ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Ukrainian wife

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

M40uk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visa for Ukrainian wife

Post by M40uk » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:43 am

Hello,

This is my situation, I am a British citizen temporarily living in Ukraine with my Ukrainian wife. I want her to visit the U.K. with me for nine days to show her where I am from and also spend some time with my sick mother.

My wife has a job in Ukraine and a child of fifteen years (He will not be coming to visit the U.K. with us). She has no property. We want to apply for a visitor visa. We do not want or qualify for a spouse visa as I don’t meet the financial requirements. We just want to visit for nine days and return to Ukraine. Currently we have no plans to ever move to the U.K.

What advice can you give us regarding how we should go about this please?

I am considering one of two options:

My mother invites her and sponsors her (we will stay with her)

Or

I as her husband invite and sponsor her.

What are you thoughts on these two options please?

Many thanks!

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Visa for Ukrainian wife

Post by THO » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:45 pm

She will need to prove she has strong ties to return. Your mother sponsoring her will make no difference and I am not sure, but your sponsorship might just be a negative, since the HO may well consider that you are trying to get her to the UK but you do not meet the criteria for a spouse visa.

Her best chance is to show she has a job, and been given leave, and she has a son who depends on her. Write, explain why you are going to UK and that you have a life there and no intention to be in UK long term. I would not buy flights, since you do not have a visa, and explain this too.

THO

M40uk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by M40uk » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:27 pm

Thank you very much for your reply, in your humble opinion would you think there is more of a chance if myself or my mother don’t sponsor her and she proves she can support herself on a visit then?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:49 pm

Yes, that is my opinion from personal experience. Your and your mother's word mean nothing to the HO.

M40uk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by M40uk » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:20 pm

The only thing is we want to stay at my mothers home, so wouldn’t we need a letter saying we can stay there from her?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:29 pm

I have removed your other topic you started.

Members are not permitted to post names and details of solicitors or visa agents on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

M40uk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by M40uk » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:44 pm

Ok fair enough, my apologies, I didn’t realise that.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:49 am

In your covering letter, stating where you will stay, and a letter from her confirming where you will stay will not hurt at all. However, her saying she will make sure you return and be responsible for your actions while you are here has no weight, since the HO want strong evidence you will be returning, and that is not any evidence at all.

almostdrained
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by almostdrained » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:27 pm

Hi
I can't see any problem with you getting a visitor visa. I'm English and was living in Vietnam at the time.My mum just sent an invitation letter saying that she would house and feed us. A copy of her house deeds (but maybe a tenancy agreement is OK too) then some money in yours or her account to show you can afford the trip. Maybe a return plane ticket.I think I just said she's a teacher and must return to look after her kids and work. They gave us one no problem. 3 now to date.

M40uk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by M40uk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:34 pm

almostdrained wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:27 pm
Hi
I can't see any problem with you getting a visitor visa. I'm English and was living in Vietnam at the time.My mum just sent an invitation letter saying that she would house and feed us. A copy of her house deeds (but maybe a tenancy agreement is OK too) then some money in yours or her account to show you can afford the trip. Maybe a return plane ticket.I think I just said she's a teacher and must return to look after her kids and work. They gave us one no problem. 3 now to date.
Hi, thanks for your reply, did you also show with proof that you were currently living in Vietnam? I just wondered if that also helped your case. Can I also ask how long ago that was roughly?