ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with what can you do on student visa when left University without completing

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Need help with what can you do on student visa when left University without completing

Post by sky_rise » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:52 pm

Dear members,

Will appreciate your help and support. My family member received full time Republic of Ireland student visa in autumn 2019 and started uni studies. Unfortunately They failed exams and have yesterday formally left the university in Dublin (with half-fees reimbursed for uncompleted masters degree). She is a non-EU/UK citizen.

I have few questions here:

1) When does she need to leave Ireland after formally leaving the university?

2a) How long can she stay in the country without enrolment at other university?

2b) To move to another program (lower lever), i.e. language programme or a foundation, will she need to leave the country in order to update or re-obtain a new visa?

3) In the current state can she leave and re-enter the country on the same visa?

Will appreciate advise as we urgently looking what to do next (legally).

Thank you,

SR
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

DanaMarie
Ireland

Re: Need help with what can you do on student visa when left University without completing

Post by DanaMarie » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:37 am

Many of your questions answered here -
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Su ... 20Students