ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complex issue email (Need to travel)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NetsaiC
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Complex issue email (Please help)

Post by NetsaiC » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:08 pm

Hi All,

I arrive in the UK 2004 with a student visa (16 years old), i renewed it on time in 2006 and was granted until October 2009. I could not renew my visa due to major developments and i was scared to go and ask for asylum on my own, my uncle and his wife were going on December 7 2009 so i prepared my documents to go with them (10 years broken) i understand that. I was issued with temporary admission on December 7 2009 as an asylum seeker, my application was denied with room to appeal and i was reporting every week until November 2011 when it was granted, i then did my 5 years and finished them in 2016 and applied for ILR, however my husband and i had planned our wedding in South Africa, we asked the home office to expedite the application but they said it was not an emergency, we were advised to leave the country anyway and apply for a spousal visa within 28 days as this would not break my 10 year long residency. i left on December 1 2016, application was withdrawn on December 13 and New application was done on December 15 and granted on January 12. I applied got various legal advisers to look at my case and they all agreed since December 7 2009 to December 2019 i had not broken my 10 years legal stay in the UK, i applied for ILR under the 10 year root (super priority) today i got a complex case email. FYI i am a military wife and have been to Canada on Posting with my husband but all in all i have been out the country for more than 180days including the time spent on Military posting and holidays. Please advise as my anxieties are at 1million.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Complex issue email (Please help)

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:32 pm

Hello

There is no need to stress. They send this email frequently when they can't meet the deadlines :D

For complex immigration histories, it's not really good value for money to pay for any priority service as the caseworker will always check the application/history in detail even if it means going beyond the timeline you expect. You can't pay to make them rush and not perform the checks they need to perform.

Your immigration is a complex with admission as student, then temporary admission as asylum seeker, asylum denied, appeal, asylum granted... etc. This complexity is going to take time to get sorted. There is nothing you can about it. Just relax and wait for the Home Office to do the job.

NetsaiC
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by NetsaiC » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:51 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:32 pm
Hello

There is no need to stress. They send this email frequently when they can't meet the deadlines :D

For complex immigration histories, it's not really good value for money to pay for any priority service as the caseworker will always check the application/history in detail even if it means going beyond the timeline you expect. You can't pay to make them rush and not perform the checks they need to perform.

Your immigration is a complex with admission as student, then temporary admission as asylum seeker, asylum denied, appeal, asylum granted... etc. This complexity is going to take time to get sorted. There is nothing you can about it. Just relax and wait for the Home Office to do the job.
Thank you so much for responding, i suffer from PCOS which causes major anxiety hence why i had opted for a quick yes or no lol. Do you have any idea how long they normally take to deal with such cases as my Military husband has been loaned to a different country for 6 months and i planned to visit him. My spousal visa is still valid until 2022 would you recommend i travel with that for now? also i received the email from the case worker, should i email him back or should i just wait?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:51 pm

You should not leave the UK as your application will be considered withdrawn. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:52 pm

- Don't travel

- No need to respond to the caseworker but monitor your emails in case they ask for something and only then respond

NetsaiC
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Complex issue email (Need to travel)

Post by NetsaiC » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:51 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask for some advise. I applied for ILR Super priority however the following day after my biometric appointment i received a exceptionally complex issues email from someone who i thought was the case worker. i replied to them and asked them when they think they would have finished with my case and they forwarded it to another case worker who told me possibly by 3 May 2020 (which is sad). I replied and informed that i had a medical appointment booked and i was hoping for a quicker decision hence why i had paid extra and also asked them if there was any way they could reach a decision quicker. I also asked them what they complex issues were and if I needed to provide any further documents, they said there is no need for further documents, it's just that my case required further case working (which i understand as per advise on this platform) however not 3 months worth of case working. Anyway i have requested the doctor who i am seeing to send a letter to confirm the appointment (which is in South Africa) and also for my GP to send me a confirmation of diagnosis. I am not sure if i should send these to the case worker or if i should wait or to also escalate the request? the case worker has not responded to ask for the date of the medical appointment or any further details.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Complex issue email (Need to travel)

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:08 pm

NetsaiC wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:51 pm
Hi all,

I just wanted to ask for some advise. I applied for ILR Super priority however the following day after my biometric appointment i received a exceptionally complex issues email from someone who i thought was the case worker. i replied to them and asked them when they think they would have finished with my case and they forwarded it to another case worker who told me possibly by 3 May 2020 (which is sad). I replied and informed that i had a medical appointment booked and i was hoping for a quicker decision hence why i had paid extra and also asked them if there was any way they could reach a decision quicker. I also asked them what they complex issues were and if I needed to provide any further documents, they said there is no need for further documents, it's just that my case required further case working (which i understand as per advise on this platform) however not 3 months worth of case working. Anyway i have requested the doctor who i am seeing to send a letter to confirm the appointment (which is in South Africa) and also for my GP to send me a confirmation of diagnosis. I am not sure if i should send these to the case worker or if i should wait or to also escalate the request? the case worker has not responded to ask for the date of the medical appointment or any further details.
The exceptionally complex letter is a common issue, usually for cases where same-day decision could not be made. From what you have described, It is possible that further verifications are required before a decision is made on your application. I don't thnk you should escalate it now. Just be patient. The date given is just an estimate, you could get a response much earlier or later. Depending on what the caseworker is looking for. Again, I will say be patient
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.