ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help with naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

marshal8732

Fill in Online Application

Post by marshal8732 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:08 pm

Hi

I'm in the process of filling my neutralization application online.
It asking for my previous visa history and the date when I got them.

Is it must enter the date when the previous visas were obtained and when the biometric was done.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Fill in Online Application

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:28 pm

marshal8732 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:08 pm
Hi

I'm in the process of filling my neutralization application online.
It asking for my previous visa history and the date when I got them.

Is it must enter the date when the previous visas were obtained and when the biometric was done.
yes, you have to list all the previous applications you have made in or outside of the UK. If you can not remember the exact date, you can just write the month and year.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

marshal8732

Little help

Post by marshal8732 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:43 am

I came in 2008 on a student visa

Extended the student visa until 2011

When applied in 2011 for another extension tier 4 the application came back after 1 month to say the payment hasn’t gone through and to submit with correct payment details which I did on the same day although my leave have expired when I resubmitted with correct payment details. In mean while I was employed during this period.

Then in February 2012 received a refusal on Tier 4 application with no appeal right as home office stated I submitted bank statement was out of 28days on the day I received a refusal I stopped me employment as no right to work was mentioned in the letter.

Then I submitted another application within 14days for Tier 4 Visa while the application was in process I withdrew the application and submitted PSW which was approved in August.
I was not working from the day I got the letter from home fice to say no right to work until my application was approved for PSW

After which I changed to Tier 1 ent visa

The initial application was granted without any bother but the extension was refused but was approved in admin review( I was still working for my company as director between refusal to admin review approval) is that ok?

Then last year I applied for ILR on 10yrs which was approved.

Now I’m due to applying for neutralization.

From my history is there going to be any problems with my application?

marshal8732

help with naturalisation

Post by marshal8732 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:55 am

Hi
I am hoping if anyone can give me some guidance on naturalisation.

I obtained my ILR on 10yrs basis last year, now I'm due to applying for naturalisation.

My question is back in 2012 I applied for me visa before leave expired but due to some payment issue my application was invalid and was returned back to me which I sent back on the same day with updated details, however, this was after my leave expired. At this time I was still in employment but after a month later I received the decision that my application has been refused due to bank statements not having enough balance. At this time I stopped from my employment and made another application for a student visa.

Is the above issue is going to have any impact on my naturalisation?

As per solicitor advise he has told me as you have got ILR on 10yrs you should be ok. Is this true?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: help with naturalisation

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:32 am

marshal8732 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:55 am

As per solicitor advise he has told me as you have got ILR on 10yrs you should be ok. Is this true?
Not necessarily because a discretion used whilst granting you the ILR might not be repeated especially when 'good character' stringent checks are in place.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.