ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application,

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mohammed79
Newly Registered

ILR application,

Post by Mohammed79 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:44 am

I need an advice if someone can guid me regarding my ILR Case.

Visas
Student 01-01-2009 -13-04-2011
( then I stayed in the UK for 8 months due to the war in my home country, left the UK on 23/12/2011. I went to Croydon before the expiration of my visa to discuss any possibilities to stay legal in the UK at that time. They told me you can apply for asylum or you can report to Allocated police station and you can stay until thing settle in your home country. I still have the letter and the registered forms of police reports. I also have the tenancy agreement and my kids GP appointment and vaccination date in Aug and Nov 2011).

Student 04-03-2012 -31-07-2017
Tier 4 01/04/2017- 01-04-2017
Family long life visa 15/04/2018 until 28-06-2021

Based on this information. Do you think it is worth a try to apply for ILR ( because the overstay in 2011 was due to unavoidable reason).

Your response is very much appreciated

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR application,

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:46 pm

That is not how immigration rules work and I believe the advice given to you was incorrect. You should have applied for FLR(O) before visa expiry in 2011 and you could have been granted temporary leave to stay without overstaying. Your overstaying cannot be disregard under SET(LR). I suggest to aim for ILR under family route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice