ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport is expired during BC Application with Home Office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RaoMR

Naturalisation Information

Post by RaoMR » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi All,

Thanks! for your help previously...

I have below doubts regarding Naturalisation .

1. my Spouse and 2 kids (under 18) have received ILR ( thru Tier 2 Dependants)on 13/02/2020 and planning to apply for Naturalisation now as i have already British Citizenship thru PBS Tier 2 general on 2014 - i think we can apply for Naturalisation now --Right ?.
2. I am filling up application in online .it is asking 2 references with British Passport holder -Do i need to use 6 different references or can i use 2 references for 3 Application ( Giving same references for 3 of them )?.

3.They are not out side 90 days in 12 months and they are here in last 3 months and making sure that the date we are submitting application ( from that date to 3 years date should be in UK) ..is there anyother things need to be check ? .

4. which all documents need to be upload along with application ( BRP,Passports,Life in UK and English B1 certificate) .any other documents need to be uploaded ..

Can you please let me know if any thing i have missed for naturalisation ..

Thanks for your help ...

Cheers,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Information

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:08 pm

1. my Spouse and 2 kids (under 18) have received ILR ( thru Tier 2 Dependants)on 13/02/2020 and planning to apply for Naturalisation now as i have already British Citizenship thru PBS Tier 2 general on 2014 - i think we can apply for Naturalisation now --Right ?.
Yes, provided your spouse meets the 3 years requirements.
2. I am filling up application in online .it is asking 2 references with British Passport holder -Do i need to use 6 different references or can i use 2 references for 3 Application ( Giving same references for 3 of them )?.
You can use the same referees provided they are not related to you or your family or to the other referee. Also provided they know the family for the required period. Note you only need ONE British referee who is over 25. The other referee must be a professional on the HO list and can be of any nationality.
3.They are not out side 90 days in 12 months and they are here in last 3 months and making sure that the date we are submitting application ( from that date to 3 years date should be in UK) ..is there anyother things need to be check ? .
No more than 270 days absence for your spouse. Not sure what you mean by 'here in last 3 months', there is no such requirement.
4. which all documents need to be upload along with application ( BRP,Passports,Life in UK and English B1 certificate) .any other documents need to be uploaded ..
Upload what is asked for. You also need marriage cert and your British citizen evidence and birth certs for children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RaoMR

Post by RaoMR » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:08 pm
Yes, provided your spouse meets the 3 years requirements.

[RM]:-Thanks! CR001 for your Quick replay
You can use the same referees provided they are not related to you or your family or to the other referee. Also provided they know the family for the required period. Note you only need ONE British referee who is over 25. The other referee must be a professional on the HO list and can be of any nationality.

[RM]:-The other referee must be a professional on the HO list and can be of any nationality - where can i get the HO List , can i give IT Consultant name who is working as self employee ..
No more than 270 days absence for your spouse. Not sure what you mean by 'here in last 3 months', there is no such requirement.

[RM]:-Sorry not 3 months ..it is 3 years
Upload what is asked for. You also need marriage cert and your British citizen evidence and birth certs for children.
[RM]:-Thanks! for your answers...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:00 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RaoMR

Post by RaoMR » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:33 pm

Thanks! a lot CR001 .....

'chairman or director of limited company' is there in list . can we use reference who is director of his company ( With 2 employees) and working as self employed .

Sorry for sending many messages ..

Thanks for your help ....

Cheers..

RaoMR

Passport is expired during BC Application with Home Office

Post by RaoMR » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:51 am

Hi All,

I have Applied British Citizenship for My spouse and Kids and we have not received any update yet but my child passport is expired .Please let me know what i need to do ?.

Please find below details :
BC online Applications : 19th Feb 2020 ( PBS Dependant + ILR )
Biometric has done : 19th Mar 2020 ( In Croydon )

My Child passport is expired on 30/05/2020.

I have sent email to Home office to check the status and received reply like below .

" Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately your documents are yet to be printed/despatched. As previously explained please be assured that no adverse decisions will be made on your application because of delays caused by Coronavirus (unless there is a material change in your circumstances, for example, you are convicted of a criminal offence).

Whilst I appreciate this may not be the response you were hoping for I can assure you as soon as we are able, your documents will be printed and despatched."

Can you please let me know what i need do about this ?. Do i need to get new passport and will send to copy to Home office ?.

Thanks! for your help ..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport is expired during BC Application with Home Office

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:54 am

Can you please let me know what i need do about this ?.
Nothing you need to do in regards to Home Office. Simply renew the passport at your embassy.
Do i need to get new passport and will send to copy to Home office ?.
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

RaoMR

Re: Passport is expired during BC Application with Home Office

Post by RaoMR » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:09 am

Thanks! a lot CR001 for your quick replay and Help ...