ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sopra steria UKVCAS website not working

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nishanthsinghgurung
Newly Registered
India

Sopra steria UKVCAS website not working

Post by nishanthsinghgurung » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:49 am

Unable to book an appointment for FLR-M extension visa on this website(https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/). Doesn't accepts online payments. Tried calling the contact number mentioned also gives a "server error. Try again later" message when rung. My visa is expiring soon and i need to book an appointment soon. Please suggest what can i do.

mmicky5050

Re: Sopra steria UKVCAS website not working

Post by mmicky5050 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:20 am

They are so incompetent - when I was giving my biometrics a few days ago, during the appointment, their system crashed. The woman started panicking - “Oh we will have to do it all over again”. Then she called her manager, he told her to shut off her computer and login again. She did that and lo and behold everything was there. Anyways, they claimed they sent everything but I just don’t trust them because you never get any confirmation. It was like a fish market there- no stool to sit down to have your picture taken. The signatures weren’t getting accepted unless they spanned the entire length of their screen which was only visible to them. Similarly, when you upload files, you can’t open them to see if you have uploaded the correct files. Seems to me like a below average operation run by some French company and I paid £110 to get finger prints and pictures done that cost less than £20 at most post offices for Tier2s. Complete rip off.

By the way, their scanner is crap. Scan yourself

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:26 am

Also, they claim they check your documents before sending and thats why they are charging. That’s a compete lie. They will check mandatory documents which are like only 4. The rest of the stuff - payslip, statements etc - the stuff that really matters won’t be checked at all for correct upload, resolution etc. It’s a complete ripoff and I fail to understand what they are charging £110 for when HO is claiming that the price for biometrics is included in the application.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:54 pm

mmicky5050 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:26 am
It’s a complete ripoff and I fail to understand what they are charging £110 for when HO is claiming that the price for biometrics is included in the application.
Biometrics are included in the fee paid for the application. Any additional fees paid are for optional additional services or appointment times outside of their regular hours. Might you have to look at multiple service locations and/or perhaps wait a bit for an available appointment for no fee? Yes, it's a busy time for immigration applications. Is it a rip off on top of the application fee? No, it is a service you have to voluntarily pay extra for.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:31 pm

I wish that was true. Even the normal times are being charged for. The only free appointment is more than a month and a half away which is absolutely ridiculous. No extra service was provided for - I had to search around for a stool, bring it to a makeshift cabin, sit down, have a photo taken, get my finger prints done, wait for the system to recover from a “crash”, sign a pad. That was it. 10 mins tops. No documents checked. Absolutely nothing else done. For this price, they didn’t even email or text me to confirm the documents have been sent.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:54 pm

mmicky5050 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:31 pm
I had to search around for a stool, bring it to a makeshift cabin, sit down, have a photo taken,
Passport photo can even be taken while standing up which is pretty normal at several places.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

md3
Newly Registered

Post by md3 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:33 pm

nishanthsinghgurung wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:49 am
Unable to book an appointment for FLR-M extension visa on this website(https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/). Doesn't accepts online payments. Tried calling the contact number mentioned also gives a "server error. Try again later" message when rung. My visa is expiring soon and i need to book an appointment soon. Please suggest what can i do.
I'm helping someone to upload documents and the UKVCAS site has been a complete pain. Not allowing log in (log in button shows depress but nothing happens), almost logging in but sitting there saying "loading", intermittently logging out whilst using (not due to timing out). Yesterday a message appeared saying "we are having issues, try again". Not even an apology! After 3 days finally completed the upload. :?

vveksram
Newly Registered
India

Post by vveksram » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Same here, i had been trying to get an appointment or call them for the same. Did you get any contact or a way to get the appointment?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Vivek

J87London
Newly Registered

Post by J87London » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:18 am

Tried to book an appointment and contact the number but could not. I then logged in to the website at 3AM yesterday and it worked :x I think the website might be crashing in the morning hours due to extra load. This is not acceptable in any manner but I couldn't risk not having an appointment and losing my money.