ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application being prepared for Consolidation?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AkuaTT
Newly Registered

TLS - eDossier Self Upload

Post by AkuaTT » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:24 am

Morning All,

So let me get straight into it :D

I’ve been a silent reader for about 8 months and this forum is definitely a GODSEND. At the moment, me and my husband are about a week away from applying for his UK Spouse Visa (he’s in Ghana, and I’m a British born Ghanaian). We decided to apply by ourselves using the DIY pack on the Migrate site and we are using a solicitors check and send services (Every week he will review what we have uploaded on Dropbox using his traffic light system). So far so good... Our application is quite straightforward.

Finally, the question: Has anyone had any RECENT experience with using the tls self upload system and does anyone please know the max size allowed for the PDF files?? I’ve seen some on here say that VFS is 6MB others have said 10 MB and someone else said 4MB :?

All my PDFs are organised in individual folders some of my bank statements are between 8MB-10MB so I would like to know ASAP please so I start compressing these files, I don’t want to stress later :wink: lol

Thanks a lot guys!

clareR
Newly Registered

Re: TLS - eDossier Self Upload

Post by clareR » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:58 am

We did this a couple of weeks ago and there is a 6mb filesize limit.

The advice on their website is to scan in black and white to reduce filesize. And to split large files if necessary and just name them appropriately bank-statement-part1.pdf bank-statement-part2.pdf etc etc.

Scanning in black and white is the easiest option, and choosing other optimised scan settings to reduce file size in the first place.

If it's difficult you can have the docs scanned and uploaded for you at the biometrics apptmnt.

AkuaTT
Newly Registered

Post by AkuaTT » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:43 pm

Thanks so much for the reply, I have Adobe DC which reduces files without loss of quality so I’ll use that.

billybig
Newly Registered

Post by billybig » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:48 am

I just uploaded a tonne of documents and submitted recently. I want to warn you (as it had me panicked) when you "submit" the document it takes AGES to do something and then come back to you. There is a popup which warns about submission (and no going back) then you click OK and nothing seems to happen. Just wait, and wait, and wait. About 20 minutes later (we had around 300 pages in total) the page refreshed and all documents were accepted.
Just a heads up as I was panicking on the day before the biometrics!
I thought the eSolo5 portal was actually quite functional, but the categories don't really match up to anything (they are very generic).
Good luck

AkuaTT
Newly Registered

Post by AkuaTT » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:53 am

billybig wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:48 am
I just uploaded a tonne of documents and submitted recently. I want to warn you (as it had me panicked) when you "submit" the document it takes AGES to do something and then come back to you. There is a popup which warns about submission (and no going back) then you click OK and nothing seems to happen. Just wait, and wait, and wait. About 20 minutes later (we had around 300 pages in total) the page refreshed and all documents were accepted.
Just a heads up as I was panicking on the day before the biometrics!
I thought the eSolo5 portal was actually quite functional, but the categories don't really match up to anything (they are very generic).
Good luck

Oh God, I heard about that actually :| hopefully I can get my husband an appointment a few days away from when I submit the application and start uploading documents. Waaait a minute, do you not know if your documents are accepted until you click “Submit”??!! :shock: :shock: Isn’t there a way to preview documents and make sure everything is okay and within size limits. These people want me to collapse with anxiety! :roll:

clareR
Newly Registered

Post by clareR » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:21 pm

I did not have too much trouble with the uploading. It is true that the categories are a bit odd, but they kind of make sense. There was a preview and there was no lag when I was doing it....Once uploaded I was also able to go back and remove and add stuff etc and you can put a description by each file upload so it is clear what it is. At the biometric apptmnt my husband said the person checked through all his uploads also...we did not pay for document check, but they took a look anyway.

AkuaTT
Newly Registered

UK SPOUSE VISA 2020- DOC CHECK

Post by AkuaTT » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:42 pm

Hi All, we will be applying for my husband’s uk spouse visa later this week (he’s in Ghana) and I just wanted to list documents we’ll be uploading and ask some questions:

Applicant Docs
Photocopy of husbands current passport (All pages)
Photocopy of husbands old passport (All pages)
Signed letter of support
IELTS English test cert A1 (British Council Ghana)
TB test cert from HO approved centre

Sponsor Docs
Photocopy of current British passport
Signed letter of Support (includes list of gross pay from past 6 months and the calculation in Appendix FM section 1.7, paragraph 5.1.4 has been demonstrated as I’m non-salaried using Cat A)

Sponsor Financial Docs
Original Job offer email with original letter
Signed Employer Confirmation of employment letter
Signed Employer payslip letter with 6 payslips attached, each signed
6 months bank statements
Employer confirmation statement from Companies House

Relationship Docs
Marriage certificate
Picture evidence (selfies and pics from our first date,wedding,first Xmas together)
My boarding passes and flight tickets
My Ghanaian passport Bio page and stamps showing entry/exit in Ghana (I use my Ghanaian passport when travelling there, I’m a dual national and it’s easier)
WhatsApp Screenshots-Part 1 (June’18 to May’19)
WhatsApp Screenshots-Part 2 (June’19 to Feb’20)

Our relationship started mid 2018.

Accomodation Docs
Signed Letter from my father confirming both me and my husband can stay stay at our house with his British passport bio page attached (Both my parents own the property)
Recent Mortgage statement (conveniently came at the end of January)
Property Valuation which also includes how many bedrooms (4) and other rooms in the property.

Are we missing anything guys ???

AkuaTT
Newly Registered

Re: UK SPOUSE VISA 2020- DOC CHECK

Post by AkuaTT » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:43 pm

AkuaTT wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:42 pm
Hi All, we will be applying for my husband’s uk spouse visa later this week (he’s in Ghana) and I just wanted to list documents we’ll be uploading and ask some questions:

Applicant Docs
Photocopy of husbands current passport (All pages)
Photocopy of husbands old passport (All pages)
Signed letter of support
IELTS English test cert A1 (British Council Ghana)
TB test cert from HO approved centre

Sponsor Docs
Photocopy of current British passport
Signed letter of Support (includes list of gross pay from past 6 months and the calculation in Appendix FM section 1.7, paragraph 5.1.4 has been demonstrated as I’m non-salaried using Cat A)

Sponsor Financial Docs
Original Job offer email with original letter
Signed Employer Confirmation of employment letter
Signed Employer payslip letter with 6 payslips attached, each signed
6 months bank statements
Employer confirmation statement from Companies House

Relationship Docs
Marriage certificate
Picture evidence (selfies and pics from our first date,wedding,first Xmas together)
My boarding passes and flight tickets
My Ghanaian passport Bio page and stamps showing entry/exit in Ghana (I use my Ghanaian passport when travelling there, I’m a dual national and it’s easier)
WhatsApp Screenshots-Part 1 (June’18 to May’19)
WhatsApp Screenshots-Part 2 (June’19 to Feb’20)

Our relationship started mid 2018.

Accomodation Docs
Signed Letter from my father confirming both me and my husband can stay stay at our house with his British passport bio page attached (Both my parents own the property)
Recent Mortgage statement (conveniently came at the end of January)
Property Valuation which also includes how many bedrooms (4) and other rooms in the property.

Are we missing anything guys ???

In regards to my bank statements, my December bank statement cut off early so my December pay is in my Jan 2020 statement. The Dec statement doesn’t show any payments from work but both my Dec payment and jan payment are in my Jan statement. I put an asterisk on all payments from work in all my statements, and hubby put a note about this in his support letter, I hope this is okay?

My payslips show my total gross as “NI-able Gross” there is also “Taxable Gross” which obviously isn’t the full amount I’ve earned but the amount I can be taxed on. My employer put an asterisk next to the “NI-able” gross on my payslips so again I hope the ECO uses his/her eyes very well and spots this!!!

Also the Regional Director signed the employer letter and the payslips but the signatures on the payslips look kind of digital because they’re exactly the same as his signature in the letter. Am I being too dramatic orrrr will the ECO thinks it’s fake or something??

AkuaTT
Newly Registered

Post by AkuaTT » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:31 am

The topics got merged somehow, so the docs post is all the way at the bottom where no one can see :( .

Can anyone please give their opinion on the docs I’ve listed so far? And is an employee contract necessary because my contract looks sloppy and HR wrote on some bits with a blue pen so I don’t want the ECO to think I did that.

Any input will be appreciated!!!

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:26 am

From a quick glance, nothing obvious appears to be missing. An employment contract is not necessary to include nor is the employer confirmation statement from Companies House relevant unless the sponsor is a director of a limited company based in the UK (though Appendix FM-SE and the financial requirement guidance appear to have different wording in this regard). If the sponsor's employment is already in the UK, all that is necessary to include is payslips and personal bank statements covering a period of 6 months prior to the application date and a letter from the employer; evidence of a job offer is required in cases where the sponsor is returning to the UK with the applicant rather than the case where the sponsor is already working in the UK.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

sohail111

Post by sohail111 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:46 am

Have you included you're parents house title deeds? , morgage in their name, council tax bills (or anything similar to that) such as electric and gas bills

AkuaTT
Newly Registered

Post by AkuaTT » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:41 am

sohail111 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:46 am
Have you included you're parents house title deeds? , morgage in their name, council tax bills (or anything similar to that) such as electric and gas bills
I included a full property valuation in both my parents name and a recent & original mortgage statement that has been issued on official letterhead and sent by the owner’s (my parents) mortgage provider, also a letter from my dad confirming we have permission to stay, there is enough space in the house, how many of us will be in the house in total and also stated we will have sole use of one en-suite room. We were advised that both Mortgage and Cash buyers are classified as homeowners. If you’re a cash buyer the title deeds is what will be necessary for you to show you own the house, if Mortgage buyer then a recent mortgage in the owners name.

We haven’t included any bills, I’m not sure what the bills will emphasise to the ECO?

AkuaTT
Newly Registered

Post by AkuaTT » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:43 am

geoeng wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:26 am
From a quick glance, nothing obvious appears to be missing. An employment contract is not necessary to include nor is the employer confirmation statement from Companies House relevant unless the sponsor is a director of a limited company based in the UK (though Appendix FM-SE and the financial requirement guidance appear to have different wording in this regard). If the sponsor's employment is already in the UK, all that is necessary to include is payslips and personal bank statements covering a period of 6 months prior to the application date and a letter from the employer; evidence of a job offer is required in cases where the sponsor is returning to the UK with the applicant rather than the case where the sponsor is already working in the UK.
Thanks! Others said the same about the Confirmation statement so I’ve removed it now.

sohail111

Post by sohail111 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:10 pm

AkuaTT wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:41 am
sohail111 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:46 am
I included a full property valuation in both my parents name and a recent & original mortgage statement that has been issued on official letterhead and sent by the owner’s (my parents) mortgage provider, also a letter from my dad confirming we have permission to stay, there is enough space in the house, how many of us will be in the house in total and also stated we will have sole use of one en-suite room. We were advised that both Mortgage and Cash buyers are classified as homeowners. If you’re a cash buyer the title deeds is what will be necessary for you to show you own the house, if Mortgage buyer then a recent mortgage in the owners name.

We haven’t included any bills, I’m not sure what the bills will emphasise to the ECO?
I wasnt sure if you had the above, but that looks like a solid foundation to evidence your parents own the house.

AkuaTT
Newly Registered

Supporting Docs-Categories- TLS

Post by AkuaTT » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:55 pm

Hi Guys!

Might be a bit of a silly question but I’m curious:

In what order are our documents sent to the ECO when self uploading on TLS? Would it be in the order we upload our documents ORR in the order of how TLS have done the categories for example ‘Residency, Employment Evidence and Financial evidence’ are the first three categories in the drop down menu . If I upload docs in Sponsor evidence or family evidence first is that what they will see first?

Not sure if I’m making sense lol, reason I ask is because I am non-salaried and my calculations etc are in my letter of support but Sponsor evidence comes after Financial evidence. If docs are viewed how TLS have listed the categories I’ll split the letter into two so that the first doc they see in financial evidence is my calculations and how I meet the requirements according to the Appendix FM 1.7 etc then my payslips etc will flow from there.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks!!

AkuaTT
Newly Registered

Post by AkuaTT » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:05 pm

clareR wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:21 pm
I did not have too much trouble with the uploading. It is true that the categories are a bit odd, but they kind of make sense. There was a preview and there was no lag when I was doing it....Once uploaded I was also able to go back and remove and add stuff etc and you can put a description by each file upload so it is clear what it is. At the biometric apptmnt my husband said the person checked through all his uploads also...we did not pay for document check, but they took a look anyway.
Hi clareR,

Was it TLS or VFS you used to do the self upload? I noticed you’ve said you were able to put a description next to each file. I can’t find that anywhere on the TLS upload page :( also your husband did a document check was it with VFS then?

AkuaTT
Newly Registered

Re: Supporting Docs-Categories- TLS

Post by AkuaTT » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:18 pm

AkuaTT wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:55 pm
Hi Guys!

Might be a bit of a silly question but I’m curious:

In what order are our documents sent to the ECO when self uploading on TLS? Would it be in the order we upload our documents ORR in the order of how TLS have done the categories for example ‘Residency, Employment Evidence and Financial evidence’ are the first three categories in the drop down menu . If I upload docs in Sponsor evidence or family evidence first is that what they will see first?

Not sure if I’m making sense lol, reason I ask is because I am non-salaried and my calculations etc are in my letter of support but Sponsor evidence comes after Financial evidence. If docs are viewed how TLS have listed the categories I’ll split the letter into two so that the first doc they see in financial evidence is my calculations and how I meet the requirements according to the Appendix FM 1.7 etc then my payslips etc will flow from there.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks!!
Anyone??

billybig
Newly Registered

Re: Supporting Docs-Categories- TLS

Post by billybig » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:29 pm

I don't know for sure, but I think there is absolutely no meaning to the order.
I hope that they will look at least at the first page of every document to verify what this roughly is.
My point is that if my 6 months payslips are buried at the bottom, and they get bored of going through my documents after 10 documents, that's actually not my problem. I am saying that I would assume they really have to open all of the documents.
Remember you can always add a covering letter with further explanation. Or, in the VAF4A Appendix 2, there is a free text field to add comments about salary/job etc.

AkuaTT
Newly Registered

Application being prepared for Consolidation?

Post by AkuaTT » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:11 pm

Evening all, My husband went for his biometric appointment the morning of 5th March and received an email that afternoon that his application has been sent to the decision making centre. He then received the email the next day from the UK decision making centre but it said “ Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consolidation by an Entry Clearance Officer.” Etc etc.

I know everyone’s email usually says their application is currently being prepared for consideration. Am I overthinking this or? :oops:

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Application being prepared for Consolidation?

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:12 am

AkuaTT wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:11 pm
Evening all, My husband went for his biometric appointment the morning of 5th March and received an email that afternoon that his application has been sent to the decision making centre. He then received the email the next day from the UK decision making centre but it said “ Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consolidation by an Entry Clearance Officer.” Etc etc.

I know everyone’s email usually says their application is currently being prepared for consideration. Am I overthinking this or? :oops:
Presumably overthinking this. Template Generic mail that's supposedly precomposed but your own case got a personal touch . Let hope the actual case worker does a favourable job.

AkuaTT
Newly Registered

Re: Application being prepared for Consolidation?

Post by AkuaTT » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:05 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:12 am
AkuaTT wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:11 pm

Presumably overthinking this. Template Generic mail that's supposedly precomposed but your own case got a personal touch . Let hope the actual case worker does a favourable job.
Ahh okay then, just wanted to double check lol. Thanks!