ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent visa - Category moved to shortage of occupation of main applicant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kalas
Newly Registered
India

PBS dependent visa - Category moved to shortage of occupation of main applicant

Post by kalas » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:34 pm

Hi,

I am holding a tier 2 (general - PBS) visa till next year. Now I am applying for a dependent visa extension for my wife and kid. But my visa category has been moved shortage of occupation list recently. Considering this, may I know what will be the visa category for my wife and kid will be ? do I need to submit the PBS dependant visa application or it will be Tier 2 general dependent (shortage of occupation )?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

K.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: PBS dependent visa - Category moved to shortage of occupation of main applicant

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:11 pm

kalas wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:34 pm
Hi,

I am holding a tier 2 (general - PBS) visa till next year. Now I am applying for a dependent visa extension for my wife and kid. But my visa category has been moved shortage of occupation list recently. Considering this, may I know what will be the visa category for my wife and kid will be ? do I need to submit the PBS dependant visa application or it will be Tier 2 general dependent (shortage of occupation )?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

K.

What is your SOC code? sometimes, the SOC code could be in the shortage occupation but only to certain types of jobs. So you need to check again if the entire SOC code has moved to shortage occupation or not. Dependant visas are based on the visa of the main applicant. I guess their application will need to align with yours.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.