ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continue to work from India until my new visa is approved

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vicsales
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Continue to work from India until my new visa is approved

Post by vicsales » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:33 am

Hi everyone,

my first post! :D

I have been employed as a Developer in the UK for 2 years now but my visa will expire in 2 months.
My company will sponsor me so that I can apply for a new one but in the meantime I will have to leave the country to reapply.

Questions: Due to the nature of my work I can work anywhere in the world, so even though I will be in India:

1) can my contract with the UK company remain in place (perhaps with a tweak to say that I will working remotely whilst in India)?
2) can the UK company keep me on payroll paying the UK taxes as usual and,
3) can the UK company continue to pay me into my UK bank account?

The hope is that in 2-3 months I will have obtained a new work permit and can return to the UK so I just want to avoid any issues with the UK authorities.

If none of the above is possible, can you please let me know what is the best way for me to get paid?
Any suggestions will be really appreciated!
Thanks

iwolga

Re: Continue to work from India until my new visa is approved

Post by iwolga » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi, unfortunately, “no” to all three of your questions. This is not about the place in the world you work, this is about where you are employed and pay taxes. Don’t create problems for yourself and your employer: the last day of your work permit shall be the last day of your work

Any chance you can be employed by your company’s Indian branch (if there’s one)? Another option is the company hires you as an outsourced person/one person company based in India. I don’t know the laws in India, but you will most likely need to be registered as an individual entrepreneur and be able to issue invoices to UK company.