ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed for filling the online form of spouse visa switching from a fiancée visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

flicter
Newly Registered
China

Help needed for filling the online form of spouse visa switching from a fiancée visa

Post by flicter » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:38 pm

Hello everyone,

I am applying for a spouse visa in the UK, and am straggling on filling the online application form. I would be grateful if someone can give me some advice or suggestions on the questions in the application form. Some questions are really confused to me.

Myself: I came to the UK with a fiancée visa in October 2019 and got married to my fiancé (now husband who is British) in December 2019. I had a previous marriage and got divorced about 8 years ago. I have an 8-year-old daughter with my previous husband in China. My daughter used to live with me and my mum in China. Currently my mum helps me to look after my daughter. I am not going to apply for dependent visa for her at this time.

The questions confused or not quite sure for the answer to me are listed below:-

UK Immigration Status-
1) What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?
I chose ‘Family’

Immigration history-
2) Are you currently in the UK on Temporary Admission, Temporary Release or Immigration bail?
My answer is ‘No’

Current partner-
3) Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?
My answer is ‘No’. I think the fiancée visa I currently hold was the first time I applied for a partner route with my current husband. But I am not quite sure if my answer would be correct.
4) Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type.
I chose: 'First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)'.

Non-applying partner-
5) Have you previously been married or in a civil partnership?
My answer is ‘Yes’.
6) What is the current relationship between you and your previous husband?
I chose ‘Divorced or dissolved civil partnership (with or without children)’.

Non applying children-
7) Do you have any children of 18 years old or under?
My answer is ‘Yes’. Because I have a 8-year-old daughter and she is in China currently.
8 ) Are all of your children applying with you on this application?
My answer is ‘No’.
9) Why are all of your children not applying with you as part of this application?
My answer is: ‘My 8-year-old daughter is receiving her education in China. Currently she lives with my mother in my hometown Nanjing City in China.
10) Provide details of the role you take in your daughter XXXX's upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements?
My answer is: ‘I have looked after my daughter XXXX from her birth. She always lives with me and my mother. I got divorced to my previous husband when my daughter was one year old. He hasn’t contributed anything for my daughter.
11) Who does your daughter normally live with?
I chose ‘You’. I looked after my daughter since her birth. My mum helps me to look after my daughter since I came to the UK in September 2019. Is my answer Okay?
12) Was my daughter born in the UK?
My answer is ‘No’.
13) When did your child first enter the UK?
My answer is: 3 November 2011. Actually, my daughter has never been outside of China. Because I have to enter a date as an answer, there is no any other choice to me. The date 3 November 2011 I entered is my daughter’s birth date. I am confused about this question.
14) How long has your child lived in the UK?
Zero days. My daughter lives in China from birth. She has never been in any other countries including UK. However, I have to answer the question above 'When did your child first enter the UK?' Actually, the date 3/11/2011 I entered above is her date of birth. Does anyone has got any idea how I should answer those questions.
15) Who is their other parent?
My answer is ‘I have sole responsibility for this child’. My previous husband is my daughter’s father. However, he hasn't taken parent’s role since we divorced when my daughter was 2 and half months old. Although it states that he should contribute 1000 Chinese Yuan (~120 pounds) per month to my daughter’s living expense on our divorce agreement, actually he only did a couple of months since we divorced, then he completely stopped to support my daughter neither financially nor emotionally. He only came to see my daughter twice in the last 8 years. That’s why I chose ‘I have sole responsibility for this child’. But I am not quite sure if my answer is correct or not.
16) 'I confirm I will provide: Evidence of sole responsibility, for example a birth or adoption certificate'.
I’ve got my daughter’s birth certificate. However, both my name and my previous husband’s name are on the certificate. On our divorce agreement, it states that my previous husband should contribute 1000 Chinese Yuan (roughly 120 pounds) every month. I was wondering if these evidences would be strong enough to support the sole responsibility. Is any other evidences I could provide for the evidences?

I am sorry for so many questions. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice or comments on above my answers/questions. Thank you very much in advance!