ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Queries

Post by SHSHSH » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Hi All Gurus,
Firstly, I would like to thank you all the gurus who are helping many applicants on this platform.
I have a few queries which require your help with relates to my naturalisation application are as follows.
1. I am a director of a Limited Company and also an employee of that company and paying wages through PAYE. I am not self-employed.
2. ILR approved last year 15-Mar-2019 based on long residency requirement (10yrs route) and now I am applying for naturalisation on 15-Mar-2020 after a full 12 months completion.
3. Guide AN Naturalisation Booklet – The Requirements https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance Guideline using for my naturalisation.
4. List of Documents to be enclosed
Complete Nauralisation application form online.
All Passport copies
University Degree photocopy to prove English requirements
Life in the UK test certificate
Two photographs with name written on the back (Did not mention in the guideline?)
Outside the UK in the 5 years period (5 years period or just last 12 months period?)
Outside the UK in the 12 months period (5 years period or just last 12 months per?)
P60 for last 1 year or 5 years (Did not mention in the guideline?)
Please advise, if I need to add more supporting documents or remove unnecessary documents from the above list. Your suggestion is highly appreciated.
Thanks, and Best regards

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation Queries

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:22 pm

Two photographs with name written on the back (Did not mention in the guideline?)
These are for the referee form you print out when you submit.
Outside the UK in the 5 years period (5 years period or just last 12 months period?)
Outside the UK in the 12 months period (5 years period or just last 12 months per?)
Not sure what you are asking - it's the absences for the five years working back from the date of application.
P60 for last 1 year or 5 years (Did not mention in the guideline?)
Not required for non-EU applicants - Passport(s) are sufficient.
General rule is to only submit the documents that are required for your circumstances.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Post by SHSHSH » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:23 am

Thanks very much for your response. I would like to ask a few more questions.

1. I have submitted 2 photos for all the previous application. For naturalisation is not required my photos.?
2. Do I have to provide information about Absences from the UK during the last 12 months or 5 year period?
3. I am using AN guidelines for naturalisation is that the right guideline I am using for my naturalisation,? just I wanted to cross-check.
I would like to clarify the whole naturalisation application process:-
1. First I need to fill the online naturalisation application and submit and pay.
2. After that, You’ll be asked to make an appointment at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) service point to provide your biometric information (your fingerprints and a photo). I have to upload all the supporting documents while I am booking an appointment with UKVCAS online service.?

Thank you for your all help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:29 am

1. You are NOT making an immigration application. Biometrics now are digital. The photos for the referee form is for them to state and sign that you are the person in the photo. This is separate to your bimetric photo take on the day of your UKCVAS appointment.

2. You have to provide absence for the whole 5 years immediately preceding your date of application.

3. Yes.
3.1 Yes
3.2 Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Post by SHSHSH » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:24 pm

Thanks very much for clarifying all the doubts. This is my last and final query before I proceed to submit my application.
As per the guidelines, the final list of documents for the naturalisation.
1. Complete Naturalisation application form online.
2. All Passport copies (upload while I am booking an appointment with UKVCAS online service.)
3. University Degree photocopy to prove English requirements (upload while I am booking an appointment
with UKVCAS online service.)
4. Biometric Residence Permit/ILR (upload while I am booking an appointment with UKVCAS online service.)
5. Life in the UK test certificate (upload while I am booking an appointment with UKVCAS online service.)
Anything else, should I needs to add more documents on the above list or it will suffice for the naturalisation application.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:42 pm

Looks ok - plus the referee forms when they are ready.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Post by SHSHSH » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:45 am

Thanks for your prompt response and all your help.
One more question with relates to the parking ticket and debt recovery letter received from fax and phone service provider what I am using currently for my business.
1. I received 2 parking ticket a long time using the bus lane and wrong parking ticket on the street and I have paid that penalty within 30 days. Do I need to mention that in my application?
2. I am using current phone and fax services for my business from the service provider. History:-Last year I did not extend my fax services and the company extended without my permission asking to pay a very little fee for that but I forgot to pay in due time. The phone service provider has there own debt recovery agent sent me a letter to pay the fee with interest a year ago. However, I ignore that letter at that time and I spoke to the service provider a few weeks ago directly and they remove all the outstanding amount from my account and start using their services again. Do I need to mention that in my application?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:49 am

1. Yes - just mention them - they won't impact your application
2. No - as no formal court proceedings or judgements entered.

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Post by SHSHSH » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:58 pm

Thank you very much for your all help.

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Post by SHSHSH » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:01 am

One more query with relates to Naturalisation application.
1. As I am a director of a limited company, do I need to provide supporting documents like self-assessment with my naturalisation application?

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Post by SHSHSH » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:00 pm

Pls help me to the above query.?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:13 pm

Presumably you are an employee of the company - so you just state job as Director of company X.

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Post by SHSHSH » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:30 pm

Thanks very much for your prompt response.

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Post by SHSHSH » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:24 am

One more question with relates to the referee.

1. Can I use both 2 referees from the same company and they are both engineers and British citizen.?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:50 am

You can use two referees which work at the same company (I did) - but at least one must fulfil the professional requirement, for example member of a trade body.

"One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, such as
a minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body such as an accountant or
solicitor (who is not representing you with this application). The other referee must normally be the
holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25."

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Post by SHSHSH » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:14 pm

What do you mean by a member of a trade body.?
My referees are both British citizens and both are Engineers, it should be ok to use them.?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:38 pm

A professional body: for example qualified accountants will be members of ACCA, CIMA, etc; an architect might be a member of RIBA.
I am just going by the guidance I have quoted.

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Post by SHSHSH » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:07 pm

Thanks for that.Thanks for that. I am filling the online application form and I found a few questions which I am not confident about it.
1. Do you have any other details that you would like No to be considered regarding this applicant and their application to be registered as a British Citizen? Yes/No.
2. Have you had any other work over the past 10 years or since you came to the UK? I worked part-time during my studies and that comes in the past 10 years period, do I need to mention that as well.?
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:17 pm

SHSHSH wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:07 pm
Thanks for that.Thanks for that. I am filling the online application form and I found a few questions which I am not confident about it.
1. Do you have any other details that you would like No to be considered regarding this applicant and their application to be registered as a British Citizen? Yes/No.
Not sure - it says "registered" whereas you are applying for naturalisation. I guess this is for any information relating to why an applicant may not be able to fulfil the requirements. Unless you wish to disclsoe anything else I would say NO.
2. Have you had any other work over the past 10 years or since you came to the UK? I worked part-time during my studies and that comes in the past 10 years period, do I need to mention that as well.?
the questions asks about "any other work" - it doesn't give you discretion on what or how much to disclose. Presumably you were allowed to work during studies.
Thanks

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Post by SHSHSH » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:32 am

Thanks very much for your prompt reply.
This is my last question while I am filling the online application with relates to employment details.
1. I am a limited company director and employee of my limited company. Since 2013 I had more than 2 contracts with a different client. My question is while I am filling the online application under the type of employment have different boxes to tick. I can tick more than one boxes in my case I ticked " An employee and A director" and in the next row asking for employer or business name: my company name I wrote it.

Is that right? or should I use our client name instead of my company under the employer or business name section?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:31 am

State your company name - not your clients'.

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Post by SHSHSH » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:13 pm

Thanks for your very much appreciate it.
One last question relates to my previous question about employment history.
1. During my studies, I worked part-time in 2008-2011 but I don't remember the start date and end date. I don't even remember the exact start month and end month.
Can I roughly put the start and end date for that period (2008-11)? or it should be exact start and end date.?

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Post by SHSHSH » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:19 am

Can you pls reply to my question.?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:22 am

Can I roughly put the start and end date for that period (2008-11)? or it should be exact start and end date.?
Give the best/rough estimate you can.

SHSHSH
Newly Registered

Post by SHSHSH » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:15 pm

Thanks for that.

One last question with relates to referee form.
1. On back of the applicant photograph, please write their name and date of birth. The photograph should then be glued into the space aside. Who write the name back of the photograph - applicant or referee.?

Thanks you for your all help. Very much appreciate it.