ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite to Remain application date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gmanlondon
Newly Registered

Indefinite to Remain application date

Post by gmanlondon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:20 am

Hi
I am confused about when my wife's spouse visa expires and therefore when she can apply for indefinite leave to remain. I am very worried as the below dates don't add up to 60 months.

The first biometric residence permit was issued on 07/02/2015 and expired on 07/08/2017
The second biometric residence permit was issued on 31/08/2017 and expires on 28/03/2020

Can anyone confirm that the expiry date on the current biometric residence permit is ok and that my wife can apply 28 days before 28/03/2020?

Regards
G

choc_mouse
Japan

Re: Indefinite to Remain application date

Post by choc_mouse » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:34 am

I think the BRP issue date is simply the date the card was printed, not when your visa status started. They seem to add extra time to some visas so it won't end exactly at 60 months and it's to your benefit. I think we had 2 months extra.

I also assume your wife was in the UK on or before 07/02/2015? Then she has already satisfied the 5 year qualifying period and she can apply for ILR right now.

For sure, you must have paid for the online application before 28/03/2020, with the biometrics having to be within 2 months of online application. Don't wait until the expiry date!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:48 pm

ILR qualifying period under SET(M) starts from first date of entry to the UK. You must count 5 years from that date minus 28 days. That is the date you can apply for ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gmanlondon
Newly Registered

Post by gmanlondon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:29 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. My wife will apply before 28/03/2020, maybe in early March.