ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:38 am

lleksi wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:00 am
Hi all,
We are EU family, I have nearly sorted out our application and ready to pay, just would like to clarify some doubts under the section (Immigration details- Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or aboard?)
1. Do I need to reveal the details about application for Registration Certificate, the blue one; I did apply for back in 2011
2. Do I need to reveal an application for Settlement status which has been granted last January?

Could anyone help please!

Thanks!
Yes to 1+2.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mmsa
Mood:

Post by mmsa » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:16 am

lleksi wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:00 am
Hi all,
We are EU family, I have nearly sorted out our application and ready to pay, just would like to clarify some doubts under the section (Immigration details- Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or aboard?)
1. Do I need to reveal the details about application for Registration Certificate, the blue one; I did apply for back in 2011
2. Do I need to reveal an application for Settlement status which has been granted last January?

Could anyone help please!

Thanks!

Yes and yes

lleksi
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by lleksi » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:10 am

Hi all,

Thank you for replay
Could yoy please help me;
Under the sectionsection (Biometric residence permits details:
Are you able to provide a biometric residence permit (BRP)card with this application?)
My wife holds Biometric Residence Card of a Family Member of Union Citizen
Does the answer should be yes or no

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:09 am

lleksi wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:10 am
Hi all,

Thank you for replay
Could yoy please help me;
Under the sectionsection (Biometric residence permits details:
Are you able to provide a biometric residence permit (BRP)card with this application?)
Does the answer should be yes or no

Thanks!
Wife should declare and submit the BRP card copy.
If you don't have one select "No".
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

lleksi
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by lleksi » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:21 pm

Thank you for reply
My doubt is;
Does the Biometric Residence Card is the same as Biometric Residence permit

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:27 pm

lleksi wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:21 pm
Thank you for reply
My doubt is;
Does the Biometric Residence Card is the same as Biometric Residence permit

Thanks!
I think it's the same. Do you have a "Biometric Residence permit"? Does it say "permanent"?

lleksi
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by lleksi » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:39 pm

"Residence Card"

Thanks!
Last edited by lleksi on Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:42 pm

lleksi wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:39 pm

Thanks!
Does she hold a document certifying permanent residence? It must state this clearly otherwise it is simply a residence card, which is not the same. She needs PR and the card that says this before she can apply for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lleksi
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by lleksi » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:53 pm

Thanks
She holds Settlement status under EU Settlement Scheme and also she holds
Biometric Residence Card

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 pm

lleksi wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:53 pm
Thanks
She holds Settlement status under EU Settlement Scheme and also she holds
Biometric Residence Card
It would be useful and beneficial if you continued your questions in your existing topic rather than this general one where posts tend to get kissed and lost.

british-citizenship/bc-application-for- ... l#p1867023
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lleksi
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by lleksi » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:58 pm

Sorry!

ssamara
Newly Registered

Post by ssamara » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:39 pm

magicsign wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:51 am
Evidence of national insurance contributions covering the relevant period :
Pay slips,p60s,letter or letters from your employer or employers confirming you have worked in their employment including start and finish dates.
Can anyone tell me if this is still a requirement please? We're filling out my wife's naturalisation application on-line, and the Documents section does not list this. The AN Guidance booklet makes no mention either, but does state
Among the duties and obligations which you are expected to fulfil is payment of
income tax and National Insurance contributions. We may ask H.M. Revenue &
Customs for confirmation that your tax and National Insurance affairs are in order.
which is fine by us, it's just that we're not too keen to go hunting for 6+ years worth of payslips etc if we don't have to.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:08 pm

ssamara wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:39 pm
magicsign wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:51 am
Evidence of national insurance contributions covering the relevant period :
Pay slips,p60s,letter or letters from your employer or employers confirming you have worked in their employment including start and finish dates.
Can anyone tell me if this is still a requirement please? We're filling out my wife's naturalisation application on-line, and the Documents section does not list this. The AN Guidance booklet makes no mention either, but does state
Among the duties and obligations which you are expected to fulfil is payment of
income tax and National Insurance contributions. We may ask H.M. Revenue &
Customs for confirmation that your tax and National Insurance affairs are in order.
which is fine by us, it's just that we're not too keen to go hunting for 6+ years worth of payslips etc if we don't have to.
Not required for those who came through the UK immigration route. Required for EU nationals and their EEA route family.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ssamara
Newly Registered

Post by ssamara » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:08 pm
Not required for those who came through the UK immigration route. Required for EU nationals and their EEA route family.
Thank you.

neels111
Mood:
India

Post by neels111 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:16 am

Hi ,

Apologies if this is duplicate post, as need help on one of question in Form AN.

In form AN there is question -
--------------------------------------------

EEA National
Are you either:

-- An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document
-- A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card

---------------------------------------
I am applying for my wife british naturalisation ( she is currently Indian citizen) and she got ILR in May 2018 based on 5 years continuous residence as dependent of Tier1 (Gen) and main application (myself) got my British Citizenship in June 2018.

Now ( today) when she is applying for naturualisation, will she be considered "Family member of British national" because of husband's British citizenship which was granted in 2018 ? I feel answer should be "YES" and when i choose YES then it ask further question -

What will you use to apply for British citizenship? (Required)

-- Permanent residence card or document
-- Indefinite leave to remain (ILR), including ILR granted under the EU Settlement Scheme

I am confuse and need advise of experts, if they can confirm my understanding is correct/wrong, that will be very helpful to complete this application.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:33 am

neels111 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:16 am
Hi ,

Apologies if this is duplicate post, as need help on one of question in Form AN.

In form AN there is question -
--------------------------------------------

EEA National
Are you either:

-- An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document
-- A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card

---------------------------------------
I am applying for my wife british naturalisation ( she is currently Indian citizen) and she got ILR in May 2018 based on 5 years continuous residence as dependent of Tier1 (Gen) and main application (myself) got my British Citizenship in June 2018.

Now ( today) when she is applying for naturualisation, will she be considered "Family member of British national" because of husband's British citizenship which was granted in 2018 ? I feel answer should be "YES" and when i choose YES then it ask further question -

What will you use to apply for British citizenship? (Required)

-- Permanent residence card or document
-- Indefinite leave to remain (ILR), including ILR granted under the EU Settlement Scheme

I am confuse and need advise of experts, if they can confirm my understanding is correct/wrong, that will be very helpful to complete this application.

Thanks in advance.
That question is for an EU citizen NON British. It doesn't apply to you. The answer is NO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

spybadshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by spybadshah » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:36 pm

I have few questions about making citizenship application using AN form.
1. My ILR was issued on 24 Apr 2019, so can I apply within 11 months or I have to wait until 24 Apr 2020 to complete the 12 months?

2. How critical is the information regarding previous HO applications, do I need to list all applications since it is common sense I would have previous applications to get to apply for citizenship?

3. How critical are the details of the employment history?

4. Will I have to print seperate forms to get referees signatures once I submit the application?

Luccyy
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Luccyy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:18 pm

Hi
I am applying for naturalisation and was wondering where I need to declare my driving offences
1.2018 SP30 speed limit 30 mph went for a course
2.2019 exceed SP70 speeed limit and got 3 points and £100 to pay - paid
Please advice as I don't know if I will need to tick the box 3.1 (YES) if I was convicted at any point ? Or (NO)? If No then where I need to mention about FPN, on page 22, where is space left?
Thank you

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:38 am

spybadshah wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:36 pm
I have few questions about making citizenship application using AN form.
1. My ILR was issued on 24 Apr 2019, so can I apply within 11 months or I have to wait until 24 Apr 2020 to complete the 12 months?

2. How critical is the information regarding previous HO applications, do I need to list all applications since it is common sense I would have previous applications to get to apply for citizenship?

3. How critical are the details of the employment history?

4. Will I have to print seperate forms to get referees signatures once I submit the application?

By law it has to be twelve months and you must not be absent for more than 90 days in the twelve months. And you must be in the country on the day of your application and that same day a year ago to qualify.

2. Mostly you would be asked about your reference number or previous application references etc, provide whatever they ask.

3. It depends on your route to settlement. If you can give more details about this it will be helpful.
4. Yes
Bizman

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:40 am

Luccyy wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:18 pm
Hi
I am applying for naturalisation and was wondering where I need to declare my driving offences
1.2018 SP30 speed limit 30 mph went for a course
2.2019 exceed SP70 speeed limit and got 3 points and £100 to pay - paid
Please advice as I don't know if I will need to tick the box 3.1 (YES) if I was convicted at any point ? Or (NO)? If No then where I need to mention about FPN, on page 22, where is space left?
Thank you
They are not convictions, you can ignore them otherwise you can just put them under other information.
Bizman

igheorghe
Newly Registered

Post by igheorghe » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Hi all,

I am applying with DCPR as EEA citizen and have to provide the following. Hope you could advise.
Passport - all good
Certificate B1 CEFR or higher - all good
Proof of nationality - is a copy of passport ok?
Proof of living in the UK - 5 or 6 years of P60 or council tax letters? For 2019/2020 the P60 is not ready so will have 10 payslips
2 referees - all good

If I scan it all on UKVAS do I still have to take it for check at biometric appt and pay extra?

Your help would be highly appreciated!

Kind regards

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:14 pm

igheorghe wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:14 pm
Hi all,

I am applying with DCPR as EEA citizen and have to provide the following. Hope you could advise.
Passport - all good
Certificate B1 CEFR or higher - all good
Proof of nationality - is a copy of passport ok? is your passport!
Proof of living in the UK - 5 or 6 years of P60 or council tax letters? For 2019/2020 the P60 is not ready so will have 10 payslips 5 years preceding your date of application - only one type of document P60 or Council tax Bill to cover five years.
2 referees - all good

If I scan it all on UKVAS do I still have to take it for check at biometric appt and pay extra? No - you just take your passport as ID and then they do biometrics. UKVCAS are a contractor for the Home Office to receive applications, documents and provide biometrics.

Your help would be highly appreciated! Have you done the LITUK test?

Kind regards

igheorghe
Newly Registered

Post by igheorghe » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:27 pm

Many thanks, alterhase58 😊
Yes, I did the LITUK. They requested the unique refference number in the online application form so I filled it. I do not have a letter or certificate for it, just the email

igheorghe
Newly Registered

Post by igheorghe » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:52 pm

Might be a silly question re. referees but I would appreciate some guidance... what should I quote as profession for the British referee (non professional one)? It is my manager who has the occupation of senior financial controller but not certified. It wouldn't be nice to ask her of profession..For the professional referee I have an ACCA accountant so I will quote accountant.
Thanks,
Jo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:04 pm

igheorghe wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:52 pm
Might be a silly question re. referees but I would appreciate some guidance... what should I quote as profession for the British referee (non professional one)? It is my manager who has the occupation of senior financial controller but not certified. It wouldn't be nice to ask her of profession..For the professional referee I have an ACCA accountant so I will quote accountant.
Thanks,
Jo
If a friend or work colleague, then simply state friend or work colleague!
Char (CR001 not Casa)