ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job out of UK after submitting application for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pazol Azel
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Job out of UK after submitting application for citizenship

Post by Pazol Azel » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:55 pm

I will be able to submit my application for british naturalisation (including biometrics enrolment) at the end of April and chances are I will have a job out of the country starting in June.
Will this affect my chances of obtaining the citizenship? What if I buy a house here before I leave for the new job?

hermanthegerman
Germany

Re: Job out of UK after submitting application for citizenship

Post by hermanthegerman » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:49 pm

It depends on what you mean by "will have a job". I believe it is a requirement for citizenship that you are intend to remain in the UK in the foreseeable future.
If you take a job abroad you would be in breach of this requirement.
You can not get the correspondence sent abroad and you will need to keep a reliable mail address in the UK and return for your ceremony.
There have also been multiple people who had trouble applying for their passport from abroad as the UK passport office will flag this up and it may result in your citizenship being withdrawn at that point if you are clearly not planning to be in the UK.

You may find this post interesting: british-citizenship/future-intentions-r ... 62191.html

Theater_Dream
Newly Registered

Re: Job out of UK after submitting application for citizenship

Post by Theater_Dream » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:51 pm

Hi Pazol, did you decide to take the job abroad?