ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation after Settled Status (Non EEA family member)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

happydev
Newly Registered

Naturalisation after Settled Status (Non EEA family member)

Post by happydev » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:49 pm

Hi Folks,

Has anyone applied/received the citizenship after getting Settled Status last year. I got the Settled Status last year and my status earlier was non EEA family member. I still hold the Residence card as it was renewed a month before Settled Scheme came out.

I basically want to know your experience and whether we need to provide the documentation again to prove our residency for last 5 years. The strange bit is it says on the application that Bank statements and Utility Bills are not acceptable. I'm confused and looking through my archives to dig out P60s and Salary but really doubt I'll find all.

I was expecting to only passport was be more than sufficient to prove my residency but not sure if I'll be able to submit that if I apply online. Could someone please help

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation after Settled Status (Non EEA family member)

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:08 pm

If I understand correctly your route was EEA family member and follow-on Settled Status. For naturalisation you prove residence for the five years immediately preceding your application date, it's not the five years under EEA or Settled Status. Reason for P60 or employer letter is that EEA don't get stamps in their passport. And bank statements or bills nor not accepted as they don't necessarily prove residency.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

happydev
Newly Registered

Post by happydev » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:45 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:08 pm
If I understand correctly your route was EEA family member and follow-on Settled Status. For naturalisation you prove residence for the five years immediately preceding your application date, it's not the five years under EEA or Settled Status. Reason for P60 or employer letter is that EEA don't get stamps in their passport. And bank statements or bills nor not accepted as they don't necessarily prove residency.
Thanks for your response. Yes that was correct route, however I was/am a non EEA - Pakistani passport holder. so most of the places I went in last 5 years I still needed to get the visa. I know there are some exception where I could have travelled without visa along with my wife in Europe.

for 2017-2018 I don't have p60 and the company I was working full time has dissolved so very difficult to get hold of someone. however I filed self assessment with no income. Could I use that?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:52 pm

If it comes off the HMRC system then it should be ok.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.