ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for Naturalisation as a British Citizen as a T1G PBS Dependent who aquired ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

O_Relly

Eligibility for Naturalisation as a British Citizen as a T1G PBS Dependent who aquired ILR

Post by O_Relly » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:40 pm

Hi all,

Notes:
* I am a naturalised British citizen via the Tier 1 General Route.
* My wife is due to apply for her ILR after completion of 5 years as my dependant.

Questions:

* We are planning to apply using Super Priority Service, so hoping to have same day decision and up to a week for ILR BRP card to arrive.

* Once we have her ILR, the plan is to submit an application to naturalise as a British citizen within the next week as she qualifies per below:
a) Is married to a British Citizen
b) Has lived in the UK for 3 years
c) Has Indefinite Leave to Remain
Am I correct in my understanding that is acceptable?

Please comment. Your valuable insight and experience are much appreciated.

Best regards,
OR
Cheers,
OR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eligibility for Naturalisation as a British Citizen as a T1G PBS Dependent who aquired ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:43 pm

Correct, provided she meets the requirements to apply based on 3 years residence.

You need to wait for her ilr brp card before you can apply
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

O_Relly

Re: Eligibility for Naturalisation as a British Citizen as a T1G PBS Dependent who aquired ILR

Post by O_Relly » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:28 pm

Correct, provided she meets the requirements to apply based on 3 years residence.
Can you please elaborate on what these requirements are? and also provide a doc reference, please?
Cheers,
OR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:33 pm

Google, like I have to???

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... y-guidance

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance

Physically present on the same date 3 years ago as the date she applies and submits online.

No more than 270 days absence in the whole 3 years and no more than 90 days absence in the last 12 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:35 pm

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:49 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:35 pm
Citizenship FAQs
Thanks Secret Simon.
Cheers,
OR