ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information about work visa procedure for Physiotherapist

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mak92
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Information about work visa procedure for Physiotherapist

Post by Mak92 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Dear all,

I currently live in Pakistan and working here as a physiotherapist. I have a 5 year degree in PT obtained here and i have been working for 2 years now. I am currently looking to have a work experience in the Uk and I can see some job posts for Nhs and private clinics. I am not sure, though, if i would be eligible. Would the employer sponsor my visa? Would they help me and guide me on how to get a PT license for uk? If i am not mistaken my SOC is not in the shortage list but I hope it will be included.
Any advice would be appreciated, especially from someone working in my field.
Thank you for your help!!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Information about work visa procedure for Physiotherapist

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:50 pm

Hello

To hire you, an employer has to demonstrate that he couldn't find anyone in the UK market who is fit for the job.

As the Tier 2 process is cumbersome for employers, they usually consider a sponsorship only when they are desperate and genuinely can't fill open positions by hiring on the local market.

As a general rule, it's up to you to make sure your qualifications are valid in the UK. That's involves registering with the relevant professional bodies, passing exams, sending paperwork... etc.

You can't approach a employer with a qualification that is not recognised/valid in the UK and ask him to sponsor you and help validating your qualification.

I don't want to scare you but market conditions are difficult a the moment. I know 2 students who graduated recently in the UK (Finance and Engineering). Both searched desperately for a Tier 2 sponsorship, went to interviews, then had to leave the UK because no employer was keen to sponsor.

Even the company I work for, they started a Tier 2 process for someone, it was so complicated for HR that they had to pay a solicitors agency, then during that process a candidate from EU turned up. He was willing to relocate. So they cancelled the Tier 2 hiring and went for the European because it was easier and cheaper.

There is this post:
uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/swit ... t#p1721143

A Physiotherapist from Australia on Tier 2. I don't know the circumstances of this person but just I wanted to show a concrete example.

Mak92
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Information about work visa procedure for Physiotherapist

Post by Mak92 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:14 pm

Thank you for your reply @zerubbabel, very interesting information. I dont feel discouraged, it is important to know the reality of things and what I can do to increase the chances of making my dream come true :)
If anyone from my field and/or nation can give me more information about it that would be awesome