ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI application for baby born in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Busaxcape
Newly Registered
India

OCI application for baby born in UK

Post by Busaxcape » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:21 am

Hi I am currently processing OCI application for my baby. Both me and my wife have ILR and the baby was born after we received ILR , hence qualified for British passport. I lodged an application and the website asks for my birth certificate which we dont have . Is this a show stopper. How do we address this. Any help much appreciated.
Below is from the website.
Fresh OCI (on the basis of Parent/Grandparent/Great Grandparent’s Indian Origin)
Current Passport copy - available
Relationship Proof - available
Please upload the full version Birth Certificate, and further full version Birth Certificates of Parent and Grandparent in order to establish the link between applicant and the person of Indian Origin. - birth certificate not available.
Thanks
BX

newrat

Re: OCI application for baby born in UK

Post by newrat » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:06 pm

I've just done the same thing for my baby, also born British, to me, an Indian national. I did not need to show my birth certificate as his claim to OCI is directly through me being an Indian national. The section that you're questioning is regarding relationship proof (i.e to the family member of Indian origin). Your baby's proof will be his/her birth certificate with you named as the father and your Indian passport (assuming you still have one).

If it was the case that he/she was claiming OCI via your parents then you would need your birth certificate to bridge the gap between you.

It's pretty frustrating applying for OCI. The wording is all very poor and the information is in various places, sometimes contradictory. For example you copied text from the 'DOCUMENTS UPLOAD ON OCI APPLICATION FORM' tab. But there's a fuller list of requirements on the 'DOCUMENTS REQUIRED' tab - make sure you check that out.

They're very analogy when it comes to doing things the proper way, as I'm sure you know. A few things that caused us delays which might help you:

- Make sure the photo you upload on to their system after you've made the application is the same exact photo you attach to the physical print out fo the form.
- Make sure all photocopies of documents are on a single A4 page. If you got married in the UK you'll know that the UK marriage certificates are longer than A4. I scanned this and printed over 2 A4 pages. This wasn't accepted had to reduce the size to fit on one A4.

If you have any questions let me know.

Busaxcape
Newly Registered
India

Post by Busaxcape » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:38 pm

Hi Thank you very much for your response.
Just one question for clarity- Yes I still have my Indian passport. Is that sufficient?
Thanks

newrat

Post by newrat » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:12 pm

Busaxcape wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:38 pm
Hi Thank you very much for your response.
Just one question for clarity- Yes I still have my Indian passport. Is that sufficient?
Thanks
Yes, along with your baby's birth certificate showing you as the father.

Busaxcape
Newly Registered
India

Post by Busaxcape » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:39 pm

Hi Brilliant thank you very much for the response.
Appreciate the quick response.
Regards
BX

xebec
Australia

Post by xebec » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:40 am

Busaxcape wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:21 am
I lodged an application and the website asks for my birth certificate which we dont have . I
With changes to the citizenship law and census, it would be advisable to sort out your birth certificate when you're next in India.