ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - Change of Employment - Clarification on current visa type

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tkmeetsu
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General - Change of Employment - Clarification on current visa type

Post by tkmeetsu » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:14 pm

Hi there,

While making a Tier 2 General Change of employment visa application, there's a particular field in the application form which asks "What type of visa or leave to remain do you have?"

The current BRP says "Tier 2 (General) Leave to Enter" as the visa type. But there is no such option in the list of options available. The only option which I can see that matches closely is "Tier 2 (General) Leave to Remain". I understand that Leave to Remain is when we apply for Tier 2 visa from inside the UK. But I got confused because the question asks about the current visa.

The applicant is a Registered Nurse and I can see an option called "Overseas Qualified Nurse or Midwife" in the list. The confusion is whether to go for "Tier 2 (General) Leave to Remain" or "Overseas Qualified Nurse or Midwife" or if it is any other option.

Can someone please advice on what should be selected in this case?

Thanks
Nidhin

tkmeetsu
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 General - Change of Employment - Clarification on current visa type

Post by tkmeetsu » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:10 am

Hello there,

Can someone please advice what would be the right option to select here?

Thanks
Nidhin