ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKM Citizenship Application - advice on supporting documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DurbanBorn
Newly Registered

UKM Citizenship Application - advice on supporting documents

Post by DurbanBorn » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:48 am

Hello

I am in the process of completing the UKM citizenship application. I have tried to find answers before posting but cannot seem to find anything recent and on point - apologies if this has been asked before (I suspect it must have been).

Before I submit the application, I see I have 20 business days to send supporting documents. I am sure the application itself will provide further express guidance once finally submitted, but I wanted to ask and ensure I have secured all the original documents before submitting.

1. Can I send certified copies of the birth certificates and other docs? I am assuming I need originals (based on other guidance on the Gov.UK site in relation to visas). My grandfather's birth certificate is obviously old, and I am worried it may be lost.

2. Where do the documents get sent to? Do we use a courier for this? I am currently based in South Africa. The postal service here is sketchy to say the least.

3. How are the documents returned to me? I am one of a number of family members who need the original documents I will be submitting.

4. The application is electronic. Is there a standard form referee form I can download to use for the two references? Or is a form provided on the application itself after submitting? In either event, must the reference be originally signed by the referees? In other words, will I need to send one of them via courier to London to get it signed, and then get it sent back to me, and then use that originally signed document to send back to wherever it needs to be sent to?

Thank you for any assistance.