ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Tier 2 dependent Application - Top up fee request from Home Office

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lotus_2020
Newly Registered
India

Urgent - Tier 2 dependent Application - Top up fee request from Home Office

Post by Lotus_2020 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:18 pm

Hi All,

I need urgent Advice on am email from Home office on my PBS dependent Application

I have applied for PBS dependent VISA. Wife got Tier 2 on SOC.
Post submission of biometric i have received below email. The details in email are correct with respect to my personal details and application no

Please find attached a request for a top-up of fees paid for you and your children’s Tier 2 dependant application. This is because at the time of assigning the certificate of sponsorship for your wife her occupation was not on the shortage list. Therefore a fee is required for your applications to be valid. Until this is paid I will be unable to consider your applications.

Query
1. Does this seem a valid case that COS is issued on SOC and at the time of assignment Job got out of SOC. Currently, i see it is in SOC
2. The email is asking for a cheque or providing debit/credit card details. Does Home office ask for it over email, is there a way to pay online or via phone call as I am not sure if this is a legit request
3. The subject line seems incorrect, as it refer Tier 2 application Jun2019, though i have submitted in Jan
4. I have seen Home office site for advice. The email format is genuine as per home office recommendation i.e. name DOT surname AT homeoffice DOT gov DOT uk.
5. I called the Home Office care no, they said if email is legit as per format then you can provide card details, though their site mention to be suspicious if somebody ask for "they ask for your bank account or credit card details, or confidential information"

Please ADVICE ASAP

Thanks in advance

rooney0511

Re: Urgent - Tier 2 dependent Application - Top up fee request from Home Office

Post by rooney0511 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:53 am

Lotus_2020 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:18 pm
Hi All,

I need urgent Advice on am email from Home office on my PBS dependent Application

I have applied for PBS dependent VISA. Wife got Tier 2 on SOC.
Post submission of biometric i have received below email. The details in email are correct with respect to my personal details and application no

Please find attached a request for a top-up of fees paid for you and your children’s Tier 2 dependant application. This is because at the time of assigning the certificate of sponsorship for your wife her occupation was not on the shortage list. Therefore a fee is required for your applications to be valid. Until this is paid I will be unable to consider your applications.

Query
1. Does this seem a valid case that COS is issued on SOC and at the time of assignment Job got out of SOC. Currently, i see it is in SOC
2. The email is asking for a cheque or providing debit/credit card details. Does Home office ask for it over email, is there a way to pay online or via phone call as I am not sure if this is a legit request
3. The subject line seems incorrect, as it refer Tier 2 application Jun2019, though i have submitted in Jan
4. I have seen Home office site for advice. The email format is genuine as per home office recommendation i.e. name DOT surname AT homeoffice DOT gov DOT uk.
5. I called the Home Office care no, they said if email is legit as per format then you can provide card details, though their site mention to be suspicious if somebody ask for "they ask for your bank account or credit card details, or confidential information"

Please ADVICE ASAP

Thanks in advance

Looks like a genuine email, A friend of mine got similar which is as follows.

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for your application for leave to remain within the United Kingdom.

While you have paid £1,747.20 for your application and enrolment, this, unfortunately, is not enough to process your application.

The reason for this is as your spouse, XXXXXXXXX has paid for an over 3 years visa with her occupation not being on the shortage occupation list, you are required to pay the same amount.

The total amount you need to pay is £2,227.20. This is a difference of £480 that you need to pay.

Please fill in the attached form and send it back to us as soon as possible.

As we have had to make this request, we are unfortunately unable to fulfill the service level agreement of 24 hours.

Kind regards,

There was an attachment page with the required details like debit/credit card, he filled it, scanned and sent it as a reply on the same email and his application was processed in a few days. ( He posted the form later as well ) Mind you the fee mentioned above is for a 5 year plus super-premium.

Lotus_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by Lotus_2020 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:32 pm

Thanks for the prompt response. I have sent across the details to the home office.
No Acknowledgement yet from them, hoping for the best.

Thanks

Lotus_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by Lotus_2020 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:40 pm

Thanks again. It was helpful.
It was genuine and I have got the approval letter.