ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:34 pm

Application Date: Jan 2017
Approval received: 27th Jan 2020
Submitted €950 + photographs+GNIB card
All the best everyone

alhakeem
Ireland

Post by alhakeem » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:59 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:34 pm
All the best everyone
Congratulations!Exactly 3 years.

alhakeem
Ireland

Post by alhakeem » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:00 pm

alhakeem wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:59 pm
CalvinKlien wrote:
All the best everyone
Congratulations!Exactly 3 years.When is the letter dated.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:38 pm

24th Jan

pissedoffbyinis
Pakistan

Post by pissedoffbyinis » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:07 am

Hey guys,... some good news here too.

Got the approval letter finally after circa 3 years.
Applied in April 2017, got second stage letter in Feb 2018 and approval letter now.

Gonna submit fee + photos today.
Best of luck to all others waiting... seems like they are cleaning some backlog now.

alhakeem
Ireland

Post by alhakeem » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:26 am

pissedoffbyinis wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:07 am
Hey guys,... some good news here too.

Got the approval letter finally after circa 3 years.
Applied in April 2017, got second stage letter in Feb 2018 and approval letter now.

Gonna submit fee + photos today.
Best of luck to all others waiting... seems like they are cleaning some backlog now.
Congratulations, I hope so, wating for a long time is not just a wait.It disturbs plans

Motumber
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Motumber » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:16 pm

What's the story rory?

I've just received my approval today in the post as well:

Application Date: December, 2017
Second Letter & Passports: January, 2018
-------Loooong Wait---------
Approval received: 28th Jan 2020 (dated 24th of Jan)

Good Luck everyone.

danielmensah
Ghana

Post by danielmensah » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:04 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:
All the best everyone
Happy to hear this good news.
Congrats. :D :D

danielmensah
Ghana

Post by danielmensah » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Congrats everyone and thanks for sharing the good news.
Hopefully I get mine too.
I applied in Dec. 2017.
Stay blessed guys. At least good news has uplifted my spirit.
Cheers. :lol: :lol:

lucidj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by lucidj » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:47 am

Can anyone please tell me why some people wait 3 years to get approved? I am about to apply as well and would prefer not to wait Al that time as I already had to wait for 17 months only for my stamp 4 based on married to Irish National

Motumber
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Motumber » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:35 pm

>>>Can anyone please tell me why some people wait 3 years to get approved? I am about to apply as well and would prefer not to wait Al that time as I already had to wait for 17 months only for my stamp 4 based on married to Irish National<<<
-----------------------------------------------------

If you prefer not to wait just don't apply. Simple.

Citizenship is an honor, in the USA it takes 20 Years for you to become a citizen. You'll need to wait, it's the system, not happy? Just don't apply and stay with your own visa status. Why you're in a hurry to become a citizen? Are you ina hurry to vote? Otherwise, stay up to date with your status on INIS.

Lads, life is too short for you to wait for something you CAN'T control, go and enjoy your family and friends while life takes care of the rest.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:07 pm

Motumber wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:35 pm
>>>Can anyone please tell me why some people wait 3 years to get approved? I am about to apply as well and would prefer not to wait Al that time as I already had to wait for 17 months only for my stamp 4 based on married to Irish National<<<

Citizenship is an honor, in the USA it takes 20 Years for you to become a citizen. You'll need to wait, it's the system, not happy? Just don't apply and stay with your own visa status. Why you're in a hurry to become a citizen? Are you ina hurry to vote? Otherwise, stay up to date with your status on INIS.

Lads, life is too short for you to wait for something you CAN'T control, go and enjoy your family and friends while life takes care of the rest.
He applied citizenship in Ireland not in USA.
So at least use example with sense.
Inis says it self straight forward applications take up to 6 month.
Citizenship act 1956 give Minster of Justice absolute power to make decision but same act doesn't give him any power to delay any citizenship application on name of any stupid excuse.

Citizenship is privilege for some countries citizen and for some countries citizen its punishment.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

Motumber
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Motumber » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:21 pm

Finepaddy wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:07 pm
Motumber wrote:

Citizenship act 1956 give Minster of Justice absolute power to make decision but same act doesn't give him any power to delay any citizenship application on name of any stupid excuse.

Citizenship is privilege for some countries citizen and for some countries citizen its punishment.
So At lEaSt uSe ExAmpLE wITh sEnSe

Life is like that, delays happen, sometimes the sun is there for some, but not for you yet. You need to adapt and learn to wait. Life isn't a fairy tale world, it's a tough place to be, babies were supposed to come to this world in 9 months, but some come at 7 months, 6 months, some never come... That's life.

INIS is experiencing some delays, what are you going to do? Spend money with lawyers? That's your choice...

You can also wait... wait because what is yours will come, be patient. They had a huge issue with the court ruling, the public sector is like that.

Believe in yourself and trust the time, because what is yours will come, soon... just believe.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:28 pm

Motumber wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:21 pm
Finepaddy wrote:
Motumber wrote:

Life is like that, delays happen, sometimes the sun is there for some, but not for you yet. You need to adapt and learn to wait. Life isn't a fairy tale world, it's a tough place to be, babies were supposed to come to this world in 9 months, but some come at 7 months, 6 months, some never come... That's life.

INIS is experiencing some delays, what are you going to do? Spend money with lawyers? That's your choice...

You can also wait... wait because what is yours will come, be patient. They had a huge issue with the court ruling, the public sector is like that.

Believe in yourself and trust the time, because what is yours will come, soon... just believe.
U know u have u r own cokoland to live. Can u stick around here with people for while so at least they can enjoy u r philosophy.

danielmensah
Ghana

Post by danielmensah » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:03 pm

Finepaddy wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:28 pm
Motumber wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:21 pm
Finepaddy wrote:
Motumber wrote:

U know u have u r own cokoland to live. Can u stick around here with people for while so at least they can enjoy u r philosophy.
All I can say here is "PATIENCE" has different meaning to some people.
So one has to stick to his own meaning of the word patience.
My belief is whatever you dont have control over, you let it be.
Life is so short to be missed so enjoy every moment. :lol: :lol:

lucidj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by lucidj » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:27 pm

Motumber wrote:

I did not ask for your pathetic life advice, I made a technical question, if you can't answer, put yourself in your own place and go to educate your children, not me. Xx

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by markem » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:59 pm

lucidj wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:47 am
Can anyone please tell me why some people wait 3 years to get approved? I am about to apply as well and would prefer not to wait Al that time as I already had to wait for 17 months only for my stamp 4 based on married to Irish National
I'll try to answer your question. There are not many people that wait so long to get approved.
Every so often, there are Oireachtas questions about this so you can see how many are waiting. At the end of 2018, there were 200 waiting from 2015 (out of nearly 13,000 applications) according to this link.

I've tracked nearly 350 approvals, and the time to approve is shown in this chart. 50% of those applications were approved within 300 days. 76% within 450 days.

But why are there some that take so long? I would say it's a combination of:
  • Applicant hasn't provided all the information needed
  • Conflicting information is found and has to be resolved
  • INIS is trying to access records from foreign governments which are slow to respond
  • The applicant's eligibility is marginal - judgement calls have to be made
  • Other applications rise to the top of the pile because they are easier
  • INIS makes a mistake - loses or misinterprets information
  • ... many others I'm sure
Timeline threads here:
2020 /
2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016

SeanDub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by SeanDub » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:29 pm

Applied in September 2017, received 2nd stage letter in August 2018 and nothing since then. Whenever I contact they reply "continue to be processed", I am going for judicial review if I don't hear anything in February 2020.

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 am

SeanDub wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:29 pm
Applied in September 2017, received 2nd stage letter in August 2018 and nothing since then. Whenever I contact they reply "continue to be processed", I am going for judicial review if I don't hear anything in February 2020.
Hi - Did you send any inquiry or letters through TD or lawyer requesting status/update/decision of your application? Is yes, what was the response? I am just trying to assess what options are available to us for querying my wife's application which is pending for over 2 years as well. Thanks!

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:53 am

Few years back people got approvals through TDs letter but now they dont consider TD representation and the same way goes to solicitor.

If u threat them for Judicial review then citizenship will threat u back with cost of the case.
They did same with two my friends. They wont take u serious unless they have court hearing date.
After doing my research (solicitor friend) not single judicial review case decision available through judge.
Its mean they do settle all the cases either before court or after court. Just only for one reason if court delivered judgement on citizenship delay cases and in case it will goes against them then there will be judgement available to argue in future cases against citizenship department so that's why they settle all the judicial review beforehand.

SeanDub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by SeanDub » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:31 am

iamok wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 am
SeanDub wrote:
Hi - Did you send any inquiry or letters through TD or lawyer requesting status/update/decision of your application? Is yes, what was the response? I am just trying to assess what options are available to us for querying my wife's application which is pending for over 2 years as well. Thanks!
I have sent many letters through my solicitor and through TDs as well but unfortunately nothing changed for me, I have wasted my 15 years in this country, working in IT always paying taxes, and end of the day that's what I got, I am from Pakistan and my solicitor told me they are delaying applications from Pakistan without any explanation or without any obvious reason.

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:47 am

Finepaddy wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:53 am
Few years back people got approvals through TDs letter but now they dont consider TD representation and the same way goes to solicitor.

If u threat them for Judicial review then citizenship will threat u back with cost of the case.
They did same with two my friends. They wont take u serious unless they have court hearing date.
After doing my research (solicitor friend) not single judicial review case decision available through judge.
Its mean they do settle all the cases either before court or after court. Just only for one reason if court delivered judgement on citizenship delay cases and in case it will goes against them then there will be judgement available to argue in future cases against citizenship department so that's why they settle all the judicial review beforehand.
Thank you for your response. Very helpful context.

We queried through a TD before and even he didn't get a response back. We talked to a lawyer recently and they told us that even if a lawyer letter doesn't get a decision then at least it will get the department to look at the file which may not be in any queue at the moment. We are thinking to go with the option of lawyer's letter and see how it goes.

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:51 am

SeanDub wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:31 am
iamok wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 am
SeanDub wrote:
I have sent many letters through my solicitor and through TDs as well but unfortunately nothing changed for me, I have wasted my 15 years in this country, working in IT always paying taxes, and end of the day that's what I got, I am from Pakistan and my solicitor told me they are delaying applications from Pakistan without any explanation or without any obvious reason.
Thank you for the response. Looks like your and my circumstances are exactly similar. We have also been told the same thing as you regarding delays. Let's hope for the best.

SeanDub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by SeanDub » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:58 pm

Anyone got approval in February who applied in 2017?

Sazhar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sazhar » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:15 pm

Hi All,
Got Invitation Letter today (18th February) after getting Approval Letter on 23rd January. Its for 3rd March Ceremony, at 2.30pm.
I pray all others here get their Letters soon.
Applied in January 2017 by the way.