ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application - Messed with Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sivalsm
Newly Registered
India

MN1 Application - Messed with Referee

Post by sivalsm » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi,

I'm applying Naturalisation for my daughter who born in UK. She just started attending school (Since last week 8th Jan 2020)

I just mentioned my colleagues details in both referee 1 and 2
Referee 1 : Hold British Passport
Referee 2 : Hold ILR

and after i read this in referee document
==========================================================================
Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who
has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health
visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
For all applications, the second referee must normally be the holder of a British
citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

I already made payment for application and got appointment next week (24 Jan 2020)

Could you please suggest on below

1. Do I need to bring referee signature from her school teacher/GP?
2. I'm sure that I can't make changes for online application. Is it possible to write cover letter explaining Referee 1 is British passport holder and consider him as Referee 2?
3. Do I need mention my daughter travel details. She travelled to India in 2017 for almost 45 days.

Kindly help.

Thanks,
Svia
Siva

Kamana
Hong Kong

Re: MN1 Application - Messed with Referee

Post by Kamana » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi ,
Assuming you are doing MN1 application. They will not reject your application based on that, but they will request for new referee details. As the guidance says one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity and second referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport.

Just get a school teacher or GP to sign the form and in a cover letter explain it and put the new referee's details on a sperate paper as you would put in the online application.
I have done same couple of months ago and had no issues.

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:03 pm

sivalsm wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:07 pm
Hi,

I'm applying Naturalisation for my daughter who born in UK. She just started attending school (Since last week 8th Jan 2020)

I just mentioned my colleagues details in both referee 1 and 2
Referee 1 : Hold British Passport
Referee 2 : Hold ILR

and after i read this in referee document
Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who
has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health
visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
For all applications, the second referee must normally be the holder of a British
citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

I already made payment for application and got appointment next week (24 Jan 2020)

Could you please suggest on below

1. Do I need to bring referee signature from her school teacher/GP?
2. I'm sure that I can't make changes for online application. Is it possible to write cover letter explaining Referee 1 is British passport holder and consider him as Referee 2?
3. Do I need mention my daughter travel details. She travelled to India in 2017 for almost 45 days.

Kindly help.

Thanks,
Svia
Siva

Hi you dont need to do anything your application will be approved you dont need refree from school or gp and no letter required i did my daughters application and submit normal professional refrees none of them was involved with my daughter as you mentioned above and everything went smooth so dont panic and wait
Do good and get reward

D_Torque
Mood:
India

Post by D_Torque » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:27 am

Hey there,

I applied for my baby last year and got my colleague to do the reference. I did make a note about it in the section.

Nobody, including the GP, Childminders and Nursery people, were willing to share their private information. So, I just got all those communication in an email and attached it to the application.

You might not be too late to do so. Check if you can still log in and add the extra documents. Just create a doc file and upload it explaining your situation.

Lastly, they almost never reject child applications and will ask for more information if they think they need it.
They did email my colleage asking to confirm all the information. Like my baby's dob and name.

Hope this helps.

main85
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by main85 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:26 pm

hi, what did u finalized the referee then?

sivalsm
Newly Registered
India

Post by sivalsm » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:49 pm

Hi, Sorry for late response.

I visited school and requested referral form. They happily provided referral letter along with school stamp.
I wrote letter explaining referral confusion and provided 3 referral documents (2 friends and 1 from school).

Yesterday I received my daughter naturalization document. They took 1 month since I made online payment.

Thanks,
Siva