ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI APPLICATION

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tom rain
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Confusion on convictions and penalties tier 4 visa

Post by Tom rain » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:24 am

Hello,
I am currently filling my Tier 4 visa application form for my masters degree, Upon filling the form I got a bit confused as to what to put in the convictions and other penalties section. I haven’t been convicted of any crime, been involved with the police or gone to court but 3 years ago my card was taking from me by a course mate of mine and he used it for fraud, I had no idea until the bank blocked my account. After I called the bank (Lloyd’s bank) to complain, they told me what was going on and i explained to them i wasn’t in possession of my bank card and that I gave it to my friend because he was having financial trouble. They told me the was nothing they could do and eventually closed my bank account because given another person a your bank card is against there terms and condition.

So my question is since I have not been convicted, gone to court, fined or arrested by the police do I fall under any of the options in the convictions and penalties section given I have a closed bank account and does having a closed bank account affect my chances of getting my visa?
Regards

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Confusion on convictions and penalties tier 4 visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:41 am

Hello

If you want a good standing with immigration, you really need to stop messing with financial instruments. Opening an account for a friend because he is illegal or involved in fraudulent activity can attract a lot of issues to your direction. It seems you managed to get away lightly with this one.

At it stands, this is not something you need to declare. A Bank is a service provider. They are like BT, Tesco or any other business. They provided you with a service, you didn't respect the T&C so they closed the service. As long as the police or justice weren't involved, it's not something you need to report.

Tom rain
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tom rain » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:16 pm

Thank you. But won’t the home office check the fraud database or for a CIFAS marker ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:33 am

Tom rain wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:16 pm
But won’t the home office check the fraud database or for a CIFAS marker ?
Maybe. If you are concerned, give the details as you have explained them here or ask the international student adviser at your university for advice about how to manage it.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:16 pm

You know better than us. We can't tell you. Only you know how serious was it.

A friend of mine got his account closed by a bank because he moved, he didn't update his address, wasn't using the account... due to fees it went to minus £100 or so. The movements on the account were nil. So the bank invoked T&S and closed the account. No impact on immigration history whatsoever.

Now, if you rented your account to people doing money laundering, you are then part of a large scale scheme and as such, your name is everywhere.

Tom rain
Newly Registered
Nigeria

UKVI APPLICATION

Post by Tom rain » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:13 pm

Hello

So I’ve submitted my visa application and I forgot to include something in the additional information section. Before I submitted my application I contacted the UKVI about an issue I had in the past
And they told me to put it in the additional information section
My question is can the home office trace my enquiry to my application??