ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension after initial 2.5 yrs uk spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

susierolaleverton
Mood:

Visa extension after initial 2.5 yrs uk spouse visa

Post by susierolaleverton » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:43 am

Hi everyone,may I ask if anyone knows what type of application form should I use to apply after I finish the initial 2.5 yrs uk spouse visa it’s just bit confusing what form should I use for extension another 2.5 yrs thanks a lot 🙏😊

Casa

Re: Visa extension after initial 2.5 yrs uk spouse visa

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:07 am

susierolaleverton wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:43 am
Hi everyone,may I ask if anyone knows what type of application form should I use to apply after I finish the initial 2.5 yrs uk spouse visa it’s just bit confusing what form should I use for extension another 2.5 yrs thanks a lot 🙏😊
FLR(M)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flrm
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

susierolaleverton
Mood:

Post by susierolaleverton » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:37 pm

Thanks a lot,I read that the IHS is double the cost which depend on how long you stay here,when I apply for initial 2.5 yrs uk spouse visa I just only paid £500 but I grant 2.5 yrs was it affecting my initial visa?or do I owe money for ISH?thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:57 pm

The IHS increase last year January. Increases are not applied retrospectively.

2.5 years ago it was £200 per year. Now it is £400 per year.

If you short paid 2.5 years ago, you would not have received a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

susierolaleverton
Mood:

Post by susierolaleverton » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:49 am

Hi everyone could anyone tell me about the requirements for 12 months payslip how much atleast should we earn because my husband is a self employed he can’t provide 12 months payslip as he is not in a book and I am only earning £14,600 a year thank a lot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:28 pm

Self employed requires substantially more evidence/documents. See section 9 in the link below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

susierolaleverton
Mood:

My visa expired soon I am applying for extension of 2.5 yrs flr(m)

Post by susierolaleverton » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:04 pm

Hi everyone,I just want to ask in advance so that we are prepared,I am goin to apply for the extension of 2 .5 yrs,my initial visa will expired on May 2021.may I know if what is the form do I need,how much cost for the visa for extension 2.5 yrs,what English test do I need and how long is my visa before I have to apply for extension,I’m working as a carer my husband is self employed how much do we need to meet for financial requirements?I am also 3 weeks pregnant my husband is British citizen I am Filipina,May I also know all of the requirements that the uk immigration needs for me as an applicant.i know I have a lot of questions I just don’t want to failed as I am become a mother soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:09 pm

This was all advised already in February when you asked. The advice doesn't change.

Form FLR M, 2.5 year extension. You should apply shortly before your visa expires, usually within 28 days before you reach 30 months residnece counted from the date you entered the UK on a spouse visa (not fiance visa).

Current fees are £1033 visa fee and £1000 IHS fee. IHS is increasing in October.

English A2 from a home office approved test provider.

£18,600pa financial requirment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

susierolaleverton
Mood:

Post by susierolaleverton » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:09 am

Thank you so much for your response,how about me being pregnant does it affect me through the procesessing ?and how long is the A2 test valid?can I take test in advance?thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:18 am

how about me being pregnant does it affect me through the procesessing ?
Your pregnancy is irrelevant to your extension. Unclear why you believe it has an effect.
and how long is the A2 test valid?can I take test in advance?thanks.
English tests are valid for 2 years.

For the financial requirement, specifically if you are using your spouse self employment, I suggest you read Appendix 1.7, section 9 and see the extensive documentation required for self employed, Section 9 in the link below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)

susierolaleverton
Mood:

Post by susierolaleverton » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:28 am

Can we able to add up together our pay slip unable to have 18,600 for the financial requirements was it possible?I’m working by contract I don’t know yet how much I earned a yr.my husband is self employed.thank you

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:06 am

susierolaleverton wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:28 am
Can we able to add up together our pay slip unable to have 18,600 for the financial requirements was it possible?I’m working by contract I don’t know yet how much I earned a yr.my husband is self employed.thank you
Yes, but only the amount of your income that falls within your husband's financial year and is still a source of income at the date of application. I would have to echo previous comments that you have a read of the guidance document provided as it sets out all of the requirements for this.
9.3.7. Where a couple are using their joint income to meet the financial requirement, all of this income must fall within the financial year(s) being relied on and must still be a source of income at the time of application. For example, if the applicant is in the UK with permission to work, to combine their salaried employment income with their partner’s self-employment income, they must provide evidence of the income received from this salaried employment during their self-employed partner’s relevant financial year(s) and evidence of ongoing employment at the date of application.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

susierolaleverton
Mood:

Post by susierolaleverton » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Than you so much that is really help us through the processing Godbless.

susierolaleverton
Mood:

Post by susierolaleverton » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:32 pm

Hello good afternoon,I’m planning to apply for my A2 English test in advance as I’m 5 weeks pregnant while my tummy not getting big,my visa expires on March 2021 and the English valid up to 2 yrs.mag I know what A2 test should I book? I’m a bit confused what I’m I getting there is call Esol entry 2 A2 and other one is IELTS A2 test are they the same?im planning to get just in Birmingham area as it’s closed to us.thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:38 pm

ESOL is no longer accepted, since November 2015.

You must do a test on HOs approved test provider list, link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
Char (CR001 not Casa)

susierolaleverton
Mood:

Post by susierolaleverton » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:03 pm

Hello I just want to ask I’m married to a British National,I’m Filipina and I am goin to apply soon for the extension to stay for another 2.5 yrs in the uk I was currently 13 weeks pregnant for my first child ,my question is was my child is already a British citizen or not?thank a lot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:08 pm

Your child will be British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

susierolaleverton
Mood:

Post by susierolaleverton » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:09 pm

And is there any test center in Birmingham?that is for my English test A2 thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:11 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

susierolaleverton
Mood:

Post by susierolaleverton » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:27 pm

Thank you for the quick response I did open the link and see the places of approved test center I noticed there is different test language for A2 there is GESE Grade 3,there is Esol self A2,& there is IELTS life skills A2 speaking and listening what should I get from the 3 ?thank you it’s just confusing

susierolaleverton
Mood:

Post by susierolaleverton » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:32 pm

Sorry for many question added to my question is there is 2 different payment here the first one is IELTS for uk visas and immigration fee and the other one is EILTS for life skills fee.thank you

susierolaleverton
Mood:

Post by susierolaleverton » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:07 pm

Hi I’m just worried because I’m supposed to booked in advance for my A2 English test in Birmingham because it was closed to our place but I googled the school in Birmingham where the test will be held it says temporarily closed due to covid.was it closed for the student or even accepting people taking test like me for A2 test.thank you.😔

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:53 pm

Choose IELTS life skills A2. Alternatively, if you have at least an overseas bachelor degree then may choose NARIC assessment instead which will cost you same.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

susierolaleverton
Mood:

Post by susierolaleverton » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:40 pm

Good evening,is anybody can help me what I need to do because I lost my biometric card I was goin to apply for extension on a March 2021 and my biometric is lost can you give me some suggestion I don’t know what to do now thanks also 😭😭😭

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:47 pm

susierolaleverton wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:40 pm
Good evening,is anybody can help me what I need to do because I lost my biometric card I was goin to apply for extension on a March 2021 and my biometric is lost can you give me some suggestion I don’t know what to do now thanks also 😭😭😭
Can you search the forum for how to get replacement, this treated a lot of times.