ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

Kmoney1

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Kmoney1 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:48 am

What's the length of his prison sentence

MyRights
Newly Registered

Post by MyRights » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:59 am

asadaqeel wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:32 pm
MyRights wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:44 pm
At long last settled status granted after a long wait. I was married to an EU national but was separated for so many years. In February 2019, we initiated divorce and after receiving COA caseworker called to say i must submit a copy of decree absolute which i told her i didn't have because divorce was not finalized. She told me to send it in immediately i receive it.

i eventually got it on August 28th 2019 and uploaded immediately as agreed. Since then i have been calling the resolution center every week without any good news.This morning i called them again and it was the same story that everything is okey. Your file is at the final stage and under consideration. After about 2 hours, i received my status via email. My timeline is below.

Timeline
Application online 31/03/2019
Biometric captured 31/03/2019
COA 05/04/2019
Decision (Settled status granted) 07/02/2020

Good luck guys
Hi, please can you advise how long were you separated for and what evidence did you provided them? Did yoy have her as ID ?

Many Thanks
Hello asadaqeel, we were separated for 11 years. No i didn't submit her ID because she wouldn't give it to me. i just included a note explaining with copies of email exchange.

asadaqeel
Mood:

Post by asadaqeel » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:39 pm

MyRights wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:59 am
asadaqeel wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:32 pm
MyRights wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:44 pm
At long last settled status granted after a long wait. I was married to an EU national but was separated for so many years. In February 2019, we initiated divorce and after receiving COA caseworker called to say i must submit a copy of decree absolute which i told her i didn't have because divorce was not finalized. She told me to send it in immediately i receive it.

i eventually got it on August 28th 2019 and uploaded immediately as agreed. Since then i have been calling the resolution center every week without any good news.This morning i called them again and it was the same story that everything is okey. Your file is at the final stage and under consideration. After about 2 hours, i received my status via email. My timeline is below.

Timeline
Application online 31/03/2019
Biometric captured 31/03/2019
COA 05/04/2019
Decision (Settled status granted) 07/02/2020

Good luck guys
Hi, please can you advise how long were you separated for and what evidence did you provided them? Did yoy have her as ID ?

Many Thanks
Hello asadaqeel, we were separated for 11 years. No i didn't submit her ID because she wouldn't give it to me. i just included a note explaining with copies of email exchange.
Hi mate Thanks for your quick response.

I am waiting for nearly 8 months, same standard response everytime i call them.

We were seperated Dec,2018 after 4.5 years of marrige.

No divorce proceedings yet.

Anything you consider can help me please do share.

Many Thanks
Asad

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:51 pm

Called again eu resolution centre. As two weeks earlier the representatives suggested that if you don’t hear from us in two weeks give us a call. I asked him what are the chances that i will get response in two weeks? He said i don’t know what the chances are but if i was in your shoes i would be worried if i dont get a reply in that tine frame. So thats what i did. And guess what same answer again. Its with case worker and waiting for review. Call centre simply says we are not the case worker so we cant be much helpful. Really pathetic service. God knows whats ahead of Brexit

soul101
Newly Registered

Post by soul101 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:57 pm

Kmoney1 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:48 am
What's the length of his prison sentence
2years

docado

Post by docado » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:55 pm

Hi,
A non-eu family member of mine applied and went for biometrics on same day on 28.01.2020. He holds a EEA FP for 6 months. He has not recieved COA yet. If anyone of you has experience that COA takes more than two weeks. Is it good idea to call and asking to resolution center. Thank you

carol610098938
Newly Registered
China

Post by carol610098938 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:56 pm

Good afternoon everyone,
Hope you are doing well, I would like to share my timeline and experience, hope I can get some advice and if you saw my problem and that could help you avoiding from some potential trap, that would be perfect.

I am a non eu T4 holder who have married to a eu citizen who has already got his pre-settlement. i chose "post" for my application.
finished my online application form at 22/11/2019 with my BRP.
Post my document the next day, got my confirm email showed I submitted successfully and I should post my BRP on 26/11/2019
posted my BRP in the same day, and they received 27/11/2019
got my BRP back within one week
after that it is a long time waiting, during the time with countless calls and emails to the resolution centre.
until today 13/02/2020, still no biometric appointment letter, no coa.

they told me the reason it takes so long is because I used my BRP, obviously Passport and BRC is using the different system and BRP is under passport system, but since it is very similar as BRC, BRP application in the first place will go to BRC system, and it takes time to transfer from BRC to Passport system, so as a safe card if you have both a passport and BRP card, use passport to apply if you can, it will save your time I believe based on my experience. thank you , hope you all have a good day.

kkkkoko
Newly Registered
Macedonia

Post by kkkkoko » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:16 pm

Hi
Currently on Tier 4 Visa
Applied for pre settled status as a family member of an EEA citizen with pre settles status granted. Linked my application with hers.
Biometrics 10th December 2019
Coa 11th December 2019
Pre-settled status: waiting

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:04 pm

docado wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:55 pm
Hi,
A non-eu family member of mine applied and went for biometrics on same day on 28.01.2020. He holds a EEA FP for 6 months. He has not recieved COA yet. If anyone of you has experience that COA takes more than two weeks. Is it good idea to call and asking to resolution center. Thank you
I applied on 18/01/2020 and did my biometrics on 27/01/2020.
I haven't received anything yet and have called resolution centre today and the lady I spoke to said the caseworker is going through the evidence submitted and will soon be in touch with me but can't say how long that'll take.
She asked me to confirm my email address which I did and that was it.
So let's keep our fingers crossed it might take a little time but I know the result will be positive.

docado

Post by docado » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:27 pm

eke123 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:04 pm
docado wrote:
Hi,
I haven't received anything yet and have called resolution centre today and the lady I spoke to said the caseworker is going through the evidence submitted and will soon be in touch with me but can't say how long that'll take.
So let's keep our fingers crossed it might take a little time but I know the result will be positive.
Hi Eke123,
Thank you for your reply, Lets hope for positive.

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:51 pm

docado wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:27 pm
eke123 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:04 pm
docado wrote:
Hi,
Hi Eke123,
Thank you for your reply, Lets hope for positive.
Thank you.
We're here to support each other
Hopefully we'll all be smiling very soon

lisa1933
Newly Registered

Post by lisa1933 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:36 pm

docado wrote:
Hi,
It is a quite common for COA to take a couple of weeks. No need to worry. I’d start calling if you don’t get one after a month. The HO is very busy with applications and seem to be taking quite a while now.
I’ve applied late December, got my COA mid January and expect to wait quite a bit until the final decision. I did give them a call after a bit over a month from my biometrics appointment to make sure they have everything and I have been assigned a case worker.

arden
Newly Registered

Post by arden » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:51 am

carol610098938 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:56 pm
Good afternoon everyone,
Hope you are doing well, I would like to share my timeline and experience, hope I can get some advice and if you saw my problem and that could help you avoiding from some potential trap, that would be perfect.

I am a non eu T4 holder who have married to a eu citizen who has already got his pre-settlement. i chose "post" for my application.
Post my document the next day, got my confirm email showed I submitted successfully and I should post my BRP on 26/11/2019
after that it is a long time waiting, during the time with countless calls and emails to the resolution centre.

they told me the reason it takes so long is because I used my BRP, obviously Passport and BRC is using the different system and BRP is under passport system, but since it is very similar as BRC, BRP application in the first place will go to BRC system, and it takes time to transfer from BRC to Passport system, so as a safe card if you have both a passport and BRP card, use passport to apply if you can, it will save your time I believe based on my experience. thank you , hope you all have a good day.
Hi there! Don't worry, it's frustrating but normal. My husband sent his BRP in October and we received the letter asking him to provide his biometric information only yesterday. No COA either. So I guess it's quite similar to your case, and hopefully you'll be receiving a letter soon. I was told there was an internal informatic problem retreiving data from the BRPs, so probably that's why this route has taken so much longer than others. All the best!

strawbea
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by strawbea » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:55 am

Hi I have a similar case here, I am from Hong Kong and had a T4 visa and currently T5. My EU partner has settled status.

14/10/2019 - Application submitted online
15/10/2019 - sent my passport
29/10/2019 - sent my BRP as well as they asked for it
2/1/2020 - got a letter for the biometric enrolment, biometric done on the next day in the post office
8/1/2020 - Coa
14/2/2020 - still waiting for the decision and the new biometric card

I have called many times and the answer is the same. It's with the caseworker and there is nothing else I need to provide.

This is really annoying as my current visa has just expired and I haven't got the new one :?
carol610098938 wrote:
Good afternoon everyone,

murmurka
Newly Registered

Post by murmurka » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:03 pm

lisa1933 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:36 pm
docado wrote:
Hi,
It is a quite common for COA to take a couple of weeks. No need to worry. I’d start calling if you don’t get one after a month. The HO is very busy with applications and seem to be taking quite a while now.
I’ve applied late December, got my COA mid January and expect to wait quite a bit until the final decision. I did give them a call after a bit over a month from my biometrics appointment to make sure they have everything and I have been assigned a case worker.
I made my application on the 16 January 2020, biometrics appointment on the 20 January 2020, since then no CoA, no decision, nothing.

traveller9765
Newly Registered

Post by traveller9765 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:43 pm

Just to share my timeline

After nearly 5 years, here I am again.
Non eu family member (unmarried partner) who applied for pre-settled status because not eligible for settled status until May 2020. Was issued a non biometric residence card (5 year sticker attached to my passport) in 2015. Eu partner received settled status in August 2019.

Called the eu centre and was told the evidence I need to submit with my application was only a picture of my residence card, so no further evidence was submitted.

Application submitted online: 21 January 2020 (choose to apply with my passport since I didn’t have a biometric RC)
Biometrics submitted: 30 January 2020
COA Recieved: still waiting
Pre-settled status: still waiting

Has any unmarried partners applied and what evidence did they upload or send with there application.

Just worried because not much evidence uploaded and the home office call centre staff are not very useful with their answers most times, don’t want to hold my application up if the case worker gets back to me requiring more evidence.

Ngo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cameroon

Post by Ngo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:03 pm

Hi all,
I read you all and I have come to learn a lot. I have a tier 4 visa and I got married to an EU national in December 2019, I had applied for her EU Settlement on 13th December 2019 then I applied online on February 2nd, 2020 using my BRP as I could not choose passport and I uploaded our marriage certificate only as document. I sent my BRP to the resolution centre as directed online on February 3rd, and today I have received my BRP back at 10am. Please I was wondering if I could get my biometrics done. I did not receive any mail for that. Am I on the right track with my application?
Kindly advice me.
In the event they ask for any evidence, what could I upload please?

carol610098938
Newly Registered
China

Post by carol610098938 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:44 pm

Ngo wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:03 pm
Hi all,
I read you all and I have come to learn a lot. I have a tier 4 visa and I got married to an EU national in December 2019, I had applied for her EU Settlement on 13th December 2019 then I applied online on February 2nd, 2020 using my BRP as I could not choose passport and I uploaded our marriage certificate only as document. I sent my BRP to the resolution centre as directed online on February 3rd, and today I have received my BRP back at 10am. Please I was wondering if I could get my biometrics done. I did not receive any mail for that. Am I on the right track with my application?
Kindly advice me.
I believe you have already read my experience( just a few message above) as i did, I uploaded the document that provide my relationship with my husband that’s all, and you don’t need to worry about anything, if they need anything, they will send you a email or call you, they won’t reject your case just because of lack of document, since you used BRP, you may take longer than normal to get your biometric letter, maybe a month if lucky, or a few months like me( I still haven’t got), you can’t do biometric without letter, so the only thing we can do is wait, and there is nothing you can track which step are you in your application, you can call the resolution center if you want, they will tell you if you are in the right place, I suggest call them a few time, try to talk to different people, because some of them are professional, some of them are not, compare their answers( yes, sometimes different people give different answers) I hope these will answer your questions, and have a good day.

Ngo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cameroon

Post by Ngo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Merci carol

carol610098938
Newly Registered
China

Post by carol610098938 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:05 pm

strawbea wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:55 am
Hi I have a similar case here, I am from Hong Kong and had a T4 visa and currently T5. My EU partner has settled status.

14/10/2019 - Application submitted online
15/10/2019 - sent my passport
29/10/2019 - sent my BRP as well as they asked for it
2/1/2020 - got a letter for the biometric enrolment, biometric done on the next day in the post office
8/1/2020 - Coa
14/2/2020 - still waiting for the decision and the new biometric card

I have called many times and the answer is the same. It's with the caseworker and there is nothing else I need to provide.

This is really annoying as my current visa has just expired and I haven't got the new one :?
carol610098938 wrote:
Good afternoon everyone,

thank you for your sharing, it does take longer than normal, hope you can get update soon!!!

carol610098938
Newly Registered
China

Post by carol610098938 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:07 pm

arden wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:51 am
carol610098938 wrote:
Good afternoon everyone,

Hi there! Don't worry, it's frustrating but normal. My husband sent his BRP in October and we received the letter asking him to provide his biometric information only yesterday. No COA either. So I guess it's quite similar to your case, and hopefully you'll be receiving a letter soon. I was told there was an internal informatic problem retreiving data from the BRPs, so probably that's why this route has taken so much longer than others. All the best!
thank you for your sharing, your timeline means a lot to me, I guess i feel better now and keep waiting for my biometric letter.

Maverick228
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by Maverick228 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:41 pm

NON-EU here.
Application submitted 12/02/20
Biometrics enrolled 13/02/20
COA Received 15/02/20
Quite nervous so far

Ngo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cameroon

Post by Ngo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:24 pm

Maverick228 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:41 pm
NON-EU here.
COA Received 15/02/20
Quite nervous so far
Very good to hear this. Please share your experience. Did you apply with your passport? For the Biometrics, were you charged for that?

Maverick228
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by Maverick228 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:26 pm

Ngo wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:24 pm
Maverick228 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:41 pm
NON-EU here.
COA Received 15/02/20
Quite nervous so far
Very good to hear this. Please share your experience. Did you apply with your passport? For the Biometrics, were you charged for that?
My passport and yes, it was quite expensive (next day biometrics appointment). Around 100£

lisa1933
Newly Registered

Post by lisa1933 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:47 pm

carol610098938 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:44 pm
Ngo wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:03 pm
Hi all,
Kindly advice me.
I believe you have already read my experience( just a few message above) as i did, I uploaded the document that provide my relationship with my husband that’s all, and you don’t need to worry about anything, if they need anything, they will send you a email or call you, they won’t reject your case just because of lack of document, since you used BRP, you may take longer than normal to get your biometric letter, maybe a month if lucky, or a few months like me( I still haven’t got), you can’t do biometric without letter, so the only thing we can do is wait, and there is nothing you can track which step are you in your application, you can call the resolution center if you want, they will tell you if you are in the right place, I suggest call them a few time, try to talk to different people, because some of them are professional, some of them are not, compare their answers( yes, sometimes different people give different answers) I hope these will answer your questions, and have a good day.
I’m on tier 4, recently married to an EU citizen. Applied for the settlement scheme, did biometrics without any sort of a letter (followed a link after submitting the application) and didn’t have to post my passport or BRP...

Got COA and the resolution centre tells me they have everything they need and the caseworker is about to make their decision.