ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DKS2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Next citizenship ceremonies will be in Spring 2020

Post by DKS2020 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:02 pm

Stanina wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:28 pm
I received mail regarding fee and IRP card to be send yesterday but now away from Ireland on business trip and will be away till the week after.
It means will not make it within 10 days limit and probably will miss march ceremony :(

Does it mean that I can not travel outside Ireland until the ceremonies in August or there is the way to travel while Irish Passport application is finished? Have already 5 days trip booked in April.
Hi There,

I received my acceptance letter in November and sent the €950 & Residency Permit card in straight away. (I was not invited for the December ceremony). However, I did travel home to the United States for Christmas. I just brought the acceptance letter for Citizenship with me through airport immigration control. I explained at the desk that I had mailed in my IRP to the government in order to accept Citizenship. I had no troubles doing this. I can't promise that you won't, but for me, it was fine. Hope that's helpful!

Salixruns
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Salixruns » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:05 pm

phoenix49 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:39 pm
Stanina wrote:
I received mail regarding fee and IRP card to be send yesterday but now away from Ireland on business trip and will be away till the week after.
It means will not make it within 10 days limit and probably will miss march ceremony :(

Does it mean that I can not travel outside Ireland until the ceremonies in August or there is the way to travel while Irish Passport application is finished? Have already 5 days trip booked in April.
You can not travel (with exceptions) once you hand over your IRP card, otherwise you should be fine. I'd imagine for August ceremonies they would send letters in June/July, so April trip shouldn't be a problem.
You can travel without the irp card without issue. We've done it loads. Keep a photo of your card or the number with you. And a copy of your letter saying you are waiting for invitation to ceremony. It is not an issue at all to re-enter Ireland with these documents. They are familiar with them at immigration. People have lives and need to travel for work etc.
They also have access on the system to your information.
Maybe this depends on your stamp but we never had a problem when my husband sent his in and I've sent mine in and I'm traveling shortly and don't expect an issue.

twista
Ireland

Post by twista » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:07 pm

What was your timeline DKS2020?
DKS2020 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:02 pm
Stanina wrote:

Hi There,

I received my acceptance letter in November and sent the €950 & Residency Permit card in straight away. (I was not invited for the December ceremony). However, I did travel home to the United States for Christmas. I just brought the acceptance letter for Citizenship with me through airport immigration control. I explained at the desk that I had mailed in my IRP to the government in order to accept Citizenship. I had no troubles doing this. I can't promise that you won't, but for me, it was fine. Hope that's helpful!

Nre123
Ireland

Post by Nre123 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:15 pm

Salixruns wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:05 pm
phoenix49 wrote:
Stanina wrote:

You can not travel (with exceptions) once you hand over your IRP card, otherwise you should be fine. I'd imagine for August ceremonies they would send letters in June/July, so April trip shouldn't be a problem.
You can travel without the irp card without issue. We've done it loads. Keep a photo of your card or the number with you. And a copy of your letter saying you are waiting for invitation to ceremony. It is not an issue at all to re-enter Ireland with these documents. They are familiar with them at immigration. People have lives and need to travel for work etc.
Maybe this depends on your stamp but we never had a problem when my husband sent his in and I've sent mine in and I'm traveling shortly and don't expect an issue.
If you are NonEEA national you would need reentry visa. I got it in two days and i was in same situation as you. Issue would be when you board flight back.

Salixruns
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Salixruns » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:21 pm

Nre123 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:15 pm
Salixruns wrote:
phoenix49 wrote:
Stanina wrote:

If you are NonEEA national you would need reentry visa. I got it in two days and i was in same situation as you. Issue would be when you board flight back.
Oh interesting. I'm Canadian and so is my husband (also Irish now). He never got a reentry visa and he traveled without the irp card cash from the USA, Canada and various parts of Europe. How do you get a re entry visa?

Salixruns
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Salixruns » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:26 pm

Salixruns wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:21 pm
Nre123 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:15 pm
Salixruns wrote:
phoenix49 wrote:

Oh interesting. I'm Canadian and so is my husband (also Irish now). He never got a reentry visa and he traveled without the irp card cash from the USA, Canada and various parts of Europe. How do you get a re entry visa?
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/vi ... ntry-apply. Not all countries require visas to enter Ireland? Canada isn't listed so maybe that's why my husband had no issue?
Now I'm worried. We are away soon in Europe and I don't have my irp card based on his experience with not having it.

Odoba
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Odoba » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:33 pm

You only need the re-entry if you are from a visa required country. Fortunately, USA and Canada are not.

This issue has been going on for far too long. Why does the department not let applicants send only copies of their IRP card with the €950 payments plus pictures and only hand in the card on the day of the ceremony or include it with their passport applications? All these problems would be solved

Salixruns
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Salixruns » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:37 pm

Odoba wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:33 pm
You only need the re-entry if you are from a visa required country. Fortunately, USA and Canada are not.

This issue has been going on for far too long. Why does the department not let applicants send only copies of their IRP card with the €950 payments plus pictures and only hand in the card on the day of the ceremony or include it with their passport applications? All these problems would be solved
Yes! That would be a very logical way to do this.
Thank you for your reply.

DKS2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by DKS2020 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:44 pm

Hi,

I applied in January in 2019. And received my acceptance letter on the 28th of November (days after the 'unbroken residency rule' was revoked). I never received a Second Stage letter to my knowledge. I sent in my documents straight away (beginning December) and am now awaiting an invitation for the March ceremonies :)

jimmyt
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jimmyt » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:16 pm

My wife was asked to send her GNIB and payment last week. Haven't heard anything back yet but hopefully will be invited for March Ceremony. Fingers crossed anyway.

twista
Ireland

Post by twista » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:18 pm

When did she apply jimmy

Maulin
Newly Registered

Post by Maulin » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:25 pm

Hi, has anyone received an invitation yet to the March 2/3 ceremonies? I sent a draft for 950 euros in November 2019 after the letter said to return fee and documents within 10 days to be considered for the nexr ceremony. The website still says that invitations will be issued in the coming weeks and not to contact them by email as they have been inundated with enquiries. In another part of the website it states that invitations will be issued 4 weeks before the ceremony and we have now passed that deadline so I am wondering even if they have received my draft ...

anongirl
South Africa

Post by anongirl » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:29 pm

Did anyone receive any approval letters today asking to submit the 950e? Was told i should receive a correspondence soon but no sign of any mail yet 🙄 the waiting game continues ...

Mimi2016
Tunisia

Post by Mimi2016 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:30 pm

Maulin wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:25 pm
Hi, has anyone received an invitation yet to the March 2/3 ceremonies? I sent a draft for 950 euros in November 2019 after the letter said to return fee and documents within 10 days to be considered for the nexr ceremony. The website still says that invitations will be issued in the coming weeks and not to contact them by email as they have been inundated with enquiries. In another part of the website it states that invitations will be issued 4 weeks before the ceremony and we have now passed that deadline so I am wondering even if they have received my draft ...
Not yet.

Lifeisgood2020
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Lifeisgood2020 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:29 pm

Maulin wrote:
I am in the same boat. I have sent everything 19/11 and didn't receive any invitation yet.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:33 pm

Me too. Submitted fees 950 plus photos on mid November 2019.
Hoping March ceremony.
Lifeisgood2020 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:29 pm
Maulin wrote:
I am in the same boat. I have sent everything 19/11 and didn't receive any invitation yet.

Andy2019
Ireland

Post by Andy2019 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:22 pm

anongirl wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:29 pm
Did anyone receive any approval letters today asking to submit the 950e? Was told i should receive a correspondence soon but no sign of any mail yet 🙄 the waiting game continues ...
Show must go on!!!!!
That is LIFE.
Somebody is crying, somebody is in silence, somebody is happy...
All types and parts of Life.
And that circle is eternal.

anongirl
South Africa

Post by anongirl » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:29 pm

Approval letter received today 07/02/20 :D dated 06/02/20
950e and IRP card posted today as well

Kamione
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Kamione » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:34 am

Good morning every one!

Sat 8 Feb 2020,

Have not received any communication after I send bank draft and photos, I have attached my extension stamp photocopy.
Not received any email or letter of receiving those documents.
The new GNIB card will be issued after 10days(already send the old one) will be sending that also. Any one with similar story?

Has anyone received any invitation to the ceremony yet!!

Nre123
Ireland

Post by Nre123 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:29 pm

No one has got invites..they should start from next week hopefully..they can come upto 20-23rd feb based on historic data

Kamione
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Kamione » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:24 am

Good Morning,

Monday 10 Feb 2020

No invites yet !

Sombrero !

Keeping the hopes alive!

And please keep this thread alive even with you good wishes

Mimi2016
Tunisia

Post by Mimi2016 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:09 pm

Kamione wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:24 am
Good Morning,

Monday 10 Feb 2020

No invites yet !

Sombrero !

Keeping the hopes alive!

And please keep this thread alive even with you good wishes
Not yet😔

adamofgod
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by adamofgod » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:30 pm

Hopefully the invites are sent out soon so as to allow time to book days off from work and also book accommodation. Email received this morning:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. I have been informed by the relevant area that
you fee and documents have been received. Invitations for the Ceremonies on
02 and 03 March 2020 in INEC in Killarney, will be issuing shortly.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 5

vinny312
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by vinny312 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:48 pm

Hey guys,

On Thursday my friend received the invite for the ceremony on the March 2 but no time on!

She send the 950 and the GNIB and to pics on January 13th.

She received the letter and they returned the GNIB and now they are asking her to send the GNIB back before the 21st to confirm her attending at the ceremony.

I did pay my on January 10th and the letter was received on the 13th. But for me nothing yet.

Andy2019
Ireland

Post by Andy2019 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:47 pm

vinny312 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:48 pm
Hey guys,

On Thursday my friend received the invite for the ceremony on the March 2 but no time on!

She send the 950 and the GNIB and to pics on January 13th.

She received the letter and they returned the GNIB and now they are asking her to send the GNIB back before the 21st to confirm her attending at the ceremony.

I did pay my on January 10th and the letter was received on the 13th. But for me nothing yet.
That is what I expected...
Nobody understands what they are doing in Tipperary Citizenship Section.
I did same as you. On 9th of January I sent IRP card , 950 fee and 2 photos and no any explanation even what is going on over there.
And woman you wrote got even IRP card back...
That means she asked them for a card before she would get Invitation for oath.
Any way. Tomorrow and after tomorrow Invitations will fly through Post men around entire country.
Elections are finished.
So, it is time for us now.
Trust me.
All the Best to everyone!