ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O application via super priority but dead silence since March!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Toyaki55
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Ilr application coming up for whole family

Post by Toyaki55 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:33 pm

Hi All

First time poster and would love everyone's advice

Background

My partner got discretionary leave to remain based on failed asylum application in 2010. Joined her as dependant in 2012. We then all applied for extension in 2012 and eventually got given 2013 till 2016.

After lots of delays again got given another 3 years from may 2017 till May 2020 for her and my daughter (9 years old) and Feb 2021 for me. Note we all applied at the same time!!!

My questions are;

1. How soon can she apply for ILR?

2. Because of the costs I was thinking of a scenario where she applies alone using super priority service (hopefully she gets it quickly) then immediately apply for British passport for my daughter before her visa expires 22.05.2020.

3. Or safer option, just try and apply for ILR for both of them using standard service?

4. What documents are required for her type of application?FLR (DL) apparently.

5. Also if applying immediately for my daughter s British passport what documents would we require?

5. How soon can I apply? 28 working days before or normal days?

Your help will be most appreciated.

Regards

Toyaki55
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Ilr application coming up for whole family

Post by Toyaki55 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:43 pm

Additional questions.

7. Does she need to do the LIUKT or show evidence of passing English language test?

8. Also what financial requirements are applicable to her given her background and route to ILR taken?

( She earns less than 18k working part-time). I'm the main provider for the family.

9. New baby due June 2020 how does this impact application? Would we need to do anything for them with this current application?

Apologies for all the questions. Thought I'd just ask all at once

Thanks

Toyaki55
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Toyaki55 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:59 pm

10. Can I apply with them as well? Because of delays my visa expires 02. 2021 while theirs is 05.2020? Despite this we all are well past the 6 years discretionary leave required (original grant was 10. 2013) for ILR due to numerous delays processing our applications.!

Thanks!

Toyaki55
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Toyaki55 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:53 pm

Can someone please help me with the above queries. As I mentioned earlier I have had lots of delays and complications in the past hence the reason I'm trying to get it right the first time!

Your input will be much appreciated moderators.

Thanks!!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:00 pm

People here are volunteers mate.

Too many questions to be honest with you.

Try to search the forum first. Most questions have been covered many times really. Then, if after than you still need assistance, feel free to ask. But in any forum, dropping 10 questions in one go, doesn't fly very well.

As the immigration history of your wife seems rather complex, the Super Priority Service might not give you good value for money. They can overshoot the SLA if the case is complex.

Toyaki55
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Toyaki55 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:36 pm

Ha thanks

My apologies.

Just thought I'd just ask everything in 1 go rather than a back and forth.

Thanks for clarifying anyways.

Appreciated

Toyaki55
Newly Registered
Nigeria

SET O application via super priority but dead silence since March!!!

Post by Toyaki55 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:05 pm

Hi All

hope someone can help with my situation

applied for ILR using Set (O) based on DLR. This was a super priority service application on 09 March 2020 , had biometric done 11 July in Birmingham after several delays due to COVID.

since then its been radio silence. no acknowledgement, not even a text even though I paid for the SMS service!!!

its been 3 weeks now and still no emails, letters or anything to even indicate my application was received.
Yet this is meant to be the 24 hour service. kept calling the helpline and after the first 5 days they said they would escalate but nothing since then. everytime I call now all they say is they've sent a chaser, but no emails to myself acknowledging that!! (and yes I did check my spam folders)

My visa expired 22 May 2020 can I even still work?

what else can I do to chase this and get things moving?

surely Im due a refund as I paid 3204 for the super prirority servcie? how do I pursue that?

hope someone can help, this is getting really frustrating!!1!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET O application via super priority but dead silence since March!!!

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:51 pm

If you applied in time then your previous visa conditions continue under section 3C of the immigration rules.
Contact your MP.
surely Im due a refund as I paid 3204 for the super prirority servcie? how do I pursue that?
You didn't pay £3204 for super priority. The fee for that service is only £800. You don't get the whole ilr and super priority fee back if there is a delay. The £800 refund is usually automatic and the approvals email or letter will state something about it.

Have you checked your spam/junk mail folder?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Toyaki55
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Toyaki55 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:29 pm

Yes I've checked my spam folder. Check it almost every hour at this point.

Will contact my MP as suggested.

Thanks

humanist100
Newly Registered

Post by humanist100 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:02 am

Super priority service is suspended, so your applications will go in the regular queue. Your 800 fee will be refunded if you email to homeoffice complaints email ID.

Toyaki55
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Toyaki55 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:40 am

thanks for this. have you got an email address for the complaints team you can share?

arjay

Post by arjay » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:40 am

Toyaki55 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:05 pm
Hi All

hope someone can help with my situation

applied for ILR using Set (O) based on DLR. This was a super priority service application on 09 March 2020 , had biometric done 11 July in Birmingham after several delays due to COVID.

since then its been radio silence. no acknowledgement, not even a text even though I paid for the SMS service!!!

its been 3 weeks now and still no emails, letters or anything to even indicate my application was received.
Yet this is meant to be the 24 hour service. kept calling the helpline and after the first 5 days they said they would escalate but nothing since then. everytime I call now all they say is they've sent a chaser, but no emails to myself acknowledging that!! (and yes I did check my spam folders)

hope someone can help, this is getting really frustrating!!1!
I think you should bear in mind that as your biometrics weren't done until 11th July, that is realistically the start date for your visa application being processed, or rather being added to the queue to be processed. Then add to that the fact that the priority service has been suspended, that there are large backlogs of applications to be processed, and some, if not many HO staff are working from home, I wouldn't think that delay is very long, Really its coming up to 1 month. The HO usually deal with applications in about 4 months, but currently can be as long as 6 months.

You can continue to live and work here, once your application has been submitted even/when if your BRP has expired.

As mentioned previously, you would get an automatic refund of the £800 priority service fee.

humanist100
Newly Registered

Post by humanist100 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:43 am

Toyaki55 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:40 am
thanks for this. have you got an email address for the complaints team you can share?
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk