ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Residence and PR - Please suggestions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mani913
Pakistan

EEA Residence and PR - Please suggestions

Post by Mani913 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Dear All

I am non EEA national with unmarried partner of EEA national . I am currently holding EEA Residence document .it was issued on 18th March 2015.
My EEA Residence document (Sticker on my passport) is ending on 18th March 2020.

Although I am aware that I have to send my PR application in March but can someone please let me know how earliest I can send this application?
Can I send 10 days before my EEA Document expires ? Or do I have to wait until the last day to count my 5 years ? I just don’t want to wait until the last day as I may loose my job If I don’t have any letter from home office regarding my application.

Please advise me on this .
Many Thanks
Mani

Mani913
Pakistan

Re: EEA Residence and PR - Please suggestions

Post by Mani913 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:27 pm

Any advise on above will be helpful?

Mani913
Pakistan

Re: PR after 5 years - Please help

Post by Mani913 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:14 pm

Mani913 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:06 pm
Dear All

I am non EEA national with unmarried partner of EEA national . I am currently holding EEA Residence document .it was issued on 18th March 2015.
My EEA Residence document (Sticker on my passport) is ending on 18th March 2020.

Although I am aware that I have to send my PR application in March but can someone please let me know how earliest I can send this application?
Can I send 10 days before my EEA Document expires ? Or do I have to wait until the last day to count my 5 years ? I just don’t want to wait until the last day as I may loose my job If I don’t have any letter from home office regarding my application.

Please advise me on this .
Many Thanks
Mani

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:53 am

Well, you could bridge the gap by applying to the EU settlement scheme now. You will need to apply again once your residence card expires so as to upgrade from pre-settled status to settled status. It will help if your partner already has settled status.

Mani913
Pakistan

Post by Mani913 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:25 am

Thanks Richard ! That’s helpful and in this way I can keep my job as I believe I can apply this online . If my partner doesn’t have Settled status but have PR card (got in 2017) will that work ? Can I still apply online ? Many Thanks

Mani913
Pakistan

Post by Mani913 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:49 pm

Hi All

I have applied for settle status and have also given my biometrics. Any idea how long home office is taking to issue settle status ?
Please share the experiences . I am non EU and applied on the basis of durable relationship.

Many Thanks
Imran