ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

way2iima
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General visa

Post by way2iima » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:51 pm

Hi, I am currently in Tier 2 ICT dependent/spouse visa and I am working for a technology company in UK for last 7 months and my current employer has decided to sponsor me "Tier 2 General Visa".

Can my employer apply the "Unrestricted Visa" for me as I am already residing and working in UK or should they apply "Restricted Visa" for me which in case, should I go back to my home country and apply Tier 2 General from there? Is there any other way that I can switch from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General visa with out going back to my home country? It would be helpful if someone could respond at the earliest.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:50 pm

Can my employer apply the "Unrestricted Visa" for me as I am already residing and working in UK
No. You cannot switch categories within the UK.
or should they apply "Restricted Visa" for me which in case, should I go back to my home country and apply Tier 2 General from there?
Yes, you must apply from your home country.
Is there any other way that I can switch from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General visa with out going back to my home country? It would be helpful if someone could respond at the earliest.
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

way2iima
Newly Registered
India

Post by way2iima » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:03 pm

Thanks CR001 for the prompt response.

I have one more query.

Can I submit my visa application online while in the UK and travel to my home country (India) for document submission and biometrics?

What would be the tentative timeline for this entire process?

way2iima
Newly Registered
India

Post by way2iima » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi CR001,

Can I submit my visa application online while in the UK and travel to my home country (India) for document submission and biometrics?

It would be very helpful if you could respond to the above query.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:18 pm

You should submit in India as I believe the form asks for travel history to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

way2iima
Newly Registered
India

Post by way2iima » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:54 pm

Hi,

I am in Tier 2 ICT dependent visa and my visa is valid until September 2021. My RCoS for Tier 2 General Visa is allocated on March 11, 2020. Am I eligible to apply within UK considering the current travel restrictrions as they have given the eligible dates as 24 January and 31 May 2020 in the COVID 19 UKVI guidelines? If I am not eligible, what would be the next course of action for me. Please help.

COVID 19: Switching to a long-term UK visa
• During these unique circumstances individuals will be able to apply from the UK to switch to a long-term UK visa until 31 May. This includes applications where they would usually need to apply for a visa from their home country.
• They will need to meet the requirements of the route they are switching into and pay the UK application fee.
• Those whose leave expires between 24 January and 31 May 2020, including those whose leave has already been automatically extended to 31 March 2020, are eligible to apply .

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:54 pm

Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.