ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from ICT PBS Spouse visa to General Tier 2 visa question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

muniyal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

IHS for Tier 2 General Visa

Post by muniyal » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Hi I am applying for Tier 2 General Visa and the application is automatically directing me to the payment section for IHS. There it is charging me 400 pounds per year. But I am afraid it is only charging for the main applicant, and not for my spouse and dependant child. Can anyone clarify if the IHS is only applicable for the main applicant or for all the applicants.
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS for Tier 2 General Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:47 pm

All applicants must pay.

Dependents must apply separately on their own forms as far as I am aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

muniyal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: IHS for Tier 2 General Visa

Post by muniyal » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:08 pm

thank you for clarifying.

muniyal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Application process for UK Tier 2 General visa

Post by muniyal » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:11 pm

Hi I have filled in my application for UK Tier 2 General visa as a main applicant . I have also paid the IHS and application fee. I had mentioned in the application my spouse and dependant child.
Do I have to apply separately again for my dependants and pay the IHS and application fee for them? If yes, can someone share any process guidelines.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application process for UK Tier 2 General visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:58 pm

muniyal wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:11 pm
Hi I have filled in my application for UK Tier 2 General visa as a main applicant . I have also paid the IHS and application fee. I had mentioned in the application my spouse and dependant child.
Do I have to apply separately again for my dependants and pay the IHS and application fee for them? If yes, can someone share any process guidelines.
Thanks
Topics merged!!

Did I not already answer this question???

You merely mentioned them in your form. That is not applying for them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

muniyal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by muniyal » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:08 pm

I apologise for two similar and confusing question. I appreciate your help and patience.

muniyal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by muniyal » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi there,

I have ICT Tier 2 spouse visa , now my current UK employer has agreed to sponsor my Tier 2 General visa. I have been working with my current UK employer for the last 4 years. They have issued a CoS in which category is Tier 2 General and sub-category"Switching immigration category". But my consultant in India says thats the subcategory is wrong and they have to issue a completely fresh CoS mentioning the sub category -"new hire-restricted". Does anyone has a similar experience of switching from ICT dependent to General and what was the subcategory mentioned by their employer in their CoS?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance for the response

muniyal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Switching from ICT PBS Spouse visa to General Tier 2 visa question

Post by muniyal » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:44 pm

Hi
I am applying for Tier 2 General Visa sponsored by my current employer. I have been under ICT Tier 2 spouse Visa till now . But in my RCoS my employer has selected category “Tier 2 General - switching immigration category” instead of Tier 2 General- New Hire restricted category” . Does this mean that my application will be refused . Since the option for correction is cancelling the current CoS and reapplying by the employer which is a heavily time consuming and difficult task . Any response will be highly appreciated .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from ICT PBS Spouse visa to General Tier 2 visa question

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:57 pm

Topics merged again!!!

You need a restricted CoS new hires. You are not swtiching as you are not applying within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

muniyal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by muniyal » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:31 pm

Hello , a very small question please.
I have now received the Visa as Tier 2 General starting from 18th March, I am in back to UK on my current ICT dependant visa which is valid till 22nd March. DO I have to go back to home country and come back after start of new General Visa? Someone advised me that I need to get an arrival stamp on my passport to help UK authorities calculate number of days stay in the new visa.
Thanks a lot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:34 pm

You should not have travelled on your cancelled ICT dependent. Your dependent visa was cancelled when tier 2 General was issued.

You need to have your new tier 2 general visa vignette stamped on arrival as you are required to show this to the Post office to collect your BRP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

muniyal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by muniyal » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:24 pm

Ohhh, many thanks for your advice.

NileshNK
Newly Registered
India

Post by NileshNK » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:00 am

muniyal wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:19 pm
Hi there,

I have ICT Tier 2 spouse visa , now my current UK employer has agreed to sponsor my Tier 2 General visa. I have been working with my current UK employer for the last 4 years. They have issued a CoS in which category is Tier 2 General and sub-category"Switching immigration category". But my consultant in India says thats the subcategory is wrong and they have to issue a completely fresh CoS mentioning the sub category -"new hire-restricted". Does anyone has a similar experience of switching from ICT dependent to General and what was the subcategory mentioned by their employer in their CoS?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance for the response
Did you request for new RCoS with correct sub-category or you got the visa with incorrect switching immigration category ?