ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

unmarried partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ghazala aftab
Newly Registered

unmarried partner

Post by ghazala aftab » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:19 pm

hey i have been living with my british partner for 2 years now . I have got history of 2 years . He can’t work because he is mentally not stable and on medication and taking disable benefits . He is totally dependent on me and can’t relocate to any-other country because he is on medication . Could you please guide me which visa i should go for ???

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: unmarried partner

Post by physicskate » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:26 pm

ghazala aftab wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:19 pm
hey i have been living with my british partner for 2 years now . I have got history of 2 years . He can’t work because he is mentally not stable and on medication and taking disable benefits . He is totally dependent on me and can’t relocate to any-other country because he is on medication . Could you please guide me which visa i should go for ???
What is your current visa status?

Do you work and earn above £18,600 pa?

What benefits does your partner recieve?

ghazala aftab
Newly Registered

Post by ghazala aftab » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:43 pm

hey i don’t work because my partner is ill . I don’t have any status right now and my partners benefits will going to show after 2 days and these are disable benefits but i am not sure which category it is . He started taking these benefits from this month so they will going to appear in 2 days

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:49 am

ghazala aftab wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:43 pm
I don’t have any status right now
By this you mean you do not have any visa to stay in the UK at the moment? This will affect what visa category to apply under as well as what evidence you will have to supply in support of the application. It would also be a route of far less certainty than if you were applying either outside the UK or with existing permission to live in the UK.
ghazala aftab wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:43 pm
these are disable benefits but i am not sure which category it is.
It matters which specific benefits are received as it will again affect what requirements have to be met and the evidence that will have to be provided.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.