ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kali89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Morocco

Spouse Visa Extension

Post by Kali89 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:46 pm

Hi all
I’m on spouse visa and in need of experts help please. Thank you in advance.

I entered England on : 23/12/2017
BRP Date of issue : 12/12/2017
My BRP expires on : 13/09/2020

I would like to know which month I should apply for my BRP extension please ? is August the right time ?
What are the requirements ? I wasn’t aware of this but Most of things and documents are on my wife’s name ? is this causing a problem ? I only have Bank account- NI number letter - council tax joint names - work letters address!

Do I need to submit the whole 2,9 months proof of address or only 2 years ?

Do I need original documents while submitting?
Is it worth it paying the Superpriorty because I want to travel end of September?

I passed an Academic IELTS on 16/11/2019 with a band score 6.0 ( B2 ) is it Enough as language proof or there’s a specific one to pass ?

Thank you so much

geoeng
Canada

Re: Spouse Visa Extension

Post by geoeng » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:16 am

Kali89 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:46 pm
I entered England on : 23/12/2017
BRP Date of issue : 12/12/2017
My BRP expires on : 13/09/2020

I would like to know which month I should apply for my BRP extension please ?
You shouldn't apply earlier than 28 days before reaching 30 months residence in the UK as this would lead to a shortfall in the required residence time in the UK for ILR without submitting unnecessary additional applications. You must apply before your current BRP expires. So you would be looking to apply sometime between the end of May 2020 and 13 September 2020.
Kali89 wrote:
What are the requirements ?
Predominantly the sames as the previous application: financial requirement, English language requirement, adequate accommodation, proof of cohabitation, etc.
Kali89 wrote:
I wasn’t aware of this but Most of things and documents are on my wife’s name ? is this causing a problem ? I only have Bank account- NI number letter - council tax joint names - work letters address!

Do I need to submit the whole 2,9 months proof of address or only 2 years ?
You need to submit evidence of cohabitation covering the previous 2 years prior to the application date roughly spread evenly over the period. You need 6 items of correspondence addressed to you jointly from at least 3 different sources or you can replace an item of joint correspondence with two items addressed to each of you individually (in this case 12 items total would be required - 6 each).
Kali89 wrote:
Do I need original documents while submitting?
Applications for FLR(M) are completed and submitted online, supporting documents are scanned and uploaded online; nothing is physically submitted/sent.
Kali89 wrote:
Is it worth it paying the Superpriorty because I want to travel end of September?
Applications submitted in the UK are supposed to by processed within 8 weeks of the application date, but this is not guaranteed. So it really depends on when you apply.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Kali89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Morocco

Post by Kali89 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:41 pm

Hey Again,
Thank you so much for your reply.
So if I got you right. They key is applying between 30 to 33 months and the documents are more or less the same as the first application 👍 and all done online ( scanned )!
The payment as well online.
My last three question please :
I have an Academic IELTS with 6.0 band score (B2) is it acceptable or appropriate for this sort of visas as well ?
I want to use super priority - is it really in two days or five days or can be really long?
Within those 8 weeks of waiting (can be less)- I basically can’t work ? Until I get my new BRP.
Thank you

clareR
Newly Registered

Post by clareR » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:58 pm

Kali89 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:41 pm

I want to use super priority - is it really in two days or five days or can be really long?
My husband did his spouse visa extension last week after living here 2.5yrs. We used the super priority service. It was a straight forward case. This is the time line.

Tues Feb 4.. Submitted application and documents online. Given choices of biometric appointments and chose one that suited us.

Friday Feb 6th 9am...biometrics appointment.

Friday 6th February 1pm.. Email received saying extension was granted.

Tues 11th Feb received new BRP in post.

For us the extra we saved to pay for priority service was worth every penny, as the waiting would have been awful. Our case was straight forward, I have read of it taking longer, but our experience was that we got it all done and dusted in a week.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:47 pm

Kali89 wrote:
:
I have an Academic IELTS with 6.0 band score (B2) is it acceptable or appropriate for this sort of visas as well ?
Only if it has UKVI unique ref number.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:04 am

Kali89 wrote:
Within those 8 weeks of waiting (can be less)- I basically can’t work ? Until I get my new BRP.
You can still work and do anything else you were able to do before you submitted the application (except leave the country). If you have made a valid, in-time application, your existing leave is extended under Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 while the application and any appeals/administrative reviews are processed.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Kali89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Morocco

Post by Kali89 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:16 pm

Hello
Thank you all for your incredible help.
This whole process is killing me already 😆
Wish me luck.
I read there’s still loads of process after all this again..
So can someone explain a bit more please.
After Leave to enter(2,9) comes leave to remain(2,5) then ILR or naturalisation or whatever it is again - citizenship!!?
Naturalisation on 3 years ( if you married to British citizen ) but one of the requirement is to have permanent residency or ILR which 5 years stay!!?? I didn’t get it.
Thank you 🙏

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:25 pm

Kali89 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:16 pm
Hello
Thank you all for your incredible help.
This whole process is killing me already 😆
Wish me luck.
I read there’s still loads of process after all this again..
So can someone explain a bit more please.
After Leave to enter(2,9) comes leave to remain(2,5) then ILR or naturalisation or whatever it is again - citizenship!!?
Naturalisation on 3 years ( if you married to British citizen ) but one of the requirement is to have permanent residency or ILR which 5 years stay!!?? I didn’t get it.
Thank you 🙏
https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-spouse
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Kali89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Morocco

Post by Kali89 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:23 am

Hi all
Thank you so much for your help.
I really appreciate it.
Kali