ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Renewal- good news?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Imhere01
Newly Registered

Indian Passport Renewal- good news?

Post by Imhere01 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:56 pm

I applied for a Indian passport renewal on 3rd February 2020.

Today, I saw on the tracking page that It says ‘ The assessment of your application is complete and your processed passport has been dispatched through DX/Royal Mail. Thank you‘

Does this mean my new passport has been issued?

As it’s only been 1 week since applying, I’m a bit nervous

Any experiences?

srsw

Re: Indian Passport Renewal- good news?

Post by srsw » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:00 pm

Time Frame for service: MINIMUM 8-10 working days in normal cases, from the date of submission of application & 4 – 6 weeks if the application is submitted in any of the centre falling under the jurisdiction of Consulate General of India, Birmingham or Consulate General of India, Edinburgh.

In some cases, clearance/verification is required from the Indian authorities. Processing time would be around MINIMUM 4-6 weeks.

Source: https://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/NEW_ ... sport.html

So getting passport in 8 -10 working days is now normal. Nothing to panic. Passport services have improved drastically in the last few years.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.