ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retained rights

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

R1984
Newly Registered
Spain

Retained rights

Post by R1984 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:23 am

Hi,
I stayed in this country since 2006 (UK student visa) and 2011 I have applied for dependant of a EE national and got the visa in 2013. 2 years fighting with home office then court accepted my application which was 5 year visa (civil partnership until 2018).

2018 I applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years long resident of the country. I couldn’t go with 5 year EE route because of some personal issues with my partner. Still I could prove my partner was seeking treaty rights. I had his employment history from the HMRC.

Home office rejected the application and court rejected too after my appeal on the ground of new law called “ Aybangbee” (which says my 10 year continues stay is broken on 2011 to 2013 thats 2 year gap) now I have made a new application for retained rights of a EE family member. Its been 2 month they havent taken the application fee.

I am still confused with my application dont know I am eligible for it!
I am not married to my partner and we are separated now.
Any one in similar situation? Or any one know more about it? Please share

secret.simon

Re: Retained rights

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:27 am

When and where did you enter the civil partnership? When and where did you get divorced? What are your nationalities and those of your former civil partner?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

R1984
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by R1984 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:27 am

Im from India and my partner is spanish national.
We made the application on 2011 and court agreed after the appeal and obtained visa on 2013. As we are not married or divorced. But ended the relationship by 2017 but its not officially declared
Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:53 pm

Are you a civil partner (equivalent to a spouse; there would likely have been a ceremony in a registrar's office) of the Spanish national? Or are you a durable partner (you've lived together, but are neither married nor civil partnered)? The rules about the two are quite different.

If you are a civil partner, what was the date of the civil partnership ceremony? Was it before or after your Tier 4 visa had expired?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.