ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Arsenal86

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Arsenal86 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:24 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:45 pm
I am also thinking of contacting the immigration minister and try to visit his practice
I just want to see my dad in a another country that doesn't accept Travel document before he forgets me
I would suggest you to wait for another month, as my case was a straight forward and I was not an refugee, and it took me 7 month to get the approval, not the point yet to contact immigration minister, or anyone else, wait for another month and if you don't get anything you can contact them but they still will not do nothing , I would suggest you just to keep emailing every 2 week FMT first

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:15 pm

Arsenal86 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:24 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:45 pm
I am also thinking of contacting the immigration minister and try to visit his practice
I just want to see my dad in a another country that doesn't accept Travel document before he forgets me
I would suggest you to wait for another month, as my case was a straight forward and I was not an refugee, and it took me 7 month to get the approval, not the point yet to contact immigration minister, or anyone else, wait for another month and if you don't get anything you can contact them but they still will not do nothing , I would suggest you just to keep emailing every 2 week FMT first
Thank You Arsenal i Will follow your advice

Hope you are well

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:24 pm

winter1234 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:56 pm
Hi everyone,
I applied for Naturalisation in middle of July and I haven't received any decision on my case yet.
As I understand based on talking with other applicants, solicitors and people in this forum, most of refugees have to wait much longer than usual and HO excusee that some of checks are carrying out by external agencies which I believe it is not correct.
I was wondering if there is any way to speak out and let public know about this unfair procedure then they may change the situation.
I so.much agree with that but the issue is people that are still waiting for their approval may feel hesitant and maybe worrief that this may affect negatively the process of their allocations.😔

sanabibi123
Pakistan

Post by sanabibi123 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:41 pm

Hi there i received this email reply from home office its got person name on the bottom so what do you is it real relpy or generated.Thank you for your e-mail

Our preparatory enquiries on this application are currently ongoing. Hopefully it will not take too much longer before the application to considered. You do not need to contact us as once the application is decided, you will be contacted by a caseworker.
Thank you for your patience

www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Regards
xxxxxx

Central Operations

UK Visas & Immigration

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:53 pm

sanabibi123 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:41 pm
Hi there i received this email reply from home office its got person name on the bottom so what do you is it real relpy or generated.Thank you for your e-mail

Our preparatory enquiries on this application are currently ongoing. Hopefully it will not take too much longer before the application to considered. You do not need to contact us as once the application is decided, you will be contacted by a caseworker.
Thank you for your patience

www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Regards
xxxxxx

Central Operations

UK Visas & Immigration
You are NOT permitted to post the names or details of HO staff on the forum. You have NOT been given permission to post such detail on a public internet forum by the person!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sanabibi123
Pakistan

Post by sanabibi123 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:02 pm

Oh ok i didn't checked the we are not allowed to put the person name on it.

winter1234
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by winter1234 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:18 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:24 pm
winter1234 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I applied for Naturalisation in middle of July and I haven't received any decision on my case yet.
As I understand based on talking with other applicants, solicitors and people in this forum, most of refugees have to wait much longer than usual and HO excusee that some of checks are carrying out by external agencies which I believe it is not correct.
I was wondering if there is any way to speak out and let public know about this unfair procedure then they may change the situation.
I so.much agree with that but the issue is people that are still waiting for their approval may feel hesitant and maybe worrief that this may affect negatively the process of their allocations.😔
Well, I know what you mean but don't forget we are dealing with HO and I can tell you they commit all the actions ( some of them are illegal like detaining )to refuse your application from first day which you apply for asylum and they keep this behaviour till now. I believe having hope on HO is like think a wolf won't kill you.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:31 pm

winter1234 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:18 pm
Sous49 wrote:
winter1234 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Well, I know what you mean but don't forget we are dealing with HO and I can tell you they commit all the actions ( some of them are illegal like detaining )to refuse your application from first day which you apply for asylum and they keep this behaviour till now. I believe having hope on HO is like think a wolf won't kill you.
Maybe therefore people don't dare acting when they have applications to be decided

winter1234
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by winter1234 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:53 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:31 pm
winter1234 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:18 pm
Sous49 wrote:
winter1234 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Maybe therefore people don't dare acting when they have applications to be decided
Yes it is true but when HO deal with refugees it's like they are are second or 3rd class people of the community.

chinasa12
Newly Registered

Post by chinasa12 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:40 am

Hey guys, please when do one need to return their PR after receiving a letter of citizenship approval and where do one send them to? Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:44 am

chinasa12 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:40 am
Hey guys, please when do one need to return their PR after receiving a letter of citizenship approval and where do one send them to? Thanks
PR card under EU regulations doesn't need to be returned.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

chinasa12
Newly Registered

Post by chinasa12 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:50 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:44 am
chinasa12 wrote:
Ok thanks mate. Is it ILR that need to be returned? Not sure where I read something about returning a BRP after naturalising.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:51 am

chinasa12 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:50 am
alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:44 am
chinasa12 wrote:
Ok thanks mate. Is it ILR that need to be returned? Not sure where I read something about returning a BRP after naturalising.
Yes it's the BRP for non-EU route.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

shanny77
Newly Registered
Togo

Post by shanny77 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Hi topsecret,

can you please help me the HO contact email pls. I need to contact them regarding my application as it is taking longer.

Thanks

topsecret wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:05 pm
I’ve sent a couple of emails to Home Office and the replies I received.

Date: 05/11/2019
Thank you for your email.
We can confirm that you have successfully enrolled your biometrics.
Your application will now continue to progress until a decision is made.
We will contact you if we require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process. Please note; we will not contact you to provide regular updates and cannot provide a definitive application processing timescale.
Date: 06/12/2019
Thank you for your email
applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. Therefore as the applications were received on 5th September 2019, It will take a while longer for them to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.
Date: 19/12/2019
Every application is processed and validated by a Caseworker who work through their allocations. The application will then continue to progress until a decision is made.
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. We will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.
Date: 02/01/2020
Thank you for your email
We have received your application and biometric enrolment. Your case has been validated and allocated to a case working team. Your case is currently undergoing case worker action to ensure it meets the necessary requirements that will enable us to make a decision on it. When a decision has been made you will be notified.
Date: 17/01/2020
Thank you for your e-mail regarding progress of your application for British Citizenship.
I am sorry if you have previously been provided with inaccurate information. I can confirm that your application has not yet been allocated to a Caseworker for consideration and I am unable to provide a timescale of when allocation will take place.
Once your application is allocated, if further information is required, the Caseworker will contact you directly.
Yours sincerely

Date: 30/01/2020
thank you for your email.
We have noted our systems with your enquiry.
A caseworker will contact you if they require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process. Please note; we will not contact you to provide regular updates and cannot provide a definitive application processing timescale.
Your application will now continue to progress until a decision is made
Date: 07/02/2020
We will contact you if we require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process. Please note; we will not contact you to provide regular updates and cannot provide a definitive application processing timescale.
Date: 13/02/2020
Good Morning,
Thank you for your email
I can confirm that your application is progressing through the system as normal, applications are currently taking six months to process
Kind regards,

Anybody think that repeated emails for updates to Home Office, May a delay in my decision ? Any idea why my application is taking a long time ?
so stressed :cry: :cry:

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:42 am

shanny77 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:40 pm
Hi topsecret,

can you please help me the HO contact email pls. I need to contact them regarding my application as it is taking longer.

Thanks

topsecret wrote:

Thank you for your email
applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. Therefore as the applications were received on 5th September 2019, It will take a while longer for them to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.
Every application is processed and validated by a Caseworker who work through their allocations. The application will then continue to progress until a decision is made.
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. We will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.
Thank you for your email
We have received your application and biometric enrolment. Your case has been validated and allocated to a case working team. Your case is currently undergoing case worker action to ensure it meets the necessary requirements that will enable us to make a decision on it. When a decision has been made you will be notified.
Thank you for your e-mail regarding progress of your application for British Citizenship.
I am sorry if you have previously been provided with inaccurate information. I can confirm that your application has not yet been allocated to a Caseworker for consideration and I am unable to provide a timescale of when allocation will take place.
Once your application is allocated, if further information is required, the Caseworker will contact you directly.
Yours sincerely

A caseworker will contact you if they require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process. Please note; we will not contact you to provide regular updates and cannot provide a definitive application processing timescale.
Good Morning,
Thank you for your email
I can confirm that your application is progressing through the system as normal, applications are currently taking six months to process
Kind regards,

Anybody think that repeated emails for updates to Home Office, May a delay in my decision ? Any idea why my application is taking a long time ?

this is email address
nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk

shanny77
Newly Registered
Togo

Post by shanny77 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:40 am

Thanks. I have emailed them, waiting for reply.

topsecret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:42 am
shanny77 wrote:
Hi topsecret,

Thanks

topsecret wrote:

Thank you for your email
Thank you for your email
Yours sincerely

Good Morning,
Thank you for your email
Kind regards,

this is email address

MoIQ
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MoIQ » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:56 pm

My application for naturalization has been refused today.

The refusal letter says I did not fulfill the good character requirement. The letter said I stated in the application that I was self-employed during the time of overstay from 31st July 2012 to 13 Jan 2013.

I was registered as self-employed during these dates but I didn't work and the HMRC record shows I did not pay even class 2 NI contribution.

I am thinking to appeal the decision as registered self-employed never means working. I did not work in the described dates and get supported by the church. My HMRC recorded also showed no tax or NI in 2012. I will add a church letter of support and a letter from HMRC to show no working in these dates.
What process shall I follow?
How much is the fee of appeal?
Anyone can advise or help in this matter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:14 pm

MoIQ wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:56 pm

The refusal letter says I did not fulfill the good character requirement. The letter said I stated in the application that I was self-employed during the time of overstay from 31st July 2012 to 13 Jan 2013.

I was registered as self-employed during these dates but I didn't work and the HMRC record shows I did not pay even class 2 NI contribution.

I am thinking to appeal the decision as registered self-employed never means working. I did not work in the described dates and get supported by the church. My HMRC recorded also showed no tax or NI in 2012. I will add a church letter of support and a letter from HMRC to show no working in these dates.
You cannot appeal a refused citizenship application. You only have the option to ask for a reconsideration, which costs £372 and can take as long as HO deems necessary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shanny77
Newly Registered
Togo

Post by shanny77 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:14 pm
MoIQ wrote:

You cannot appeal a refused citizenship application. You only have the option to ask for a reconsideration, which costs £372 and can take as long as HO deems necessary.
If you have overstayed between 2012-2013 you shouldn't have applied. If you overstayed you have break immigration rules and you ought to have lived in the UK legally for 10years before you can apply for naturalization.

shanny77
Newly Registered
Togo

Post by shanny77 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:20 pm

How long does it normally takes to get a response from HO when you email them ?
shanny77 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:40 am
Thanks. I have emailed them, waiting for reply.

topsecret wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:42 am
shanny77 wrote:
Hi topsecret,

Thanks

topsecret wrote:

Thank you for your email
Thank you for your email
Yours sincerely

Good Morning,
Thank you for your email
Kind regards,

this is email address

MoIQ
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MoIQ » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:28 pm

shanny77 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:18 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:14 pm
MoIQ wrote:

If you have overstayed between 2012-2013 you shouldn't have applied. If you overstayed you have break immigration rules and you ought to have lived in the UK legally for 10years before you can apply for naturalization.
It's not overstay in 2012-2013. It is because I wrote in the application that I was working during overstay time. Working is a breach of immigration rule for a person with a refugee route. A friend of mine wrote nothing about work during his overstay. The caseworker sent him a form to complete that how he regularised himself. He includes the letter of support from a friend and sends the farms back. A couple of weeks after he got approval.

In my case, I thought to reconsideration but I decided to not lodge the appeal and waite for 3 more years for a clean 10 years history. If the home office finds any forge, fake or manipulates to get the nationality, they can cancel it, especially when visiting abroad. I keep reading news and is better to take a safe route.

Mama26
Newly Registered
Mood:
Congo Democratic Republic

Post by Mama26 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:55 pm

I’m sorry for you but 3 years will pass so fast next time seek legal advice to CAB

Papy
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Papy » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:50 pm

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Please be advised that a decision has been despatched via 2nd class post.

Date posted: 19TH FEBRUARY 2020

If you have not received your decision within 10 working days of the date posted please email FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

finallyhere
Newly Registered
India

Post by finallyhere » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:38 pm

Application date 8th jan 2020
Emailed HO on 14th feb
HO replied 18th: Thank you for your e-mail

You will be contacted by post within 21 working days

Thank you

Does this mean decision has been made?

muleya
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by muleya » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi guys, l received an email about 12days ago saying a decision has been made but didn't state outcome and l will receive conformation in 7-10days time. l have not received anything yet. Should l email them again?
l am disappointed with the whole process after 9 and a half months of waiting. l have been camping on my window over the last 10days waiting for the postmen to come. The whole thing has made me depressed and reclusive and l have lost appetite.