ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR APPLICATION REJECTION GROUND

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Trish2020
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by Trish2020 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:53 pm

Hi.. I am not due to apply for ILR till 2021 but I just wanted to know.. I am a nurse working in the Nhs and I have seen myself doing more than 20 hours overtime sometimes for my employer in addition to the 37.5 hours.. I know one of the immigration rules is that you shouldn’t do more than 20 hours for a second employer.., I was able to extend my visa without any issues... I just wanted to know if this will affect my ILR? Any one who has been in this situation that can help? Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: ILR

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:43 pm

Is it extra time the NHS or with a second employer?

Trish2020
Newly Registered

Re: ILR

Post by Trish2020 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:53 pm

Nhs

Trish2020
Newly Registered

ILR APPLICATION REJECTION GROUND

Post by Trish2020 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:43 pm

.. I am a nurse working in the Nhs and I have seen myself doing more than 20 hours overtime sometimes for my employer in addition to the 37.5 hours because of the shortage in the NHS.. I know one of the immigration rules is that you shouldn’t do more than 20 hours for a second employer.., I was able to extend my visa without any issues... I just wanted to know if this will affect my ILR? I have no other convictions or issues..,Any one who has been in this situation that can help? Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: ILR APPLICATION REJECTION GROUND

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:37 pm

Trish2020 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:43 pm
.. I am a nurse working in the Nhs and I have seen myself doing more than 20 hours overtime sometimes for my employer in addition to the 37.5 hours because of the shortage in the NHS.. I know one of the immigration rules is that you shouldn’t do more than 20 hours for a second employer.., I was able to extend my visa without any issues... I just wanted to know if this will affect my ILR? I have no other convictions or issues..,Any one who has been in this situation that can help? Thanks
Doing overtime for the same employer is not a second job. Why do you think it's a second employer?
Where are you doing the overtime? Are you getting paid separately for the overtime by a different trust?

if you are working as a Nurse for an employer and you are doing overtime for the employer, then it is not a second job.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:39 pm

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Trish2020
Newly Registered

Post by Trish2020 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:41 pm

It’s for the same employer and yes I get paid separately for doing over time and my employer is the Nhs ... just asked because I am doing more than my contracted hours

Trish2020
Newly Registered

Post by Trish2020 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:32 am

Thanks for your response

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:26 pm

Trish2020 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:41 pm
It’s for the same employer and yes I get paid separately for doing over time and my employer is the Nhs ... just asked because I am doing more than my contracted hours
An overtime for the same employer is not a second job.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Trish2020
Newly Registered

Post by Trish2020 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:08 pm

Thanks for the clarification... do you know if it will affect someone who does more than 20 hours extra a week for another employer although an another NHS trust while on annual leave from your main employer... thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:54 pm

Trish2020 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:08 pm
Thanks for the clarification... do you know if it will affect someone who does more than 20 hours extra a week for another employer although an another NHS trust while on annual leave from your main employer... thanks
Another trust within NHS is seen as a different employer because they will have different sponsorship registeration. If anyone is doing more than 20 hours of work as a second job, such as person is in breach of immigration rule. It could affect future application.
Annual leaves are paid leaves so you are still essentially working for your main employer, taking a short term job during annual leave (is a second job) and if it is more than 20 hours, it will be in breach of immigration rule.

Trish2020
Newly Registered

Post by Trish2020 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:51 pm

Thank you so much for the clarification... xx