ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Giving notice to marry on Ancestral Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Megan Daniels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Giving notice to marry on Ancestral Visa

Post by Megan Daniels » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:31 pm

Hello,

I would just like to find out if we are able to get married at the registry office on ancestral visas. Both of us are on ancestral visas and have been here 3 years .
As far as giving notice goes , will it be atleast 28 days before marriage day or will it be the 70 days I had seen online?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Giving notice to marry on Ancestral Visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:11 pm

Aren't you already married??

ireland/moving-to-ireland-and-brexit-t2 ... l#p1863027

Home office decides whether to extend the notice period to 70 days from 28 days. You won't know until home office writes to you after you have given notice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Megan Daniels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Megan Daniels » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:33 pm

Hi

Thanks for reply.
I sometimes post questions from family as you can see in my history, so I can see what's cracking to help. It's one place to post things where you get an answer which is great.

Ok great thanks

Yes and nobody answered my question about Ireland ha! But I have found out that all will be ok when we move there.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:39 pm

It would be useful if you posted and stated "asking on behalf of my sister/cousin/brother" etc.or even better, get the extended family to register and ask their own questions as it is their journey at the end of the day. The majority of regular members will look at your past posting history and if you post "your" scenario differently each time, they won't respond or offer advice as feel they might be wasting their time give the range of scenarios and questions posted.

Useful to remember that we are all unpaid volunteers giving our time on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Megan Daniels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Megan Daniels » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:50 pm

Oh my goodness I am so sorry. I did not mean to confuse anybody.
I will take that all into consideration from now on.
I do really appreciate everybodys help on here.
Thanks and take care

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Ho usually only extend to 70 days if they suspect a sham marriage or marriage of convenience for visa purposes. The majority of people have no issues giving 28 days notice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Megan Daniels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Megan Daniels » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:02 pm

Right, that makes a lot of sense. Sounds fantastic - I guess there's going to be a wedding then woo hoo!