility. I have only their Birth Certificates to submit. So is it sufficient to submit birth certificates OR there is anything else that I need to proof?

2. In the Consent form, they asked parents to sign with their full address, however, the address only mentions in the Guardian section. Can I add my details in Guardian section OR type the same template on word and sign.

Looking forward
Can anyone answer the above query, please

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi for proof of parental responsibility it’s the Birth certificate only and for the consent form you just need to fill the first page of consent form as the second page with address is for guardian only. As you mention address already in the form you don’t need to write address again. I hope that helps