ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First child passport after ROA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uk7591
Pakistan

First British passport after Right to abode

Post by uk7591 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:48 am

Dear members, I am looking your advice regarding first child British passport after arriving in the uk on right to abode sticker.
After completing the online application, HMPO only asked to send Child’s non British passport ( which is used to travel to uk) and Child’s birth certificate along with 1 parents naturalisation certificate? And that’s all.
I am wondering that is this enough documents?
Or I am missing other documents such as parents marriage certificate, parents passports etc?

Amber
Mood:

Re: First British passport after Right to abode

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Yes, you’re British otherwise than by descent and assuming the child was born after you naturalised, the child is British (by descent if born abroad).

Please see the guide (click) for required documents.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

uk7591
Pakistan

Re: First British passport after Right to abode

Post by uk7591 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:44 am

Its over three weeks now but no update from hmpo
I spoke with the operator over the phone and he told me that passport application is currently under checks and they are unable to give any time.
I also wrote a complaint on hmpo contact form but same result.
Any one knows how long hmpo takes to issue a first child passport after arriving in the uk on right to abode sticker?

uk7591
Pakistan

First child passport after ROA

Post by uk7591 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:51 pm

Dear members,I applied my daughter’s first British passport after my child arrived in the UK on Right to abode sticker.
After over a month HMPO asked me a bundle of documents which I am collecting now for submission.
HMPO also asked a confirmation of the date when child was arrived in the UK. I submitted my child's foreign passport but at the time of arrival at Heathrow terminal 4, the immigration officer did not endorsed a entry stamp and told me that this child is not in immigration control so no stamp is required in her passport.
Now i am looking a law or link which can say that child with right to abode is exempt from uk entry stamp.
Please let me know if any one share the link or law regarding uk border entry immigration stamps.
Thanks

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: First child passport after ROA

Post by Richard W » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:32 pm

Wikipedia records that her passport would not have been stamped on arrival.

uk7591
Pakistan

Post by uk7591 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:53 pm

Richard W wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:32 pm
Wikipedia records that her passport would not have been stamped on arrival.

Thanks for your reply.
This must be also on gov.uk website
I am looking this from gov.uk so ill print and send to Hmpo.
Please let me know if you search this on home office website
Many thanks

uk7591
Pakistan

HMPO asked prenatal record

Post by uk7591 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:05 am

Dear members
My child travelled to uk on right to abode sticker which was issued on overseas passport and I applied her first British passport but received a long list of documents from HMPO, such as
. Full medical scan record till birth etc etc( sadly we binned these papers)
. Parents passports at the time of conception( we have)
. Pictures of the child from birth to date (we have)
.hospital birth certificate (I have)
.hospital admission or discharge record ( I have)
. Passports of parents on which they first arrived in the UK (we have)
I have all documents except prenatal and medical scan records before the birth of the child as we bin this record before moving to uk. We never thought that these medical records are so important.
Now please let me know what options I have?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:44 am

If the hospital still have the Full medical scan records till birth, then ask the HMPO to pay for getting these records.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

uk7591
Pakistan

Post by uk7591 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:07 am

Finally received a child first passport today without any problem.
I wrote a letter to hmpo, in response to hmpo letter in which they asked a bundle of documents.
In my letter I, attached a passport application form which i took from post office and explained that according to your requirements as per your form I already submitted child’s full birth certificate and one parents Naturalisation certificate and a passport on which the child traveled to UK.
I asked hmpo that, by error your department is considering my child’s application as an overseas passport application, and asked me a documents which are not a requirement for those British citizens who are applying from the uk.
I also asked to hmpo to please correct the things and consider my child’s application on a right way according to your policy and requirements as mentioned in your form which is attached with this letter.
I also asked that why hmpo discriminate my child who is present in the uk and home office confirmed that this child is a British citizen and issued her a sticker which is clearly state section 2(1)(a).
And now A department Hmpo who is working under the home office is discriminating a British child who is living with the British parent in the uk and asking a documents which hmpo not asking to all in country passport applications for a British child who are living in the uk with British parents.

The letter which I wrote to hmpo, I also wrote to prime ministers office as well as a complaint, and received a brief and satisfactory reply.

I received a child’s passport but did not received any explanation from hmpo regarding discrimination?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:01 am

I don't see any discrimination. HMPO are merely following due process due to many applicants applying for children in the past who are not their children biologically and claiming the child is theirs. HMPO needed to be sure your circumstances are as claimed so as not to issue a passport to someone who doesn't qualify.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.