ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa renewal after Main Applicant got ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sivalsm
Newly Registered
India

Dependant Visa renewal after Main Applicant got ILR

Post by sivalsm » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:53 am

Hi,

I'm posting this after going through forum and able to see many questions but I didn't find answer :D

I got my ILR in Jan 2020 (Tier 2 General).

My wife and daughter (Age 11 Born in India) hold their visa valid until April 2020. They are eligible for ILR in July 2020. I'm in process of renewing their visas.

1. Is it possible to renew their visa for 1 year rather than 3?
2. In other question somebody mentioned renewal process will be delayed...Is it so?
3. I'm able to provide my visa expiry to April 2021 in IHS website which shows IHS fee as £600, Their visa valid until 7th April 2020, Which expiry date I need to enter in IHS to get fee as £400?
4. I'll apply ILR for my wife in July 2020. I'm eligible for Naturalisation in Jan 2021. Can I apply British Citizenship for my daughter along with my Naturalisation application in Jan 2021? As she hold visa until April 2021 (After renewal), will that be OK if I apply Naturalisation in Jan 2021? If it is risky I'll pay 2 years IHS fee for my daughter to have additional visa period.
5. I'm going through standard service. For some reason if renewal is refused (Unlikely) and we get that decision after 7th April 2020, what will be implications?

Thank you so much for your help.

Siva

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependant Visa renewal after Main Applicant got ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:05 pm

1. NO, as you have already been advised. The immigration rules state it is a 3 year extension. There is no discretion on this and it is not a 'choice/option' to select a lesser time.

2. Not necessarily. It takes up to 8 weeks standard service.

3. You need IHS of £1200 per applicant. You put your expiry date as x y date 2023, three years from date of application. You cannot apply for only 1 year and 1 year IHS. You have to pay 3 years IHS. Again, it is not a choice you have. 3 years is mandatory.

4. Your daughter requires ILR before she can apply for citizenship. There is no shortcut for your child born abroad.

5. No implications.

Note, also useful to keep you repeat questions in ONE topic!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sivalsm
Newly Registered
India

Post by sivalsm » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. One last question before signing off.

I spoke to UKBA call center and they suggested to pay total 3 years IHS and whenever my wife get her ILR in july, IHS amount for rest of the period (2 years 9 months) will be refunded. I assume they deduct £200 for 6 months period. When i asked "Are you sure about it" she said to take Immigration Adviser view as well :)

Do you got any idea about it?

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:54 pm

IHS is not refunded when you apply for ILR. Note also that the call centre is outsourced to a third party agent.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
You will not get a refund if:

your visa application is successful but you do not come to the UK
you leave the UK before your visa ends, for example to make a new application
you’re told to leave the UK before your visa expires
you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain or changing to another visa where you do not need to pay the IHS
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.