ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MKCG

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by MKCG » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:39 pm

cdcd2cs2ds wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:03 pm
MKCG wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:09 pm
jgclancy wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:30 pm
MKCG wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:17 pm
2nd question regarding FBR

My grandads Irish death cert said his marital status was ‘widowed’, which isn’t true, he and my nana actually divorced, he moved back to Ireland and she ultimately outlived him by 10 years or so.

When the FBR application asks about the grandparent, it asks his marital status but only gives options for ‘married, single or divorced’.

So he was technically divorced but his death certificate says widowed, which is obviously quite conflicting. What should I enter and will it matter much to my application. ?
Death certificates are known to have erroneous information. You should just check divorced. You can add a letter explaining the discrepancy.

jgclancy
Quick update on this

We have found the divorce decree. It’s £32 for an original copy from Edinburgh Supreme Court.

Do you think it’s worthy to buy it & put into in the application pack with an explanation note, or rather our lack of explanation as to how it’s incorrect. Because we genuinely don’t know why it says widowed. He was estranged for a long time to my gran and my mother at the time of his death. But all his family in mayo are adamant that he never remarried.

Although that being said, Whether he was divorced or widowed I don’t see how it changes anything in relation to line of descent.

It’s Just conflicting the death certificate slightly and he obviously wasn’t alive to amend it.

I had a slight discrepancy on my grandparent's death certificate as well. I enclosed a letter explaining it, which I have been advised will be sufficient. My family are also looking into having the death registration corrected.
I don't know if that is an option for you, but if you are really concerned about this affecting your application, you can look into contacting the registrar where the death is registered and providing proof that the original information was incorrect. A corrected certificate can then be issued.
Ye
It has concerned me enough that I phoned the FBR helpline today. They advised that I should enclose the divorce decree along with the rest of the application and a cover letter explaining that it says his marital status is widowed on the death cert but it he was actually divorced. The only reasonable explanation I can give is that my mum and gran were estranged from him/he was in a different country for 20 odd years and his next of kin in mayo maybe didn’t actually know his marital status and maybe guessed?

Two other things that crossed my mind...

1, (and this is what I’ve been told, not my personal opinion) that being divorced in rural Ireland in the 60/70’s was frowned upon?!? Therefore ppl wouldn’t admit to it.

2, maybe he didn’t know he was divorced, I know this sound unbelievable but his the divorce decree basically says his address was unknown/he wasn’t contactable.

I’ll do as they ask and it should all be ok I hope
Who knows

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:33 pm

[/quote]

Ye
It has concerned me enough that I phoned the FBR helpline today. They advised that I should enclose the divorce decree along with the rest of the application and a cover letter explaining that it says his marital status is widowed on the death cert but it he was actually divorced. The only reasonable explanation I can give is that my mum and gran were estranged from him/he was in a different country for 20 odd years and his next of kin in mayo maybe didn’t actually know his marital status and maybe guessed?

1, (and this is what I’ve been told, not my personal opinion) that being divorced in rural Ireland in the 60/70’s was frowned upon?!? Therefore ppl wouldn’t admit to it.

2, maybe he didn’t know he was divorced, I know this sound unbelievable but his the divorce decree basically says his address was unknown/he wasn’t contactable.

Who knows
[/quote]
Seems like that should do fine. Yes--death certs are known for incorrect info since it depends on who is giving the information.They may not know things. Especially things people rarely mention like divorce.
Remember- when they finally get to your application down the road and if they need to know something they'll just ask you! Good luck!
jgclancy

MKCG

Post by MKCG » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:16 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:33 pm
Ye

Who knows
[/quote]
Seems like that should do fine. Yes--death certs are known for incorrect info since it depends on who is giving the information.They may not know things. Especially things people rarely mention like divorce.
Remember- when they finally get to your application down the road and if they need to know something they'll just ask you! Good luck!
jgclancy
[/quote]
Ye I’m sure it’ll be ok.
As I say, the line of descent is still the same & is written down in black & white on all the certs

Kmui
Newly Registered

Post by Kmui » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:46 am

Some timelines here helping me patiently wait. I had some concerns with a name variation. The O in O'Connell seemed to be dropped on my grandfather's birth certificate but was re-instated on marriage and death certificates. The O is present on my mothers birth cert too. This caused an uncle to have a rejected passport application at the london embassy some years ago.

When I printed my application the estimate on the dfa website showed 5 months. The email confirming receipt in Dublin estimated 6 months.

I'm almost there here's my timeline.

FBR application received, confirmation email from Dublin 26Mar19.
Email to confirm address 04Feb20
No further contact so called FBR helpline 10Feb20 and confirmed application approved 06Feb20. Recieved tracking number on the call (not active on an post or royal mail) but told a 5-6 week wait for postage.

Tom91
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Tom91 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:09 am

Hi,

I got told my FBR application had finally been approved a few weeks ago (17th Jan) and that I will be added to the FBR register. They told me there is a delay on printing certificates - I contacted them today and was told there is still a delay.

Does anyone know if it is possible to apply for a passport now before my certificate arrives? Do you need to quote any reference number or anything from the certificate?

Thanks

Lee2521
Ireland

Post by Lee2521 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:23 am

Tom91 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:09 am
Hi,

I got told my FBR application had finally been approved a few weeks ago (17th Jan) and that I will be added to the FBR register. They told me there is a delay on printing certificates - I contacted them today and was told there is still a delay.

Does anyone know if it is possible to apply for a passport now before my certificate arrives? Do you need to quote any reference number or anything from the certificate?

Thanks
Good morning Tom ,

You could do the online part of the passport application but the application will be paused until you have sent all the required forms . Also you need have a digital photo to start the online process which is not too hard to find in boots and other retailers .

azonic
Newly Registered

Post by azonic » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:39 am

Hi jgclancy,

I am looking to do a joint FBR application for my two sons to save time and paperwork - I have separate forms for them but my question is about how many passport photos I need for myself (ie the Irish Citizen Parent). The form says I need to submit 4 photos of me (2 to be witnessed) so do I need to therefore submit 8 if it's an application?

Thanks for any advice / help.
Azonic

jgclancy wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:54 pm
MKCG wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:32 pm
Great news
Thanks
I’ll let him know
Just FYI - you and your brother can apply at the same time and both use the same documents for your grandparent & parent. Just need separate application forms & each of your individual documents. Best to
put everybody's documents into separate well labeled folders( put both of your application numbers on the outside of package as well)

Good luck -- jgclancy

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:36 pm

azonic wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:39 am
Hi jgclancy,

I am looking to do a joint FBR application for my two sons to save time and paperwork - I have separate forms for them but my question is about how many passport photos I need for myself (ie the Irish Citizen Parent). The form says I need to submit 4 photos of me (2 to be witnessed) so do I need to therefore submit 8 if it's an application?

Thanks for any advice / help.
Azonic
You will need a set of 4 photos for EACH application. I'd put each set in a different envelope as well. My brother just did this for his 2 minor children.
jgclancy

DRodgers
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by DRodgers » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:05 pm

DanaMarie wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:54 am
DRodgers wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:59 pm
Hi Everybody,
I just did my online application today and paid my €278 and I’m feeling quite excited!
The process seems quite straightforward so far and my next step will be to get my documents certified by a Notary/Solicitor.
I live in Glasgow and wondered if anyone who has been through the process in Scotland could offer any advice or pointers on the best people to deal with for this. I imagine they are all pretty much on the level and similar in price etc. but any advice would be much appreciated as would hearing your experience of the process.
Just found this forum and beginning to read through the posts so apologies if this has already been discussed. I found out about it through these 2 blogposts which I found very helpful

Third party blog posts removed by moderator

Many thanks and all the best to everyone
Donald
I'm in Scotland as well and will be shortly submitting my passport application so I'll keep an eye out for your follow-up post on getting your docs notarized. I was in the US when I submitted my FBR application so I have no experience here, I don't have a GP yet so I'm out of luck there and it sounds like the PO is a good way to go. Please share your experience and I'll do the same and we can compare notes!
I sent my application for FBR off today. In the end I had my documents certified by a notary in Glasgow, I have been meaning to make a will for a while so I got that done at the same time and he gave me a reduced fee for doing both. His normal fee for doing only FBR documents would have been 70 pounds, that seems to be the standard fee with notaries/solicitors as far as I can tell from the quotes I got.

Lee2521
Ireland

Post by Lee2521 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:24 pm

At last my FBR journey is over now that I have received my Passport Card today , in total the whole process has taken 13 months and 2 weeks but it's worth it.

My time line

FBR online - 28/12/18
FBR app received in Ireland - 06/02/19
Address confirmation/citizenship e-mail - 11/11/19
FBR received - 12/12/19

Passport app online - 05/01/20
Passport app received - 21/01/20
Passport received - 06/02/20
Passport Card - 10/02/20 (Missed delivery picked up today 11/02/20)

Give and take I could of maybe had my FBR a month earlier if at the time I didn't need to wait 5 weeks for a GP appointment so my doctor could witness my FBR application. On my passport application too I could of had it 3 weeks earlier had I had someone ready to witness it straight away plus I didn't start this process until 3 weeks after receiving my FBR cert.

PD9
Newly Registered

Post by PD9 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:27 pm

A herculean effort to keep this updated Sulla. Much appreciated by us all I’m sure and exciting to see the progress of the tracked applications. Good to see some nip in before the 12 month period.

Hope all is well in China!
Sulla wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:34 am
A new list with updates. Actually, due the the backlog there have not been all that many changes. Valiant's news was one item, but there have not been very many people getting their certificates lately. The same type of delay happened to me last year. I waited 14 weeks on printing.

Spending Spring Festival in China seemed like a good idea this year. It turned out not to be. Though not quarantined, I expect to remain stuck here for the next few weeks. This novel coronavirus has been severely disruptive.

May 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Jacqui309 – received May 15th / (Added to FBR October 1st 2019) Yes, it actually took that long!!
Kellie18 – received May 16th / (Added to FBR December 3rd 2018)
Emma86 – received May 30th (Added to FBR November 20th 2018)

June 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Ben321 – received mid-June / Pending (coming soon)
Cindy – received June 14th / Pending
156Nathan – received June 16th (Added to FBR November 14th 2018)

July 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Brawn – received July 2nd (Added to FBR March 13th 2019)
Jpauls – received July 12th (Added to FBR November 13th 2018)
Nick1066 _ received July 18th online date (Added to FBR November 14th 2018)
BostonCeltics – received July 20th (Added to FBR November 15th 2018)
Stephen F – received July 20th 2018 (Added to FBR unknown / Certificate received January 10th 2019)
Samantha – received July 22nd / (Added to FBR July 2nd 2019) Thai Case
James_mcfc – received July 25th (Added to the FBR November 27th 2018)
Rbs3 – received July 27th (Added to FBR March 26th 2019)
Rdslight – received July 31st (Added to FBR – May 23rd / Certificate received June 3rd 2019)
Richard – received July 31st (added to FBR March 10th 2019)

August 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Oction – received August 1st (Added to FBR July 11th 2019)
Sean – received August 2nd (Added to FBR December 19th 2018)
Spav – received August 3rd (Added to FBR December 11th 2018)
Faith2611 – received August 3rd / (Awaiting Printing)
Amcbamcb – received August 8th (Added to FBR May 17th 2019)
Hol292 – received August 10th (Added to FBR July 5th 2019)
Rick81 – received August 10th / Pending
Sulla – received August 14th (Added to FBR November 28th 2018) Chinese Case
LeifRNR – received August 14th Added to FBR July 17th 2019)
Laurie – received August 15th / (Added to FBR August 1st 2019)
NYNJ – Received August 16th 2018 / (Added to FBR August 15th 2019)
Valiant – Received August 16th 2018 / Transferred to Adoption Route January 2020
Michael – received August 21st / (Added to FBR June 7th 2019)
Donna – received August 21st / (Added to FBR June 7th 2019)
Upliam _ received August 22nd / (Added to FBR September 9th 2019))
USczKat – received August 23rd / (Added to FBR September 10th 2019)
SonicBoom – received August 28th / (Added to FBR August 30th 2019)
GSP666 - received August 28th / (Awaiting printing & Delivery)
Pumps100 – received August 29th / (Added to FBR September 10th2019)
MaddeningBike – received August 31st / (Added to FBR August 30th 2019)
Nydccub – received August 31st / Pending

September 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Court2 - received September 1st / Pending
Shaunier – received September 1st / (Added to FBR September 23rd 2019)
Oshma – received September 4th / Added to FBR September 9th 2019)
Clongwill – received September 6th / Pending
Aussie_MJ – received September 10th / pending
Fillio39 – received September 11th / Pending
Chloe19 – received September 13th / Pending
Mark1Nesbitt – received September 13th / Pending
Costus – received September 14th / Added to FBR August 22nd 2019)
Spiderplants – Received September 17th / (Added to FBR September 24th 2019)
JohnMHouston = received September 17th (Certificate received September 13th 2019)
Spike – received September 20th / (Added to FBR September 11th 2019)
Wims - received September 24th (Added to FBR September 12th 2019)
Mozza75 – received September 25th / (Added to FBR September 16th 2019)
Tess53 – received September 26th / (Added to FBR 18th September 2019)
Kkjak - received September 27th / Pending (address confirmed)
Sqimandy - received September 27th / (Added to FBR September 19th 2019)
LesMalouinettes- received September 27th / (Added to FBR September 19th 2019) Australian case
Aion - received September 27th / (Added to FBR September 11th 2019)
MaryO – received September (unspecified date) / Pending

October 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
GennartMeehan – received October 1st / (Added to FBR September 20th 2019)
Edwards02 – received October 1st / Pending (additional docs request September 30th 2019)
Shaunier – received October 4th / Pending
Theonlyh- received October 9th / (Added to FBR September 26th 2019)
Ross12222999- received October 9th / Pending (address confirmed)
PMartin44 – received October 9th / Pending (address confirmed)
Mkeel - received October 10th / (Added to FBR October 17th 2019)
Marwin – received October 15th / (Added to FBR June 18th 2019) German Case
Macdo_Macdo - received October 16th / (Added to FBR September 19th 2019)
Bellcurvechaos – received October 22nd / Pending
KHC7968CZ – received October 22nd / Pending (address confirmed)
Miles892 - received October 22nd / Pending
MRRodrigues – received October 30th / Pending (Address Confirmed)

November 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Joolz1- received November 3rd 2018 / (Added to FBR October 7th 2019)
Mori68 - received November 4th (Added to FBR October 8th 2019)
Alicg – received November 6th / (Certificate received October 15th 2019)
Cheeseontoast - received November 6th / (Added to FBR October 2nd 2019)
Luke125Swalker- received November 9th / (Added to FBR May 25th 2019 (South African Case)
Ezza received November 2nd / (Added to FBR December 2nd 2019)
Cooter - received November 14th / (Added to FBR October 4th 2019)
Moodor – received November 15h / Pending (address confirmed)
Eowyn- received November 20th / (confirmation of citizenship E-Mail received October 17th 2019)
Zimbot – received November 20th / (Added to FBR October 3rd 2019)
MasterCaution – received November 28th / (Added to FBR September 18th 2019). German case

December 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.

Asdf1234- received December 4th / (Added to FBR October 17th 2019) Canadian case
Larran2019 – received December 4th 2019 / (Added to FBR October 24th 2019)
Jimdal86 – received December 7th / Pending
Besha - received December 14th / (Added to FBR October 18th 2019)
Quondam – received December 18th / Added to FBR July 4th 2019) New Zealand Case

January 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
Bridgette – received January 9th / (Added to FBR October 30th 2019)
DebF – received January 9th / (added to FBR October 25th 2019)
Kmosfet – received January 10th / (Added to FBR November 6th 2019) Canadian case
BillyHicks – received January 14th (official acknowledgement date. September 2018 postal receipt) / (Added to FBR 25th September 2019)
Jri51 – received January 14th / Pending (address confirmed)
Emyln – received January 15th / (Added to FBR) Certificate received November 23rd2019
Bluegill – received January 16th / (Added to FBR November 7th 2019)
SamJakeChloe – received January 21st / (Added to FBR End April 2019) Malaysian Case
ChrisBKC – received January 22nd / (Added to FBR) Address Confirmed
DanaMarie – received January 29th / (Added to FBR 26th November 2019)
Mikekally – received January 30th / (Added to FBR October 31st 2019)

February 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.

Lee – received February 6th / (Added to FBR November 11th 2019)
Lenny1463 – received February 6th official receipt. Actual postage Unknown / (Added to FBR) Certificate received December 14th 2019.
Jaxx -received February 11th / (Added to the FBR July 22nd 2019) Finnish Case
MikeyLondon – received February 12th / (Address Confirmed)
Buyer7 – received February 15th official receipt. Actual postage November 2018/ Pending (address confirmed)
Jcampbell05 – received February 15th (confirmation March 15th) / pending (address confirmed)
Iamsouthy – received February 17th / Pending
Moodor – received February 20th official receipt. Actual postage November 2018/ (Added to FBR) Certificate received November 13th 2019.
Accountname - received February 26th / (Added to FBR October 2nd 2019)
Jacqui19641 – received February 27th / Pending

March 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
Roxannelc – received March 8th / (Added to FBR) Citizenship confirmation call received December 19th2019.
Tom_bcfc -received March 12th / (Added to FBR December 31st 2019)
Monthehoops – received March 15th / Pending (Address confirmed)
Seanhodges – received March 19th / pending
Mayorob - received March 20th / Pending (address confirmed)
Spelga50 – received March 20th date of confirmation of receipt. Actual postage November 2018/ (Added to FBR October 7th 2019)
Rob9 – received March 21st date of confirmation of receipt. Actual postage December 2018/ Certificate received November 5th.
CatieElise – received March 21st / (added to FBR waiting on certificate)
Kernzy - received March 26th / Pending
Chrisinpm- received March 28th / Pending
Olispence – received March 2019 (not specified - application sent Nov 2018) / (Added to FBR January 18th 2020)

April 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
KAR110 - received April 9th / Pending
Brexit Irishman – received April 14th / Pending
Faull_Guy – received April 16th / Pending
LA8887 – received April 24th / Pending
Fvigaud – received April 26th 2019 / Pending

May 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019
Pipefish – received May 21st / pending
IrishNJUSAman -Received May 27th 2019 / Pending

June 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
Daddyod – received June 4th 2019 / Pending
Dth- received Mid/Late June (unspecified) / Certificate printed and ready for collection August 12th 2019 – Hong Kong Case expedited due to pregnancy
Powerbook1 – received June 26th / (Added to FBR July 25th 2019) Hong Kong Case
JgClancy – received June 27th / Pending
DouggieB – received June 27th / Pending
Neilk83 – received June 27th / Pending (South African Case)

July 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
BigDaddy100 - received July 1st / Pending
CATG – received July 8th / Pending
Lainyb – received July 15th / Pending. New Zealand Case
Rhughes – received July 15th 2019 / pending
Flyingmum – received July 19th / Pending
EmmaWilliams- received July 26th / Pending

August 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
AndyK – received August 1st / Pending
Luna2019 – received August 6th / Pending
Obrienlj – received August 9th / Pending
ReturningIrish – received August 14th / Pending
Brent28 – received August 23rd / Pending

September 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
ShellySA – received September 16th / Pending
PD9 – received September 24th / pending

November 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
Jaybourne – received November 15th / Pending (Canadian Case)

December 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.

Rinefitz– received December 16th / Pending
JeremyNYC – received December 19th 2019 / Pending

January 2020 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2020.
Barainiacghost – received January 10th / Pending
Con_Philips – received January 21st / Pending
Ornafives – received January 30th / Pending

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:56 am

Lee2521 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:23 am
Tom91 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:09 am
Hi,

Thanks
Good morning Tom ,

You could do the online part of the passport application but the application will be paused until you have sent all the required forms . Also you need have a digital photo to start the online process which is not too hard to find in boots and other retailers .
The required documents Includes the original FBR certificate. So there is likely no advantage to applying online. Everything you need to know can be found on the DFA website.

Mariecws
Newly Registered

Post by Mariecws » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:11 am

Kmui wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:46 am
Some timelines here helping me patiently wait. I had some concerns with a name variation. The O in O'Connell seemed to be dropped on my grandfather's birth certificate but was re-instated on marriage and death certificates. The O is present on my mothers birth cert too. This caused an uncle to have a rejected passport application at the london embassy some years ago.

When I printed my application the estimate on the dfa website showed 5 months. The email confirming receipt in Dublin estimated 6 months.

No further contact so called FBR helpline 10Feb20 and confirmed application approved 06Feb20. Recieved tracking number on the call (not active on an post or royal mail) but told a 5-6 week wait for postage.
I had the same issue as you with an O’ present on some docs and not others. Frustratingly I had my confirmation of docs received email the day before you did and have heard precisely nothing!

Monthehoops
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Monthehoops » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:24 am

Just a quick update:
Application was made early March 2019. Confirmed as received on 15/3/2019
Email asking for confirmation of address 6/1/2020
Email confirming dispatch of certificate 4/2/2020
Hooray. Certificate delivered and received 10/2/2020 so pretty much 11 months start to finish. FBR entry given as 6/1/2020

Now onto the passport!!!

seanhodges
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by seanhodges » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:52 pm

Received my FBR certificate yesterday, 11th Feb 2020

Originally sent off application 12th March 2019
Received 19th March 2019
Some queries about witness, sorted out 13th Jan 2020
Congrats email 5th Feb 2020

Now gathering everything for the online passport application...

Jordann26
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Jordann26 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Update: I don't know how I missed it, but the FBR office sent emails confirming they received my and my brothers' applications/documents the same day it was delivered. I did not include the application numbers on the packaging by mistake but it didn't seem to make a difference.

I did not expect to get confirmation so quickly based on others experiences but perhaps this is a positive sign that they are moving the process along somewhat faster.

Details:

Application/docs received in Dublin: Feb 4, 2020
Confirmed as received: Feb 4, 2020

Kmui
Newly Registered

Post by Kmui » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:01 am

Mariecws wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:11 am
Kmui wrote:

I had the same issue as you with an O’ present on some docs and not others. Frustratingly I had my confirmation of docs received email the day before you did and have heard precisely nothing!
Mariecws. I had to call for an update. I was more concerned that they would need more documents. Seems the O wasnt an issue in the end. If you call they should be able to tell you if tour application is now approved and give you a postal tracking number. My application shows approved 2 days after confirming my address. That call put my mind at ease, no certificate yet but I now know there aren't any problems with the application.

mayorob
Newly Registered

Post by mayorob » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:05 am

Just applying for my Irish passport now after finally being accepted onto the FBR.

Am I reading this correctly? Do I need to send my full UK passport along with my application or just a certified copy? As long as I have it back within 3 months that's fine but I just wanted to check!

seanhodges
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by seanhodges » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:51 am

mayorob wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:05 am
Just applying for my Irish passport now after finally being accepted onto the FBR.

Am I reading this correctly? Do I need to send my full UK passport along with my application or just a certified copy? As long as I have it back within 3 months that's fine but I just wanted to check!
I thought that at first glance, but re-reading the rules listed for overseas applicants, it was clear they were happy with a certified copy of the passport, just as for the FBR application

Valiant24
Newly Registered

Post by Valiant24 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:57 am

mayorob wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:05 am

No, a copy certified by someone in one of the approved occupations is fine. Or was for me!

Mariecws
Newly Registered

Post by Mariecws » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:53 pm

Kmui wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:01 am
Mariecws wrote:
Kmui wrote:

Mariecws. I had to call for an update. I was more concerned that they would need more documents. Seems the O wasnt an issue in the end. If you call they should be able to tell you if tour application is now approved and give you a postal tracking number. My application shows approved 2 days after confirming my address. That call put my mind at ease, no certificate yet but I now know there aren't any problems with the application.
Thanks for the info, I haven’t even had the email to confirm address though :-(

Kmui
Newly Registered

Post by Kmui » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:34 pm

Mariecws wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:53 pm
Kmui wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:01 am
Mariecws wrote:
Kmui wrote:

Thanks for the info, I haven’t even had the email to confirm address though :-(
Oh no sorry I read that wrong. :oops: hope you get the confirm address email soon! Looks like the O variation hasn't been an issue.

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:23 pm

tom_bcfc wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:56 pm
documents received in dublin march 12th 2019
confirmation of address email 31 dec 2019
congratulations email 29 jan 2020 (today) shall receive documents in post in 6 days. such good news considering my last post I had just spoken to someone on the phone who told me it was going to be early march.....

as for passport express, from Liverpool. I sent my girlfriends from Liverpool south john post office on 21st jan. Cost of £81, passport is £70 but they use ann post which is £11. she has received an estimated passport delivery date on her tracking of 24th feb.

so hoping to have both our passports in hand for our trip to Dublin for st patricks day!!

Hope everyone else has some good news soon with there applications. good luck all!
I just checked the tracker today (I've been obsessively checking it every day) and it moved to "Printing" status as of this morning. How's your gf's coming along?

LisaD9999
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by LisaD9999 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:29 pm

Hello everyone, new here
I am American and have just started the process for FBR. Gathering all of my documentation and was wondering if anyone knows whether I need to obtain Apostille Seals for the required documents. Thank you for any info on this.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:58 pm

LisaD9999 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:29 pm
Hello everyone, new here
I am American and have just started the process for FBR. Gathering all of my documentation and was wondering if anyone knows whether I need to obtain Apostille Seals for the required documents. Thank you for any info on this.
No,you do not. As long as they are official copies from an issuing government agency. Example: New York City issues it's own birth,marriage & death certificates.NY State issues any outside of NYC. If you get a certificate from the NYC that's fine as it is. I did get one marriage document from the Archives stamped by the county & state apostille but only for my personal desire.
I asked this question too. Even saved the official reply that I did not need to get the apostille.
JGClancy