ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal submitted - no bundle provided by home office

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khan1992

Re: Appeal submitted - no bundle provided by home office

Post by khan1992 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:08 pm

Hi guys
Quick :?:
When visa is refused ...does 28 days to lodge appeal start from date on refusal letter or the date you collected your passport?

ANKST
India

Post by ANKST » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:53 pm

BordersDivide wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:17 pm
Update; I was too lucky to have such an early appeal date.

Court rang my lawyer and told us that the appeal date has now changed - extended it to end of Feb.

Waiting for new court letter.

Will update with any changes.
That's a bummer. I wonder why they have done it.

I still haven't got any update in my case as well.

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:45 am

BordersDivide wrote:

Court rang my lawyer and told us that the appeal date has now changed - extended it to end of Feb.

Oh no - I came on to wish you the best with the tribunal.

They've moved it by a month so we are still on a pretty decent timeline. Have you received a new court letter? Hope it is in Feb for you!

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:47 am

khan1992 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:08 pm
Hi guys
Quick :?:
When visa is refused ...does 28 days to lodge appeal start from date on refusal letter or the date you collected your passport?
28 days from when you receive the refusal - so 28 days from when you've picked up your passport with the refusal letter.

BordersDivide
Egypt

Post by BordersDivide » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:48 pm

Fififadi wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:45 am
BordersDivide wrote:

They've moved it by a month so we are still on a pretty decent timeline. Have you received a new court letter? Hope it is in Feb for you!
Thanks fififadi- you came on the date of my hearing date which has now been changed. You timed it well.

They contacted my solicitor and requested my husbands witness statements, these were given on 15 Jan 2020. We now have to wait till 28 Jan to see what happens. Either it will proceed towards end of feb court appeal hearing, or HOME OFFICE will change their decision. Nothing in writing yet.
If no response is given and proceeds to court then we will submit the whole bundle which we have had prepared for the court hearing (22 JAN 2020, which has not changed towards end of FEB)

Nothing is straight forward.

How’s it going with you

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:40 am

BordersDivide wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:48 pm
Fififadi wrote:
BordersDivide wrote:

Thanks fififadi- you came on the date of my hearing date which has now been changed. You timed it well.

They contacted my solicitor and requested my husbands witness statements, these were given on 15 Jan 2020. We now have to wait till 28 Jan to see what happens. Either it will proceed towards end of feb court appeal hearing, or HOME OFFICE will change their decision. Nothing in writing yet.
If no response is given and proceeds to court then we will submit the whole bundle which we have had prepared for the court hearing (22 JAN 2020, which has not changed towards end of FEB)

How’s it going with you
Hey

Ok, so until end of Feb they can still withdraw their original decision. I hope they do just that and your wait is over.

It’s silly how everything is dragged out so long! There really should be a fast track service for appeals too!

Well my notice of appeal didn’t have an exact date on there for the review, it said it takes approximately 15 weeks. I’ve calculated this to be mid March. I’ve seen others were actually specified a date.

I just hope we get listed for court very soon after the review date is up!

Also, just a question, if I want to change my representation mid appeal, can this be done? I’m not really having much communication through my current solicitor.

BordersDivide
Egypt

Post by BordersDivide » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:25 pm

Fififadi wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:40 am
BordersDivide wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:48 pm
Fififadi wrote:
BordersDivide wrote:

How’s it going with you
Hey

Ok, so until end of Feb they can still withdraw their original decision. I hope they do just that and your wait is over.

It’s silly how everything is dragged out so long! There really should be a fast track service for appeals too!

Well my notice of appeal didn’t have an exact date on there for the review, it said it takes approximately 15 weeks. I’ve calculated this to be mid March. I’ve seen others were actually specified a date.

I just hope we get listed for court very soon after the review date is up!

Also, just a question, if I want to change my representation mid appeal, can this be done? I’m not really having much communication through my current solicitor.

Fast track at joke office? I mean home office.

I changed lawyers at stage of being represented at court. All they do is update the court so can be done.
Do pick someone who does keep in contact. My previous one gave me anxiety and current one is very reassuring and calls me even on weekends if need be - it’s what I wanted.

You will get a letter “NOTICE OF HEARING” which should indicate a date. This will follow after your 15 weeks are up buddy

:)

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:40 pm

Hi BordersDivide and ANKST.

Was just wondering if you both got your appeal hearing dates for this month?

BordersDivide
Egypt

Post by BordersDivide » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:33 pm

Hi fififadi,

Yes, I have my appeal hearing in approx 2 weeks time.

The home office requested witness statements and have also requested for the video link which we had put forward. This means, they want to speak to my spouse in court in addition to me, separately. We need to make sure our points and arguments are the same.

We have also arranged a barrister.

Whats your situation?

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:49 am

BordersDivide wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:33 pm
Hi fififadi,

The home office requested witness statements and have also requested for the video link which we had put forward. This means, they want to speak to my spouse in court in addition to me, separately. We need to make sure our points and arguments are the same.

Whats your situation?
Hi,

That's great news! I hope it all goes well for you, sending you lots of prayers and good wishes.

Hiring a barrister is best i think, especially if the refusal wasn't due to a missing document etc.

I have changed representation now, HO contacted my spouse to say only partial pages of the grounds of appeal were submitted, (previous solicitors) so had to sort that out as quickly as possible. We still have a month to go until our 15 weeks are up!

Please keep me posted on your progress.

N_a

Post by N_a » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:20 pm

Fififadi wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:49 am
BordersDivide wrote:
Hi fififadi,

Whats your situation?
Hi,

That's great news! I hope it all goes well for you, sending you lots of prayers and good wishes.

Hiring a barrister is best i think, especially if the refusal wasn't due to a missing document etc.

I have changed representation now, HO contacted my spouse to say only partial pages of the grounds of appeal were submitted, (previous solicitors) so had to sort that out as quickly as possible. We still have a month to go until our 15 weeks are up!

Hi, just want to ask when did you receive your notice of appeal letter? And when your 15weeks are up? Mine are over in 2 weeks time but no received anything yet ☹️

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:15 pm

N_a wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:20 pm
Fififadi wrote:
BordersDivide wrote:
Hi fififadi,

Whats your situation?
Hi,

Hi, just want to ask when did you receive your notice of appeal letter? And when your 15weeks are up? Mine are over in 2 weeks time but no received anything yet ☹️
Hi

I think I've posted my timeline in this thread, if you want full details.

I received my notice of appeal on 4th December - 15 weeks are up 18th March. When did you receive yours?

N_a

Post by N_a » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:49 pm

Fififadi wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:15 pm
N_a wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:20 pm
Fififadi wrote:
BordersDivide wrote:
Hi fififadi,

Whats your situation?
Hi,

Hi

I think I've posted my timeline in this thread, if you want full details.

I received my notice of appeal on 4th December - 15 weeks are up 18th March. When did you receive yours?
Thank you for your reply! I received mine on 15th nov 2019, thats abit unusual how i havnt had a reply what was the reason for your refusal?

ANKST
India

Post by ANKST » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:27 am

Hi,
My appeal was allowed yesterday. Thought I'd update everyone! :D

ANKST
India

Post by ANKST » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:29 am

Fififadi wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:40 pm

Hi Fififadi, yes my appeal hearing was on 12 February. The Home Office did not submit their bundle until the end. I can make a separate post with my timeline if it's helpful?

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:58 pm

ANKST wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:29 am
Fififadi wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:40 pm

Hi Fififadi, yes my appeal hearing was on 12 February. The Home Office did not submit their bundle until the end. I can make a separate post with my timeline if it's helpful?

Can u share ur timeline please

BordersDivide
Egypt

Post by BordersDivide » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:04 pm

ANKST wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:27 am
Hi,
Hi,

I missed this post somehow. I really want to congratulate you truly :D

Can you walk us through your process?

BordersDivide
Egypt

Post by BordersDivide » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:18 pm

I had my appeal hearing on 26 Feb.

The bundle was never provided prior. Home office brought it on the day.

We had video link. Home office representative had asked for this so applicant can provide their evidence. The HO rep on day didn’t see the point of this, nor did my lawyer and barrister and even the judge. Witness statements were provided which were enough. My spouse was able to “attend” virtually and included from start to finish. I had to step out when he provided his evidence.

The HO rep wasn’t as harsh as I had anticipated. The barrister had already spoken to HO rep in morning and I was made aware of what areas HO will focus on, which HO did.

I was told to wait 2 weeks for the outcome. Which I am doing now. It’s a new judge so hope he will stick to the time scale as he probably doesn’t have a back log for cases to write up.

ANKST
India

Post by ANKST » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:57 pm

BordersDivide wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:04 pm

Hi,

Hi,

Thank you so much! :D It still feels like a dream honestly!

I really really hope your appeal is allowed too!

I'm thinking of making a separate post of my whole timeline as it's quite a lengthy process and might be helpful for others going through the same thing.

RightFoot
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by RightFoot » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:43 am

ANKST wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:27 am
Hi,
Congratulations.

BordersDivide
Egypt

Post by BordersDivide » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:46 am

ANKST wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:57 pm
BordersDivide wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:04 pm

Hi,

Hi,

Thank you so much! :D It still feels like a dream honestly!

I really really hope your appeal is allowed too!

I'm thinking of making a separate post of my whole timeline as it's quite a lengthy process and might be helpful for others going through the same thing.
Oh yes please do share! Must feel like you have overcome a huge obstacle and now can finally begin to start a new chapter in your life.

ANKST
India

Post by ANKST » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:45 am

RightFoot wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:43 am

Congratulations.
Thanks!

ANKST
India

Post by ANKST » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:49 am

BordersDivide wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:46 am

Oh yes please do share! Must feel like you have overcome a huge obstacle and now can finally begin to start a new chapter in your life.
I can't even describe the feeling. I always knew my appeal was unnecessary, could have been resolved before a long time if the Home Office did not have such a big ego. The judge actually seemed a bit annoyed to preside over such a trivial appeal hearing.

Also, the decision was made exactly 2 weeks after the judge got my papers and I got to know the same day. You'll get an update soon!

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:39 am

BordersDivide wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:18 pm
I had my appeal hearing on 26 Feb.

The bundle was never provided prior. Home office brought it on the day.

We had video link. Home office representative had asked for this so applicant can provide their evidence. The HO rep on day didn’t see the point of this, nor did my lawyer and barrister and even the judge. Witness statements were provided which were enough. My spouse was able to “attend” virtually and included from start to finish. I had to step out when he provided his evidence.

The HO rep wasn’t as harsh as I had anticipated. The barrister had already spoken to HO rep in morning and I was made aware of what areas HO will focus on, which HO did.

I was told to wait 2 weeks for the outcome. Which I am doing now. It’s a new judge so hope he will stick to the time scale as he probably doesn’t have a back log for cases to write up.
Hi

I went away to see my husband. Just catching up on your timeline.

You've had your hearing which is great. Two weeks will be up soon. Fingers crossed for you! Please keep us updated.