ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation without 12 mos wait

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

malvar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Naturalisation without 12 mos wait

Post by malvar » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi,

First of all wanted to thank everyone who replied to my various immigration queries for the past years (especially the moderators). It's been a long journey from Tier2-General and Tier2 Dependant to ILR for both of us.

On to my query: we just got the letter inviting my spouse for British Citizenship and have it booked on April. I currently have ILR granted last Nov2019.

My question is once my spouse gets citizenship, can I immediately apply for naturalisation too after her ceremony? I don't have to wait until Nov2020?

Thanks again!

Casa

Re: Naturalisation without 12 mos wait

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:58 pm

malvar wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:32 pm

My question is once my spouse gets citizenship, can I immediately apply for naturalisation too after her ceremony?
Yes, providing you meet all the standard requirements.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.