ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

snooky

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by snooky » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:11 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:34 pm
Hi all, my COA dated 5th of February was received yesterday 10th of February. The letter states decision will follow SHORTLY. It just feels like a FILM which I thought was GENERAL and have now realised it is a HORROR FILM and it requires Parental Guidance. SEASON 1 BIOMETRICS : SEASON 2 COA: SEASON 3 DECISION. SEASON 2 feels like the CLIMAX of this EU SETTLEMENT story. I hope and pray SEASON 3 has a happy ending. May they not drag it to SEASON 4 APPEAL.
LULUBABY

Am happy to hear there is a progress on your EU Settlement application DR. All will be fine.

I like your satirical season write up

I can't hold into my laughter

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:20 pm

Hello Snooky,
Thanks for your response.

Reason why your application has been refused:

Your application has been considered under regulations 16(5), 16(8) and 20(1) of the immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 as amended.

You have a right of appeal against this decision under regulation 36 of the 2016 Regulations.

We are separated. When my son was 7yrs , I claimed asylum in 2012 and it was refused, but the HO granted myself and my kids 10yrs route discretionary leave to remain.

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:29 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:20 pm
Hello Snooky,

Your application has been considered under regulations 16(5), 16(8) and 20(1) of the immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 as amended.

You have a right of appeal against this decision under regulation 36 of the 2016 Regulations.

We are separated. When my son was 7yrs , I claimed asylum in 2012 and it was refused, but the HO granted myself and my kids 10yrs route discretionary leave to remain.
Ngoo

Thanks for your reply. After carefully considered your refusal, I believe Home Office is totally wrong and your appeal would succeed.

This is regulations 16(8) which is incompatible to the new Patel vs SSHD and Home Office refused to change their guidance

(8) A person is the “primary carer” of another person (“AP”) if—
(a)the person is a direct relative or a legal guardian of AP; and

(b)either—

(i)the person has primary responsibility for AP’s care; or

(ii)shares equally the responsibility for AP’s care with one other person who is not an exempt person.

In this context, Home Office failed to apply the New Patel vs SSHD(Shah ruling ) of 16 December 2019.

On Regulations 16(5) You succeeded
(5) The criteria in this paragraph are that—
(a)the person is the primary carer of a British citizen (“BC”);

(b)BC is residing in the United Kingdom; and

(c)BC would be unable to reside in the United Kingdom or in another EEA State if the person left the United Kingdom for an indefinite period.

Regulations 20(1) reads

20.—(1) The Secretary of State must issue a person with a derivative residence card on application and on production of—
(a)a valid national identity card issued by an EEA State or a valid passport; and

(b)proof that the applicant has a derivative right to reside under regulation 16.

The Home Office have a culture of deception and not updating guidance early to reflect current courts ruling.

Go to the courts and make your case as shared responsibility is allowed under Zambrano.

Again Home Office disregard of protecting children within their boarders under section 55 of the Borders and citizens right 2009 and article 7 of EEA REGULATIONS then section 3(1) of the United nations Right of the child.

The Judges will be with you and trust me Home Office would not even come to court because they know is a loss game for them and win to you.

Mubashir will sort you out

Good luck

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:28 pm

@Snooky God bless you! I am terrified of going to court 😊 I will put in a paper appeal. I believe it will succeed by the grace of God.Thank you for the insight and explanation.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:06 am

Goodmorning all, I just called the EU settlement centre and the guy who picked didn’t waste time to remind me that I spoke to a manager on the 8th of February and that the said manager asked me to give them a month and that I will receive a Decision within one month. I asked him if the ‘a month’ meant by 8th of March, he told me he couldn’t guarantee if I will get a decision then. I then asked him, “which means I should TRUST that Manager I who asked me to wait a month?”. He just snapped that I should give them a month as was told. He said that based on that he didn’t have any update for me. Honestly, it doesn’t feel like I just spoke to that manager 4days ago. I don’t know why I am so paranoid and feel like I have been waiting for ages. The fact that I don’t trust the Home Office makes it worse. Unfortunately, I am not a good shock absorber.

Chris90
Mood:

Post by Chris90 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:58 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:06 am
Goodmorning all, I just called the EU settlement centre and the guy who picked didn’t waste time to remind me that I spoke to a manager on the 8th of February and that the said manager asked me to give them a month and that I will receive a Decision within one month. I asked him if the ‘a month’ meant by 8th of March, he told me he couldn’t guarantee if I will get a decision then. I then asked him, “which means I should TRUST that Manager I who asked me to wait a month?”. He just snapped that I should give them a month as was told. He said that based on that he didn’t have any update for me. Honestly, it doesn’t feel like I just spoke to that manager 4days ago. I don’t know why I am so paranoid and feel like I have been waiting for ages. The fact that I don’t trust the Home Office makes it worse. Unfortunately, I am not a good shock absorber.
It's a sign that their cup is full of people wanting to resolve their cases and they ran out of excuses to keep us hanging. Not a bad thing. We are all due a decision and the pressure they face is a reminder of the lives on wait...

Do not get discouraged, you are entitled to a decision on you application or a valid reason for the delay and until one reaches you, you have every reason to want it sorted.. Try again tomorrow or later.

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:10 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:06 am
LULUBABY

Keep the fire on. At times the People we speak with are not even Managers at the HO

They doing everything to stop people chasing up the case

Home Office can't tell you to phone to or tomorrow.

Make a formal complain to the complaint Department and copy your MP and PHSO as Zambrano_ombudsman said in his post.

Yessy
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Yessy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:15 am

I have been waiting since June. My 2.5 finished on 26th of January. I called the HO for advice and i was told my work would not be affected, something about CONTINUING RIGHTS... Anyway, I have had to get my lawyer involved. He's written them (the EU scheme) a letter. We haven't received any response. It's been 3 weeks. He has also helped me request for a new COA that would enable me to keep working. Fingers crossed...

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:25 am

I have received a long letter of apology again from the Home Office EU Settlement Scheme with a new grammer.

Sorry for this unacceptable delay Mr. Xxxxx.

Your case has now reached the CHARACTER ENQUIRIES STAGE.

We Hope to revert to you asap and we are aware of the anxiety this has put your family through.

Nonesense nonesense nonsense

This was written to my MP. Am Waiting also for the complaint Department to Respond to my letter dated 3/2/20 which was copied to my MP and PHSO as I have then made final complaint to the ombudsman.

After this legal complain someone email me from the Quality Control Management Team to say Home Office will get me a decision this week

So. Am Waiting

Chris90
Mood:

Post by Chris90 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:45 am

snooky wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:25 am
I have received a long letter of apology again from the Home Office EU Settlement Scheme with a new grammer.

We Hope to revert to you asap and we are aware of the anxiety this has put your family through.

This was written to my MP. Am Waiting also for the complaint Department to Respond to my letter dated 3/2/20 which was copied to my MP and PHSO as I have then made final complaint to the ombudsman.

After this legal complain someone email me from the Quality Control Management Team to say Home Office will get me a decision this week

So. Am Waiting
Hey there,

I recently filled a complaint via email and received response saying they will investigate and get back within 20 working days. My question are

Can I take my dissatisfaction to my mp before they respond?
Can I take it to phso before they respond or before I take it to my mp?

Thanks in advance.

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:09 pm

Chris90 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:45 am
snooky wrote:

So. Am Waiting
Hey there,

I recently filled a complaint via email and received response saying they will investigate and get back within 20 working days. My question are

Thanks in advance.
Phone the the PHSO and make a complain and they will give you a reference number so by the time Home Office revert to you with negative response then you have something going with them

Remember they have the final say

Chris90
Mood:

Post by Chris90 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:22 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:09 pm
Chris90 wrote:
snooky wrote:

So. Am Waiting
Hey there,

Thanks in advance.
Phone the the PHSO and make a complain and they will give you a reference number so by the time Home Office revert to you with negative response then you have something going with them

Thank you I will do that today, the resolution centre manager i spoke with escalated my case to quality control management recently. I am not confident he did or if it will make a difference but this what he said. Let wait and see....

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:58 pm

Chris90 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:22 pm
snooky wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:09 pm
Chris90 wrote:
snooky wrote:

So. Am Waiting
Hey there,

Thanks in advance.

Thank you I will do that today, the resolution centre manager i spoke with escalated my case to quality control management recently. I am not confident he did or if it will make a difference but this what he said. Let wait and see....
Quality Control Management Team will make a difference and only few cases are being passed to them. They are the eye checkers to stop abuses within the EUSS program

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:27 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:29 pm
Ngoo wrote:
Hello Snooky,

Ngoo

Thanks for your reply. After carefully considered your refusal, I believe Home Office is totally wrong and your appeal would succeed.

This is regulations 16(8) which is incompatible to the new Patel vs SSHD and Home Office refused to change their guidance

(b)either—

(ii)shares equally the responsibility for AP’s care with one other person who is not an exempt person.

In this context, Home Office failed to apply the New Patel vs SSHD(Shah ruling ) of 16 December 2019.

(c)BC would be unable to reside in the United Kingdom or in another EEA State if the person left the United Kingdom for an indefinite period.

Regulations 20(1) reads

20.—(1) The Secretary of State must issue a person with a derivative residence card on application and on production of—
(a)a valid national identity card issued by an EEA State or a valid passport; and

(b)proof that the applicant has a derivative right to reside under regulation 16.

The Home Office have a culture of deception and not updating guidance early to reflect current courts ruling.

Go to the courts and make your case as shared responsibility is allowed under Zambrano.

Again Home Office disregard of protecting children within their boarders under section 55 of the Borders and citizens right 2009 and article 7 of EEA REGULATIONS then section 3(1) of the United nations Right of the child.

The Judges will be with you and trust me Home Office would not even come to court because they know is a loss game for them and win to you.

Good luck

Hello everyone!

Just a quick update, I applied for the EU settlement scheme online on the 21/11/2019
Biometric 16/12/2019
COA 4/01/20

Received an email from them on the 13th of January to give them a call. I called them and I was told that they will send a paper application to me. I got the paper application completed it and sent it back on the 21/ 01/ 20
On the 31/01/20, I received another Biometric letter which was confusing to me. So I gave them a call and I told the lady I spoke to that I was told to complete a paper application so that they will them update the online application. She said to me, well you have 2 application on the system if I were you I will leave it just the way it is. I Just got home from work today to receive another COA dated 8/2/20. Is possible to have 2 of the same application with home office?

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:32 pm

@Ngoo

Yes and No because the moment the paper application goes, it automatically overrides the online one.

Since 2 May 2019, for Zambrano EU Settlement Scheme DR becomes VALID is to apply on a generic paper application. Is part of Appendix EU immigration rules within the withdrawal agreement.

So please fill the paper application and turn it in.

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:42 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:27 pm
snooky wrote:
Ngoo wrote:
Hello Snooky,

Ngoo

(b)either—

Regulations 20(1) reads

Good luck

Hello everyone!

Just a quick update, I applied for the EU settlement scheme online on the 21/11/2019
Biometric 16/12/2019
COA 4/01/20

Received an email from them on the 13th of January to give them a call. I called them and I was told that they will send a paper application to me. I got the paper application completed it and sent it back on the 21/ 01/ 20
On the 31/01/20, I received another Biometric letter which was confusing to me. So I gave them a call and I told the lady I spoke to that I was told to complete a paper application so that they will them update the online application. She said to me, well you have 2 application on the system if I were you I will leave it just the way it is. I Just got home from work today to receive another COA dated 8/2/20. Is possible to have 2 of the same application with home office?

‘Making an application: validity’.

These requirements are that:

• the application has been made using the required application process (which, in the case of a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’, is the required paper application form)

• the required proof of identity and nationality (or of entitlement to apply from outside the UK, where the application is made outside the UK) has been
provided, by a relevant process for this set out in that form

• the required biometrics have been provided, by a relevant process for this set out in that form
Where you have established that the applicant has made a valid application and, using this guidance, is (or, as the case may be, for the relevant period was) a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ as defined in Annex 1 to Appendix EU,

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:43 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:27 pm
snooky wrote:
Ngoo wrote:
Hello Snooky,

Ngoo

(b)either—

Regulations 20(1) reads

Good luck

Hello everyone!

Biometric 16/12/2019
COA 4/01/20

‘Making an application: validity’.

These requirements are that:

• the application has been made using the required application process (which, in the case of a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’, is the required paper application form)

• the required proof of identity and nationality (or of entitlement to apply from outside the UK, where the application is made outside the UK) has been
provided, by a relevant process for this set out in that form

• the required biometrics have been provided, by a relevant process for this set out in that form
Where you have established that the applicant has made a valid application and, using this guidance, is (or, as the case may be, for the relevant period was) a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ as defined in Annex 1 to Appendix EU,

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:17 pm

Hello Snooky,

I have already completed and sent the application to home office on the 21st of January 20. And they received the application the very next day. Snooky you are right. So technically I have waisted 2 months waiting for nothing.I wish I came across this forum before I made the initial online application but anyways I thank God that I found you guys. I just want to stay positive all the way and I pray we will all testify soon.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:22 pm

So the COA dated 8th of February that I received today is for the paper application that I submitted on the 21st of January 20.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:06 pm

snooky wrote:

So. Am Waiting
. Hello Snooky, I am so happy for their positive correspondence to you. The week is just a couple of days left. Honestly, you have really tried keeping it together, trying as much as you can to direct us on how to sort out our various issues and also being positive all through your long journey. We hope and pray they definitely get back to you when promised. Fingers, hands, legs... we have everything crossed for you.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:27 pm

Mhhhhhhh, wonders shall never cease. Character Enquiries Stage!!!!. I am now really scared. I take my child daily to school myself but don’t do the pick up from after school and holiday clubs because I finish work late. Will this affect me negatively?.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:47 pm

I am now wondering if that Manager I spoke to on the 8th was referring to those various stages when he said to me “Let me have a look.... your application is going on well, there is nothing I can see here at the moment that you should be worried about, if we have any queries we will get back to you...”

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:49 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:54 pm
Ngoo wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:38 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:26 pm
Ngoo wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:13 pm
Please can you send me the link? Thanks
https://immigrationappealsonline.justic ... k/IACFees/

If u need grounds of appeal ler ne k ow i will give u.
Yeah please I need it. Please I need assistance cos I have no idea how do it. Though I want to make a paper appeal. Many thanks
I am at work will finish 6 am morning so will send u detail in morning
Hello Mubashir,

Please don’t forget to send the appeal stuff, thank you.

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:52 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:17 pm
Hello Snooky,

I have already completed and sent the application to home office on the 21st of January 20. And they received the application the very next day. Snooky you are right. So technically I have waisted 2 months waiting for nothing.I wish I came across this forum before I made the initial online application but anyways I thank God that I found you guys. I just want to stay positive all the way and I pray we will all testify soon.
Stay positive and viberation. That’s the way it goes.
The wasted time was for a purpose so dont sweat.

There is light at the end of every tunnel

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:02 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:27 pm
Mhhhhhhh, wonders shall never cease. Character Enquiries Stage!!!!. I am now really scared. I take my child daily to school myself but don’t do the pick up from after school and holiday clubs because I finish work late. Will this affect me negatively?.
Dont be scared and weary, That new GRAMMER isnt gonna hurt you

Remember in English law, Parental Responsibility is assesse and defined as parent allowing a child 3 days in a week ( day n night) to stay with under the same roof.

So evening picking up or dropping off a child is termed as DEPENDENCY.

But that grammer Character Enquiries is not within that category. This is purely criminal convictions.